Just wondering who are the real Phoenicians, Sumerians and Assyrians today?

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I was wondering what you guys think?

I heard Phoenicians are Lebanese most likely the Christian population.
Assyrian are the Assyrian people they are still found in minor numbers, but really are they the only true Assyrians?
What about the real Sumerians you have many ethnics living in the old borders of Mesopotamia region today.

War iga jahiil bixi kheyr Allaha idiin siiyee abihiiin wasse !!!

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Sheikh @CaliTedesse, are Assyrians like Christian Syrians who weren't tricked into identifying as Arabs or something? Everytime I read that name I feel like its a meme ethnic creation.

Apollo

VIP
Phoenicians = Lebanese Christians
Assyrians = Syrian Christians
Sumerians / Mesopotamians = Mandaean Iraqis, Iraqi Christians

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Phoenicians = Lebanese Christians
Assyrians = Syrian Christians
Sumerians / Mesopotamians = Mandaean Iraqis, Iraqi Christians
Most Syrian Christians identify as Arab, but so they are actually Assyrian?

Apollo

VIP
What about Lebanese Muslims, are they still predominantly of Phoenician ancestry?

Same but more Sub-Saharan African, Arabian, and Ottoman Turk from what I gather, while religious minorities from the Mideast were less cosmopolitan.

Most Syrian Christians identify as Arab, but so they are actually Assyrian?

Muslim Syrians also descend from the Assyrians. The Christian Syrians just do slightly more.

Same but more Sub-Saharan African, Arabian, and Ottoman Turk from what I gather, while religious minorities from the Mideast were less cosmopolitan.

Muslim Syrians also descend from the Assyrians. The Christian Syrians just do slightly more.
How much SSA ancestry do Lebanese muslims have?

Apollo

VIP
How much SSA ancestry do Lebanese muslims have?

Something like 7-12% while in Assyrians (Christian Arameans) it is like 0.5-1.5%, which is a rather significant statistical difference that can only be explained due to certain cultural differences historically.

Something like 7-12% while in Assyrians (Christian Arameans) it is like 0.5-1.5%, which is a rather significant statistical difference that can only be explained due to certain cultural differences historically.
Interesting do you know if the SSA ancestry is niger congoid or nilo saharan?

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Assyrians are those who were historically followed the Assyrian orthodox church, the is kurds, arminians Chaldeans, arabs "yes arabs", and Assyrians(Arameans).

this is a study on 103 Iraqi-Assyrians and this is their HGs. They are not homogeneous, the are made up of several nation, since the Assyrian church was a Missionary Church.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0187408&fbclid=IwAR3dPgIR1Cq7pF_5TPgmsuCxHxy8G6BBUjSWBqtH0rU4bGAjj7R6qsj2NUs

90736592_2678397299062585_3428377328143564800_n.jpg

@CaliTedesse @Apollo @Pastoralite

Those groups may not exist anymore. The 2 Akkadian empires did so much assimilating/exiling/deporting/mixing of so many groups in the Levant and Mesopatamia that even the Akkadian/EastSemitic languages disappeared and the whole Mashriq ended up mostly speaking either Eastern Aramaic or Western Aeamaic. The preArabic
West Aramaic speaking tribes might be the closest approximation to Canaanites and non Jewish or Jewish Israelites.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending