John Cena's progress to 315 Bench Press. Current Bench is 185lbs.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I notice I make better gains when I'm chasing numbers. Due to my acid reflux issues, the only compound lift that I can do effectively is Bench Press.

My Bench prior to quarantine was 250lbs touch and go. Haven't benched heavy until now ( 2 years) and lost a lot of strength.

Right now it's currently at 185lbs.

Looking to hit 315 hopefully by next year. Going to get back to my old PR of 250lbs.

Will update this thread from time to time.

It's good to have targets to keep you motivated, having clear achievement strategies and orientations.

Don't strain/stress your body to the degree it leads to injurious outcomes, though.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
It's good to have targets to keep you motivated, having clear achievement strategies and orientations.

Don't strain/stress your body to the degree it leads to injurious outcomes, though.
Thanks man. Yes I usually stick to a 3-4 x full body workout split and been making great gains and enough recovery.

I do need to work on increasing my protein intake.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Also want to improve my strict pullup . I want to hit at least 25-30 end of year with perfect form. I'll add some weighted pull ups as well.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Just hit 100lbs dumbells on the incline press for 2 reps. Going to aim for 5 reps before attempting 110lbs. Most dumbells we have go up to 120lbs and thats legend status.

Felt incredible. Haven't done this since 2016. 2 more weeks left til my road back to 225lb bench s is over.

Pretty sure I can bench 225 now fairly easy but I want to stay on track with my program.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Going to quit bench pressing because it's been giving me tension headaches.

I've been making better gains with dumbells anyways. New goal is to press dumbell incline press 120lbs for both shoulders/incline.

As well as weighted pullups/dips.

I want to focus more on aesthetics/functional strength.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
That's fire bro how much you weigh?
I hit 180 before ramadan
170lbs. Im trying to get to 10% bf .

I quit benching now. I'm trying to hit 240lbs(120lb each) on dumbell incline press and seated shoulder press .

Congrats on hitting 180! Keep up the great work bro!

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Got back to benching.

Officially hit 225lbs for 1 rep clean(touch and go).

Going to focus on 250lbs next. Hope to get it by july-august.

OGx3

Maa ana waalan mise cadan baa laga heesayaa?
Struggle with acid reflux as well had to cut out favorites like eggs, tomatoes , coffee and eat a lot less to keep it manageable. Also eating anywhere near bed time is big no no. Surprised you can’t to squat which is best excericse by far. I have trouble sometimes regurgitating food while doing bench especially decline

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Struggle with acid reflux as well had to cut out favorites like eggs, tomatoes , coffee and eat a lot less to keep it manageable. Also eating anywhere near bed time is big no no. Surprised you can’t to squat which is best excericse by far. I have trouble sometimes regurgitating food while doing bench especially decline
damn im jealous you get to squat. One of the best , arguably the best exercise you can do to make real gains.

With that said, I prefer dumbells now. Bulgarian split squat is incredible for balance and build size/strength.

still aiming for a 120lb incline dumbell bench press on a cut LOL.

OGx3

Maa ana waalan mise cadan baa laga heesayaa?
damn im jealous you get to squat. One of the best , arguably the best exercise you can do to make real gains.

With that said, I prefer dumbells now. Bulgarian split squat is incredible for balance and build size/strength.

still aiming for a 120lb incline dumbell bench press on a cut LOL.
Keep at it bro 💪💪 225lb bench is amazing for your weight. Hope you get the acid reflux under control as well. Get tested for H pylori in small chance you haven’t

Trending