Jubbaland's next move

Abaq

VIP
With Jubbaland's arch nemesis Farmaajo gone and HSM back in office, it seems the relationship between J/land and the Federal Government will normalise somewhat and cooperation will return once again. However, the elephant in the room is, for how long? Ever since the tenants of Waamo mobilised themselves and liberated their land from the terrorists, they have received nothing but open contempt from the Xamar administration, and armed conflict. Although, some of you might be celebrating the change in administration in Xamar, I for one am not. I know sooner or later, the Federal government will start the conflict with Jubbaland once again. It seems all Somalis are united in denying reer Waamo the right to self-rule and self-determination.

The question then is, what should Jubbaland's next step be? I believe Jubbaland should use the coming lull period to liberate the remaining territory using international assistance. Thereafter, Jubbaland should focus on furthering its economic self-sufficiency from Xamar and the rest of Somalia by extension. For a big chunk of the Sharif administration, the first 3 years of HSM's first term, and nearly all of Farmajo's term, Jubbaland was completely cut off from Federal funding. Not an iota was received. If it wasn't for Kismayo Port's revenues, the Jubbaland administration would have collapsed. This is simply an untenable situation. If I was Axmed Madoobe, I would put effort into increasing the productivity of Jubbaland's livestock, fisheries, and farming sectors. The recent mini-dams project for towns along the river is a good start but more is needed. We need more canals and support with irrigation and well digging for use during the dry season. We need more commercial ranches to rear and breed more livestock for the export market. We need to enter an agreement with the UAE to establish a modern international standard abbatoir in Kismayo to start exporting frozen meat, rather than livestock. We need to support the fishermen with modern boats, freezers, etc. We need to encourage fishing cooperatives to pool resources and achieve economies of scale. We need to expand the current limited fishing export market to markets other than Kenya (Asian countries are a massive untapped market).

Most importantly, we need to ensure Jubbaland's economy is in indigenous hands. As things stand, a large chunk of the local economy is in the hands of foreign monopolies such as Hormuud. It is vital Axmed Madoobe severes his links with Ictisaam and denies these foreign monopolies access to Jubbaland's economy or reduces their share if total eradication is not possible. We need an indigenous telecoms company, utility supplier etc.

We need to implement the Kismayo Urban Master Plan (this has been on hold since Farmajo came to power). We need to implement what I call the Ummul-Qura system for all other towns and districts (where main government services are centralized in certain towns within commutable distance of nerby villages, thereby using limited resources efficiently rather than duplicating services that will be poorly maintained if at all). We need to implement holistic planned grazing all over Jubbaland to tackle desertification and drought, and increase productivity of the livestock sector.

All these steps won't take millions and millions (except replacing Hormuus which local businessmen can invest in). It just takes smart planning and efficient use of Jubbaland's limited budget. If economic self sufficiency from Xamar is realised, then Jubbaland will be in a much more secure position geopolitically, enabling it to act in its interests rather than be beholden to the whims of whoever resides in Villa Somalia.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The period of peace will likely continue till JL elections next year.

From there Xasan will definitely try meddling, fail, and likely spend an unknown amount of time on trying to politically isolate Jubbaland using Amisom as propaganda.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We also need to seek foreign financial support to fund & provide for our boys sleeping in the frontlines. To have a stable economy you need a strong security & intelligence institutions.

50D4CF25-61E1-463B-965B-9C2AE7ED6441.jpeg
D943080E-693D-44CF-83F1-FD2013E0053F.jpeg

@Abaq

I wish we get someone like you in charge bro, you have pointed out every good points we need to make and bring in a policy and objective

i wish we get a president like you with your vision, sadly madoobe has been too busy fighting villa somalia,

@Removed i agree 100% once the honey moon is over, villa somalia will wage its usual war

real politik will come back after the nice nice fakeness is over

we need to be prepared, @Removed are we sure ahmed does not want another 4 years

i fear an extension, we need him to retire, let him run for president or PM, we need to cleanse jubaland and make sure 100% of the economy is run by us and owned by us

as @Abaq mentioned, why is hormuud here? because ahmed believes ins somalianimo,

anyway, we need to prepare to liberate the land, we need an educated OG now, ahmed has dealt with moryaans but we need the next step, let him be our stalin, we need a Putin type to take it to the next level

we need to make it a majority land or us, control the economy, and most importantly, defeat the alkabab otherwise we will be at their mercy

we had villa somalia tying our hands for so long, once the honey is over, villa Somalia will be her usual self

Abaq

VIP
The period of peace will likely continue till JL elections next year.

From there Xasan will definitely try meddling, fail, and likely spend an unknown amount of time on trying to politically isolate Jubbaland using Amisom as propaganda.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
HSM and co believe we are foreigners in Jubbaland. They will do everything they can to try and undermine an Absame led Jubbaland. If Madoobe goes, we need a no nonsense duterte like ruler with a shoot on sight policy. We need a local version of Guddoomiye Sanyare of Mudug.

