Job Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We need to have answers for the following areas;

1. Work with people and fit into team
2. Communicate wells written and verbal(your not a prick and your written words are easy to read)
3. Conflict resolution skills(diplomacy and concession skills)
4. Multi tasking(critical how you use your time)
5. Organization skills(prioritize your work and know how too)
6. Motivations/Energy(they dont want someone who is dead soul)
7. Brings in results(the most important part, you deliver for what your being paid for)

Those areas seem to be quite common questions regardless what job you go for and criss-crosses all industries and most of an interview are composed of that question. The only question that will differ from job to job is technical skills but the rest are quite standardized and needed skills.

I'll start of with one I am trying to answer. Multi-Tasking. When I am in the kitchen, I have the mirowave heating the food, I am cleaning the plate while that is happening, I have the oven on boiling water, I am cleaning the plates while all 4 things happening. It's more about how you handle your time to do multiple things in your jobs but it needs to make sense to the job obviously and shows a time value add.

Throw out some examples like that so we can bounce ideas of each other so we become successful at interviews. Obviously the human emotion part is critical but that is up to each person how they handle that(I have developed a technique unique to me which I think will work) but each of that will be up to the person on the day. I cant give you my technique here or else ppl will all do it and it's no longer a technique, but the other questions we can share answers on just not the fuckin personal stuff to each man to get across the line.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Don't answer about the human touch each applies in interviews, that's what is gonna separate all of us after the questions of the job are answered and it needs to remain unique to each person or else the interviewer will be prepared for it.

So don't worry about the human touch part, just the raw hard questions each one has to pass is what we can share on. I am stuck on motivation and energy and how that was value add for the team(provable that the work quality became better).

Those questions I stated are critical in the plantation, it's not useful in leadership or architecture or anything where the answer is unknown, the gloves come off then and the rules. But in the 'doing' type of work those questions need to be answered or else if it's negative in any area it can destroy the team in some way be it the work, the team morale, etc it will cause the slaves to revolt or collapse on itself.

Last edited:
We need to have answers for the following areas;

2. Communicate wells written and verbal(your not a prick and your written words are easy to read)
7. Brings in results(the most important part, you deliver for what your being paid for)

Those areas seem to be quite common questions regardless what job you go for and criss-crosses all industries and most of an interview are composed of that question. The only question that will differ from job to job is technical skills but the rest are quite standardized and needed skills.

I'll start of with one I am trying to answer. Multi-Tasking. When I am in the kitchen, I have the mirowave heating the food, I am cleaning the plate while that is happening, I have the oven on boiling water, I am cleaning the plates while all 4 things happening. It's more about how you handle your time to do multiple things in your jobs but it needs to make sense to the job obviously and shows a time value add.

Throw out some examples like that so we can bounce ideas of each other so we become successful at interviews. Obviously the human emotion part is critical but that is up to each person how they handle that(I have developed a technique unique to me which I think will work) but each of that will be up to the person on the day. I cant give you my technique here or else ppl will all do it and it's no longer a technique, but the other questions we can share answers on just not the fuckin personal stuff to each man to get across the line.

I don't think an interviewer wants to know about how well you can wash a plate..whilst the pasta is cooking on the stove..unless you are applying for a kitchen staff job lol..in that case I'm hiring..when can you start?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I don't think an interviewer wants to know about how well you can wash a plate..whilst the pasta is cooking on the stove..unless you are applying for a kitchen staff job lol..in that case I'm hiring..when can you start?

That is just an example that people can relate to. You can't tell me what specific about your work because I don't know how that will be valuable in your job sense since I don't know your job. So we need to use common day examples so people understand what the question is really about. Then it's a matter of reviewing your work and seeing how to do the same. In my field for example, I answered calls on the phone but was emailing. Or I was at a meeting while I had a report being processed through the system.

Taking common example and applying to your own work is easy. How do you understand questions? Well for me anyways I need to see real example of it that I can relate too and then I can look back at my work, each to his own though. Can you please tell us some answers you have for the question?

