Just got cut from my finance job

Been working for like 4 years now - was up for a managerial promotion.
To all those new graduates or those with their lives planned out perfectly. Shit happens. Don't be naive, and compare your job to the trajectory of a cadaan person.

As a 1st generation Somali, moreso to the guys if there's any cuts in your company, no matter how much you mingle/asslick you'll be the first to go. You have no backing, no-one to vouch for you, and when push comes to shove most will throw you under the bus.

Nearly 26 now, fit healthy, got some money saved up, lost a bit in crypto and have plenty of job options. Starting your own business is the kingly/ Somali way. Sink or swim baby.

P.s if you manage to swim don't be throwing out lifejackets to beluga whales, they'll drag you to the depths of the ocean, get yourself another swimmer.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
As a 1st generation Somali, moreso to the guys if there's any cuts in your company, no matter how much you mingle/asslick you'll be the first to go. You have no backing, no-one to vouch for you, and when push comes to shove most will throw you under the bus.
Wallahi this is very true, should keep in mind.

This is why I don't understand non-white women who rag on their men for not dominating the corporate/financial systems of the west, whoever owns the system dictates who can climb the ranks. East Asians refer to it as a 'bamboo ceiling', they're white adjacent, work harder than anyone else and their arse licking of cadaans is unparalleled, even with all that they don't stand a chance, we have no choice but to invest back home or start our own businesses.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Do what I did and nail them with Evil eye lol. 1 VIP died in car crash after I sent my evil eye when they fired me from my IT job. Plus the CEO's son became a hunchback and started developing bad eyesight according to someone who still works there who tells me updates. So for sure my stuff worked on them. They can't just think they can remain unaffected after they easily fire a person after 3 years of hard work and countless heavy IT projects I did for them. People don't know stuff can affect them remotely and yeah all the time it happens, they fire black minorities and use littlest of stuff against them to look for reason to fire them. A lot of the times the ones doing the firing weren't even ones that hired them black or other African folks in the first place. White managers and COO's love an opportunity to spice up and make a big deal out of something to get a black person fired or they will just hire a black person for $20/hr developer job like they did to a Nigerian dude I know, but a pretty looking Pakistani lady gets $200k a year for that same role. So they pay based on looks too. Unbelievable systemic racism. Everyone knows there is Systemic racism. It is their country so they have an "Us vs Them" attitude towards black people including even darker skinned Indian folks. I've driven in Uber a darker skinned Indian guy from Tamil and he said he relocated for a $25/hr job as a developer. f*ck that shit, they only did that to him because they saw he was darker and just thought he was another black man and nothing important.

The system loves to segregate the white people from the black people too and black folks or anyone of colour always experiences something bad that the more white people don't experience so we often deal with stuff the more white skin folks like Arabs, whites, Latinos don't deal with.

It's also the reason why the EEOC sues often.

evileye.jpg

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Do what I did and nail them with Evil eye lol. 1 VIP died in car crash after I sent my evil eye when they fired me from my IT job. Plus the CEO's son became a hunchback and started developing bad eyesight according to someone who still works there who tells me updates. So for sure my stuff worked on them. They can't just think they can remain unaffected after they easily fire a person after 3 years of hard work and countless heavy IT projects I did for them. People don't know stuff can affect them remotely and yeah all the time it happens, they fire black minorities and use littlest of stuff against them to look for reason to fire them. A lot of the times the ones doing the firing weren't even ones that hired them black or other African folks in the first place. White managers and COO's love an opportunity to spice up and make a big deal out of something to get a black person fired or they will just hire a black person for $20/hr developer job like they did to a Nigerian dude I know, but a pretty looking Pakistani lady gets $200k a year for that same role. So they pay based on looks too. Unbelievable systemic racism. Everyone knows there is Systemic racism. It is their country so they have an "Us vs Them" attitude towards black people including even darker skinned Indian folks. I've driven in Uber a darker skinned Indian guy from Tamil and he said he relocated for a $25/hr job as a developer. f*ck that shit, they only did that to him because they saw he was darker and just thought he was another black man and nothing important.

The system loves to segregate the white people from the black people too and black folks or anyone of colour always experiences something bad that the more white people don't experience so we often deal with stuff the more white skin folks like Arabs, whites, Latinos don't deal with.

It's also the reason why the EEOC sues often.

View attachment 203825
Always include this pic with every comment like this, otherwise the FBI will think it's some sort of secret weapon with good name

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
Always include this pic with every comment like this, otherwise the FBI will think it's some sort of secret weapon with good name
oh I ain't worried about Fbi because they have came looking for me before and even showed my sister pic of me. I met up with them and they cleared me and no longer a suspect but obviously once they investigate you, they know you. and they know people use Witchcraft to kill or do remote viewing and astral projection, and even CIA has psychics, nothing metaphysical can be used in court evidence lol. judge and jury will laugh and say "You're claiming he used psychic evil eye powers to kill your VP and turn your CEO son in operations into a hunchback with eye and other deformities?" bwahahahahaha

the beauty of my powers is they are passive, they go to work by themselves.

I just get seriously offended or they take my job from me and bam it goes to work to affect them in strange ways.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
To all those new graduates or those with their lives planned out perfectly. Shit happens. Don't be naive, and compare your job to the trajectory of a cadaan person.

Nearly 26 now, fit healthy, got some money saved up, lost a bit in crypto and have plenty of job options. Starting your own business is the kingly/ Somali way. Sink or swim baby.

P.s if you manage to swim don't be throwing out lifejackets to beluga whales, they'll drag you to the depths of the ocean, get yourself another swimmer.
Realest post I've seen in a while.

Glad to see that you wanna build your own table rather than being an unwanted guest at someone else's table.

Anyone with a bit of true self respect would desire to work for themselves instead of selling their soul for white acceptance

Reborn
Are you from the UK?

It's unfortunate that this has happened but I guess it's a new opportunity for you!

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
11 years ago, I took an agency job at a oil refinery in Essex. When I was offered the job by the agency, I didn't have my bike, as it was at a garage awaiting repair for an earlier crash I got into. I spent 80£ on a push bike, and decided to cycle 10 to the site from am Essex train station, the refinery was close to the coast.

After three months, they were supposed to give me an offer of a contract, to become a permanent member of staff, and enjoy a much higher salary, and all the benefits of being an employee of the company, instead of the agency.

But instead of hiring me, they gave the job to this cadaan guy. Then they decided to violate me, by having me train that guy, then for him to take my job when he's fully trained, and I then get the boot. I walked out of the place three days into his training, as I realised how f*cked the situation was.

You're absolutely right, OP, companies don't give a rats ass about you. Sink or swim, indeed.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Sorry to hear that @Grigori Rasputin

Truth be told being self-employed isn't for everyone if you value this fallacy of work/life in perfect harmony.

You're probably going to have to work more hours for less money than your used to but in the end, it's worth it to me since you can sell/pass it on whatever you've created.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Bro respectfully, this is your problem.

Companies do not respect employees they already have, they're always going to put prospective employees first. This is because why promote you if you are already working in your current position. They will rather give that job to someone at another company as an incentive for them to work at their company.

You should always be applying for better jobs even if you are satisfied in your current job.

There is no loyalty in the workforce, they won't hesitate to fire you so don't hesitate to leave if you get a better job.

Trending