Abaq

VIP
@Abaq

I wish we get someone like you in charge bro, you have pointed out every good points we need to make and bring in a policy and objective

i wish we get a president like you with your vision, sadly madoobe has been too busy fighting villa somalia,

@Removed i agree 100% once the honey moon is over, villa somalia will wage its usual war

we need to be prepared, @Removed are we sure ahmed does not want another 4 years

i fear an extension, we need him to retire, let him run for president or PM, we need to cleanse jubaland and make sure 100% of the economy is run by us and owned by us

as @Abaq mentioned, why is hormuud here? because ahmed believes ins somalianimo,
We can't have security whilst we have businesses like Hormud who are in bed with Al Kebab in our midst. These guys probably share all customer data with Al Kebab including phone calls, money transactions etc. We need to indigenise the Jubbaland economy, as a SECURITY priority.

We also need to safely repatriate Jubbalanders currently stuck in Dhadhaab. They need to be resettled in their traditional villages, not just Kismayo. This is a demographic necessity.

We can't have security whilst we have businesses like Hormud who are in bed with Al Kebab in our midst. These guys probably share all customer data with Al Kebab including phone calls, money transactions etc. We need to indigenise the Jubbaland economy, as a SECURITY priority.

We also need to safely repatriate Jubbalanders currently stuck in Dhadhaab. They need to be resettled in their traditional villages, not just Kismayo. This is a demographic necessity.

We need a young, educated Machiavellian Reer Waamo Maqabul like you bro, the person we need

also i say enough with galti leaders, we need a reer waamo because we understand the clan dynamics its like an english guy going to Canada or USA or Australia to lead, same anglo saxon stock but does not know the full history

jeese, turki, madoobe, they do not understand the dynamics, turki AUN placed godane an idoor in the throne of kismayo, because he has this dream of an Islamic empire? who cares, we cannot buy a house in hargeysa, get lost and go back to your triangle

we need a waamo asli person, we need to:

ban hormuud

create our own telecom, internet etc services

we need 100% monopoly on control of the economy, just of us

we need to move the millions in dadaab of Absame stock

and exterminate alkabaab in our lands

madoobe needs to retire and a young visionary like @Abaq brought in insha Allah

Last edited:
HSM and co believe we are foreigners in Jubbaland. They will do everything they can to try and undermine an Absame led Jubbaland. If Madoobe goes, we need a no nonsense duterte like ruler with a shoot on sight policy. We need a local version of Guddoomiye Sanyare of Mudug.

they dont believe it, they know you have history there

they do it out of cuqdad and qabiil, hassan once remarked jubaland cannot be created but hiirshabeele

its qabiil, we need a ruthless neo nazi type Absame, like iley who places us first but doe snot spill our blood

trust me, deep down they all know you were doing Diiisow in waamo 200 years ago

waa cuqdad,

None of these will happen until ahmed retires, he wants to stay for eternity, he loves the kursi

but we need a man of action, no excuse now, farmajo is gone, we tamed hassan sheikh after we took him to jigjiga with iley for dfhaanto lessons but in his last year

ahmed has to go, next guy must be ultra nationalist to the Kuumade race and ethnic group and must be educated and waamo asli who knows our history

we are ignoring the elephant in the room we never discuss in public, madoobe needs to retire and younger more visionaries like @Abaq taking over

jubaland is more important than one man

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
@Abaq they know now who runs it after Mxs miserable 5 years. Regardless you did not lie about internal revenue the only viable path right now is developing our cattle trade and opening it to other countries standards.

In good news atleast Madoobe agrees with you in taking advantage of this honeymoon year and capturing Buale. It would seem the old man is really aiming for Buale before he heads out.
@Abaq

I am certain although the situation could always change, he didnt even want to stay in 2018 but Farmajo made it personal.

He is too soft for internal matters now that Hawiye and MX were defeated in the fgs we need someone to handle our domestic problems.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Meanwhile AS controls all of Middle Jubba and huge chunks of Lower Jubba. Reality sets in, stuck in Kismayo for another decade :tocry:

Meanwhile AS controls all of Middle Jubba and huge chunks of Lower Jubba. Reality sets in, stuck in Kismayo for another decade :tocry:
Thanks to your uncle for 5 years of of constant attacks

then addHassan and before that HAG presdeints using Mx PMs to wage war war

face it. There has never been a day for jubaland to focus on internal issues as villa Somalia has been a menace

let’s hope we get the respite we need now

DHOONYACAB

Xagar Badhaadhe Bu'ale
Jubbalands next move will become clearer in the next few few weeks-Once gedo is pacified the move towards middle jubba will begin-But lets wait and not get ahead of ourselfs,right now the focus is gedo-Things are happening on the ground in gedo-soon after we will get a clear picture.

Trending