Anyways How we learn isn't the point, the question is common between us all. Tell us what you say and prove how it was valuable because their paying you money and they want value for it. You don't just hire a painter and pay him and expect nothing do you?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
For example, this is another one of the question. Organizational skills and prioritizing. With the kitchen example, how did I prioritize which one needed my time? oh shit the oven was boiling the water(could it wait) and why? was another task more urgent or was my time spent better elsewhere? oh the microwave finished the reheating, should i stop cleaning the plates for it? why and why not? you proving how u prioritize the work your doing is my guess anyways and proving you base it on VALUE and TIME.

@Daleelah how do you respond to these questions when you attend an interview? you really need to prepare when you go and practise becuz there is many people will be walking thru that door and your just another face(most interviewers probably see a no hoper, ppl start negative thinking you aint good or there is so many ppl lining up they statistically think your just a number that will fail. Think about you have 5 people coming to an interview in their minds they know 4 won't be getting the job(you will be seen as one of the 4) automatically by human nature instincts. It's up to you to prove them wrong and it comes down to those questions and the technical skills needed and then it's the human touch.

I know when I call a quote for a gardener and 5 line up and I see them, I automatically go into human sense this guy won't get my job, there is human emotion that changes me to be like gee I wanna give him job(human factor) is important as hell but he needs to know how to garden also u feel me? so u need to know the job but the human factor is HUGE at the end.

Doc..listen...each answer would vary depending on the role you are applying for..all you got to do is do your background research on the company for example..prepare ahead of time for the usual questions asked..and just basically sell yourself..dress appropriate for the position and be positive..

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Doc..listen...each answer would vary depending on the role you are applying for..all you got to do is do your background research on the company for example..prepare ahead of time for the usual questions asked..and just basically sell yourself..dress appropriate for the position and be positive..

Well their paying you so they want something back(value) and u will be measured against other candidates who can give something back(scaled) and whoever gives the most back(value) will get the job. Except if the person is a prick(human touch).

So the process looks like this, 70k here u go, candidate has to work out how his time will be worth it for them based on his past. All the behavioral questions will determine that part for them plus the technical question.

Its how u convert your time to value for their money is what's coming down too. Is there 70k worth spending on you or not is what it boils down too. Every question u answer has to include value add and why it was value add. Is it value add to watch the boiling water and gas running which costs money while u did something else? and how so? can u say gas dont cost much here in this nation, but if i was in somalia i would do something differently since it wouldnt valuable to watch the gas run.

It comes down to that sort of stuff justifying the value of what u did in all those behavioral questions and then its technical know how of the specific job(which u focus too much on) they all have technical know how the candidates, its not what separates them, its behavioral questions that does and after behavioral questions it the human touch.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I must admit though leadership type roles are vastly different to standard join the plantation type worker, that one is the direction or at the very least enforcing it so its done cheaply but not cheaply like i got a cheap gardener today but he fucked up my garden, but cheap where it delivers a good service and lasting service, it's value add that one. It's not how cheap they come, it's who can deliver the quality u seek at the cheapest price. So don't get mistaken when u hear it's about cheaper, it is but at a certain quality level that is lasting(coz it aint cheap fixing his shit up).

But leadership is vastly different and you can't into with the behavioral shit, gloves come off cause you gotta steer the place towards an end goal you set while not actually doing the work and preparing and visioning how the work is going get done and the hiccups that may come about.

It's vision work that stuff not doing work. But most mid managers I had weren't real managers, they were doing the work, they got there cause of mate politics, knows the manager, upward promotion process(without the required skills) etc, etc it sure as hell not leadership qualities what those fuckers were doing, we had no direction and it was a nitemare everyday at work, we were heading into more work and chaos daily and all they were doing was just adding ppl not adding a direction to lessen the work. If they added a direction to lessen the work, we could all contribute ideas towards that direction on how to achieve it, they didn't even the direction, it's like how somalia is civil war period, no direction.

No joke the work that was coming in my previous job with mid managers(not the cio) but the mid managers, it was like somalia civil war there is no other way to put but PURE CHAOS. and we know chaos as somalis cause its lack of direction or leader look at somalia, I saw the symptoms early on and hated going in everyday. If u ever see the civil war symptoms in your work or team, speak up if i were u cause it wont get easy and say where is the leadership to stop this. The people and culture were ok but the workload was just civil war stuff, piling up daily, shuffling thru, overtimes needed, calls blasting thru, it was a fuckin mess. Its not the team fault but the stupid idiots they call managers not doing their job.

