Just keep swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just realised that the majority of my friends (myself included) can't swim. I've actually almost drowned twice, once in the deep end of a pool, the second time at a waterpark. The slide I was on led to a deep plunge pool and I was struggling to get out. The only good thing about almost drowning this time was the lifeguard had amazing naaso. :lawd:

It's kinda annoying when you see fat people swimming for hours, especially when I can barely swim for a few minutes. So is this a common theme amongst Somalis or is it just us?

I'd be a shit pirate :(

I can swim bud, so can the somalis in somalia. Did you not grow up near oceans or lakes?

No I didn't, did you learn by just going to the local lake/beach? In primary school they give everyone swimming lessons for a year, I can swim a bit, about 2 lengths before I become knackered. I know I'd have no hope in the middle of a lake/sea.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
No I didn't, did you learn by just going to the local lake/beach? In primary school they give everyone swimming lessons for a year, I can swim a bit, about 2 lengths before I become knackered. I know I'd have no hope in the middle of a lake/sea.

Yes I use to go to the lake every weekend or the beach. if you like you can just go to the pool, wallahi my dad use to make fun of me for not going into the deep end. That pushed me to be braver.

If you have the technique and can already swim somewhat you just need to practice. Whatever you do don't panic. That's how you drown.

Yes I use to go to the lake every weekend or the beach. if you like you can just go to the pool, wallahi my dad use to make fun of me for not going into the deep end. That pushed me to be braver.

If you have the technique and can already swim somewhat you just need to practice. Whatever you do don't panic. That's how you drown.

Haha sounds like fun, you're lucky you lived so close to the beach.
I think my technique is awful, I'm too exhausted to carry on after 2 lengths (50 metres). Thanks for the advice but it's hard not to panic when you're drowning lol, maybe you can give me lessons (;

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Haha sounds like fun, you're lucky you lived so close to the beach.
I think my technique is awful, I'm too exhausted to carry on after 2 lengths (50 metres). Thanks for the advice but it's hard not to panic when you're drowning lol, maybe you can give me lessons (;

Meet me at lido beach 2016 then if Al Shabab doesn't take over xamar.
:francis:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
We went on a class trip to Amsterdam when I was 14. All the cadaan kids were excellent swimmers and here I was thinking swimming is a piece of cake. I almost drowned until a local Dutch boy saved me.

I've been carrying that L ever since.

:mjcry:

R

rcv

:ulachen001: Guys wallahi swimming isn't that difficult. Just hop into a pool and try to emulate what you see on TV. Thats all I did and i learned in a couple days. I think the stereotype of black people not knowing how to swim exists because swimming isn't a actrivity most black people (and somalis) take part in. Cadaan people are always going to the beach and shit.

Meet me at lido beach 2016 then if Al Shabab doesn't take over xamar.
:francis:

If I'm there I'll wear a jilbab to blend in :oops:

We went on a class trip to Amsterdam when I was 14. All the cadaan kids were excellent swimmers and here I was thinking swimming is a piece of cake. I almost drowned until a local Dutch boy saved me.

I've been carrying that L ever since.

:mjcry:

:friendhug:

I'll learn one day Inshallah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts