Just saw Marriage Story (2019)

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
What a a masterfully written work of fiction with some of the best acting I've seen all year, after watching it a second time, I realized there quite a few morbid and harsh truths in this film....

The movie shows how we often overreact to things and can hurt those that we love. Because Charlie and Nicole love each other, they’re just not right for one another. But they overcorrect and end up making things worse than they needed to be, thus being incompatible with each other, basically telling us that mutual passion for your spouse is not the only thing that matters and can easily clash with and get hindered by your own personal goals.

All of that said I think the movie also shows the unavoidable messiness of divorce and custody battles while highlighting the competitive nature of co-parenting. It’s a very intimate, realistic and humane look at something that doesn’t usually get a non-sensationalist treatment.

What a a masterfully written work of fiction with some of the best acting I've seen all year, after watching it a second time, I realized there quite a few morbid and harsh truths in this film....

The movie shows how we often overreact to things and can hurt those that we love. Because Charlie and Nicole love each other, they’re just not right for one another. But they overcorrect and end up making things worse than they needed to be, thus being incompatible with each other, basically telling us that mutual passion for your spouse is not the only thing that matters and can easily clash with and get hindered by your own personal goals.

All of that said I think the movie also shows the unavoidable messiness of divorce and custody battles while highlighting the competitive nature of co-parenting. It’s a very intimate, realistic and humane look at something that doesn’t usually get a non-sensationalist treatment.
where do you live.

psyche

To each their own
I watched it a month ago and couldn't agree more.

It really shows the reality of marriage and that sometimes couples will struggle to love each as they have different goals and beliefs.

The ending was quite depressing because of the way they didn't make up. You thought they would finally snap out of it and realise that they still could save the marriage.

Last edited:

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Where eastleigh?
Haa dee walaal
I watched it a month ago and couldn't agree more.

It really shows the reality of marriage and that sometimes couples will struggle to love each as they have different goals and beliefs.

The ending was quite depressing because of the way they didn't make up. You thought they would finally snap out of it and realise that they still could save the marriage.
I loved the ending because it shows this movie isn't afraid to disobey the rules of conventional story-telling, the script's primary objective was to seem as realistic as possible, and real life can definitely have sad and gloomy endings

After it was over I didn't feel like I just watched a movie, it felt like I witnessed an important and exciting chapter in someone's life. I also loved how it immediately didn't cut to black, the characters were still on screen as the credits rolled on... Signifying how life moves on and there's never a true definitive ending in the protagonist's world

Calm down, it's just a movie. Not so revolutionary or as critical as you make it sound. It is a good watch that deserves high ratings, but aren't y'all overstating it too much? I rate it 8/10.
After it was over I didn't feel like I just watched a movie, it felt like I witnessed an important and exciting chapter in someone's life.
Subxaan Allah, why so dramatic?

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Calm down, it's just a movie. Not so revolutionary or as critical as you make it sound. It is a good watch that deserves high ratings, but aren't y'all overstating it too much? I rate it 8/10.

Subxaan Allah, why so dramatic?
I am calm, Just appreciating the subtle and artistic details that many fail to comprehend, so no need to be so dramatic yourself sir.

I am calm, Just appreciating the subtle and artistic details that many fail to comprehend, so no need to be so dramatic yourself sir.
Oh yes, of course, enlighten us on your refined and keen perceptions that only you can glean from these magnificent works of art. It is much appreciated my friend

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Oh yes, of course, enlighten us on your refined and keen perceptions that only you can glean from these magnificent works of art. It is much appreciated my friend
Thanks for the compliments, you're not so bad yourself

Trending