I remember this one fuckwit manager a real arsehole type, he was boasting about how he had to go thru it and therefore u should too type. U know the i had to pain thru so toughen up and do it. They actually boast about the chaos, its like us boasting about civil war in somalia and saying to kids TOUGHEN UP I HAD TO GO THRU IT. I would sacked that asshole in a second if I was in charge. cause those sorts of ppl dont add value at all.

What you find with those managers is they looking too much UPWARDS and satisfying while neglecting below which what their judged on, total f*ck wits and becareful. If u see them wasting their time upwards too much and neglecting their team, those ppl will end up killing the team. U need to judge them on how their team is operating, wallahi If I was in charge i wouldve told them dont look at me go and fix your time thats why me and u are even fuckin talking and if their not operating your out that door.

Most those CEO are talking about the bread n butter stuff the business functions, technology needed, people needed, the most cheapest way without effecting quality, they dont have time for this mid manager fuckwit who cant even run a small section. It's kinda like house is all I can put in simple terms, the CEO is like the parents, and the kids are the mid managers and within the kids u got the elders who manage the youngers. The CEO is talking about the lifelines of the house, grocery, electricity, gas, the cleaning schedule, the lifelines to keep it operating not deal with the young kids when their older siblings are there.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am being honest with you lamagoodles, if you ever work around an area with the top executives, dont come and talk this behavioural questions and detail nonsense. Their talking about what is shared between everything in the place and applying solutions to that. Like wages that' shared, skills that is shared, morale that is shared, technology, hiring process, security, the costs to do the work, how to cheapen it, expand profits, their attacking and refining shit around there so it's felt in one area or the whole place(policies).

They aint talkin about the spreadsheet you do in your section. It's a vastly rude awakening that I got.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Doc..su'aal?..imisa jir ba tahay?

I am just saving you a rude awakening if you ever work around the top areas of a organization, I went with the worker mentality, and it's not worker mentality they are talking about, but right around the shared commonalities and rigoursly refining it. Thats just the policy part, we havent even talked about the project part when it goes into execution and again it's shared things they looking for in each project.

The good thing about me was when I was there for a short period of time on a contract role, I shut my mouth and learned, you need to know when to be quiet if your out of depth and some people dont know how to do that and thats when u see conflicts happening.

I remember after a presentation I did for my CIO, she told me please go and think about the work from different perspective and not the worker perspective and the excessive details. That's when I knew my thinking process was the problem. It was actually the first type of job I realized I was going to add a new skill set that I didn't have. It's not skill set to know how to use different spreadsheet programs that's the same spreadsheet skills, this was vastly different approach. Dude this was just a normal govt department, u can imagine what those big corporations are like sach morgans or watever, its steroids that one cause it's THEIR MONEY not TAXPAYERS. You see how violent ppl get when it's their money touched, dont expect much different in those private sector area, it's not a nice place.

At least the govt was nice place but it was still fuckin hard especially working around the C grade areas, but the principles are the same for them lessen money spent and deliver the service(well some dont and use the funds so they arent shortchanged in next funding round) but govt c grade areas are very similar to the ceo except probably the violent part looooool.

The goal of dept is stay within their funding pool or do it less but still get the job done, private guys are do it less but still gain more from the outside. It's similar principles and themes.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Imagine this, telling trump the cost of a building(his forte) is a billion dollars loooooooooool, he even stopped signing the order to allow it, it's pretty silly sxb doing that shit. If it was an academic maybe or even military person and it depends how much he likes u, but business person doesnt care how much he likes u or not, their whole game is about money. I mean think about it, he spent decades in real estate, u think he dont know the lifelines of real estate, materials, labor, taxes involved? he knows the real worth of a building and he is generous to include profit margin but not something ridiculous as billion dollars.

Bro bricks are cheap, it's where it's located that AINT. The location is always going to hold it's value but the bricks will die out eventually and cost you to maintain, noone goes into real estate cause a building looks nice, well I surely cant see myself doing that so you cant expect someone else too. The only time I can see myself investing in property is when a new city is being built and land goes cheap and the govt is stable and is real good in terms of managing the nation and not blowing out costs and then shutting it down. Or the other time is when the govt is expanding somewhere, I will buy land then as long as it's not just one party advocating it and is shared between the parties the policy. The key is always where ppl congregate and services are and if it's there and within a city that is HIGHLY DESIRED and not just some rural town with no jobs and yes desired means JOBS(so u need to know govt policy towards the place to bring businesses).

