I've Fallen in Love with a Tuareg musician

Thanks walaal but you're flattering me i'm not that knowledge in this department it's just that i grew up listening to classics from الزمن الجميل. I see you picked القيصر one of the heavy weight of our time but also a gentlemen. I'm surprised his singing one of my favourite muhammed abdilwahab songs i'm actually teary in the eyes listening to it.

I can't say much about current arab singers i toned out of the music scene for a while now that being said excuse me while i'm trying to one up you i can't help it. One that comes to mind is George wassouf and while i'm at it i'll throw a curve ball of andalusian muwashshah and one from the trio Rachid Taha, Cheb Khaled and Faudel in the mix.

Oh that is lovely, if befitting.
Let me rekindle memories of one of Abdulwahab's classics with the angelic voice of Najat.

@Garaad diinle and the fellow with the name I can't @. Y'all need to shut the f*ck up and stop seducing me.
Do join in, mate.

Garaad diinle

 
Hats of my friend you've really went back in time to ليالي السمر. The time of fairuz, al-shahroura and kulthum. Great pick.

Thanks i've been addicted to kaban/oud ever since i was little. I use to hear it in the maqaayada whenever i go for a quick snack of xalwa.

Wow your a man with many facets i had to search for guzheng and i must say i was pleasantly surprised that it looked like a qanun. I can't say that i'm gifted enough to play any of them.

Kkkk how generous of you walaal. I see you've got all the classics listed it sure brings back some good old fond memories. I'd say i'm on the amature side of the spectrum. I like to listen to farid al-adrash but i also do like abu bakar salim. Ahmed al-shaiba piqued my interest so i think i'll check out his work the man is talent. While we're still on the nostalgic train i'll sneak in some that came to mind. I've got wadiic el safi, tony hanna and nadim al-ghazali.

@Sorbet sorry for derailing your thread sxb.

Nah, it's good. I love kaban, too. I'll check out what you've posted.

Trending

Latest posts