The other time(which is rare) when their is recession(buy then bro) they selling that shit cheap as ppl flood out of the place and their no jobs keeping them there lol and the shit drops in value(but it has to be major city) cause they will need to fix that regardless what party is in power as it brings in revenues. The other time would be when I sense someone is desperate and has key location because their wont be much difference if i buy at market value with inflation rising when i sell i probably lost more in it or if i didnt the gains would be relative to time(minimal)

It don't matter wat sector of govt is asking for funds from business person, they know what something is worth at the end of day as their specialty is money and getting value(something back from it) and it all depends HOW MUCH THEY GET BACK and the risks involved, liklihood of it happening, how it contributes to their direction, they see this shit as apples n oranges from high level.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Shit I just derailed my own topic, dammit. Let's stick back to this, I want this thread to grow on interviews so we help each other out, the more ideas, the better cause we all have to face interviews. I guess you tried the scripted shit on the web and none of it works and if it does the rate is very small or else why does it take 20 job attempts before u get 1 interview? the advice being provided on the web is not useful anymore, back to the drawing board which will be this thread hopefully if people want to do it?

But I'll close on the business crap and say I aint buying no fuckin house for 100k 30 years ago and then 30 years later its 700k but everything outside has now adjusted to 700k, you aint getting rich in the property game unless you real shrewd about it and know where REAL opportunities lie. So I will leave it at that but each to his own game I guess.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dr..su'aal kale...why do you ramble on so much aboowe?

I know I am rambling, I corrected myself(I have my moments) but what it boils down too is, I don't open threads if something working, interview techniques they tell us dont work for god sakes, it takes 20 interviews before u get a job, so screw that advice, we need the drawing board again. That's what about architecture is really about, when something ain't working anymore you go back to redesigning it. Once the design is done you go and try it out. If we can architect interview techniques and it works, bang we done.

The goal is set we want high strike rate 80% or more and if we find the technique, it's over. Don't be satisfied the way the web says it's done and cause everyone is doing it and therefore its ok, real leaders just look at the result of wats suggested and the results are terrible in interview techniques, so it has to be re-done. You cant operate anything in the world with designers behind it or else u will just do what the interview techniques say to do(no ideas people) they just do whats advised and continue the strike rate of 20 interviews and then 1 job. Designers will secure you a strike hate of 100% or at least 80%. So every job interview u go to if u have 5 interviews u will get 3-4 jobs.

I bet u there isnt a single designer in the somali govt at all, it's just people re-doing what other govts tell them to do regardless of the strike rate being assessed. Thats actually how designers are ranked or architects in their field, it's the strike rate analysis or value add compared to the previous solution at work and the margin between.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Daleelah you think the doctor play around, I don't play around when things don't work, I get demoralized knowing I am heading nowhere and it actually effects my health in the long-term, knowing what I am doing is just useless because my personality is result focused.

So what about this technique, when u call up the interview person to ask about the job, should u throw in a few personality identifying questions? if so what questions? should we use carl jung? how do we wrap up carl jung profiles into 1 or 2 questions that pinpoints the profile of the person and hence u adjust yourself accordingly to their psychological make up.

Carl jung profile is useful, I will get all my team to do it if I manage one, ppl are more suitable to what their personality is like and deliver far more quality work in the team, so all of em will do 20 minute profile question so we know our mentalities and how to accomodate it and direct it into the work were doing. If some guys like fast type work, u find the fast type shit in the work u do and have him handle it(smile n morale is up), some guys like easy stuff( u adjust and find the easy stuff).

I dont mess about when results are on the line, if something works though I'll adopt it, carl jung profile works i was suprised how accurate he got which was nearly 96%, it was like i was reading myself.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Come on guys let's get this thread going, I need to get this done soon. The following are common in all interviews and required skills in all jobs as those issues always arise.

Leadership roles add all that but with the following also

How well do u lead a team, direction setting, negotiate and diplomacy

If a candidate gave me that cooking answer, I'd laugh them out the door.

Your answers HAVE to be tailored to the role you've applied to. Draw examples from your educational or relevant professional background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending