I've a question for religious people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
When people say I love you for the sake of Allah swt, do they come off fake? Like they wouldn't love me other wise?

I've this super religious friend who always tells people she loves them for the sake of Allah swt. When I tried asking her, she didn't give me a straight forward answer.

I myself is a Sunni, Muslim person, I don't consider myself super religious but I follow what Allah swt ordered us in the religion.

I wanted to ask this question to a sheikh, but male Somali sheikhs cannot be trusted at times due to them being Somali women haters.

So my only option was either ask Ajnabi sheikh or come to Somalispot.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
i think it means no matter what even if we fall out i will love you because Allah(swa) loves those despite do bad to you you still have love them. This is just my theory.

I would say the same words to my enemies. I would have questioned it also, if a friend talked to me in that manner. You only say those words to people you find hard to like. But it can also be that the person only has good intentions.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
First of all, people aren't the same. There are ones who will tell and state why they love you, while others feel shy about it.

Secondly, you don't need to judge thay certain persons of something ill towards, as you don't know what's in his/her mind/heart. Therefore, you need to question them without jumping to conclusion

Thirdly, some may say that to you as they will find it weird to say other reasons besides that(love you for the sake of Allah) e.g if it's a man; for some they might come off as thirsty if they say the "other reasons why they love you" or just cause you married, they don't wanna cause rift/fitnah between your husband and you. They just say "love you for the sake of the Almighty High)

From experience; I'd seen most act fake with it. Well, to my observation I find that they act religious when they're not irl. They talk sweet to you in front of you/presence, but in your absence they are the opposite of what you thought.

Hope you got something @Reiko:samwelcome:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Speaking of myself, I only trust elderly people or macalins or elderly relatives who say (I love you for the sake of Allah)

I don't trust teens of my age:lolbron:

Like a girl coming to me and she says "I love you for the sake of Allah" it's ok, but I don't somewhat feel comfortable with her saying that. I kinda thank her, but still... I need to question her with more Why's and How?:kodaksmiley:

Unless she is sheekhad* and I know her history of sheekhnimo, only then can I trust her.

Maybe she wanted to come off with flirting tone, but changed it due to her being shy. Who knows, missed opportunity:gunsmiley::manny:

Last edited:
They mean like when they are with you, you remind them of Allah (swt) or help bring them closer to the deen.

I once did know someone I genuinely loved for the sake of Allah because she was so kind. You know how some religious people can come across as judgemental, she helped people get closer to islam without making them feel that way. I used to have difficulties praying all my prayers until I hung out with her.

When people say I love you for the sake of Allah swt, do they come off fake? Like they wouldn't love me other wise?

I've this super religious friend who always tells people she loves them for the sake of Allah swt. When I tried asking her, she didn't give me a straight forward answer.

I myself is a Sunni, Muslim person, I don't consider myself super religious but I follow what Allah swt ordered us in the religion.

I wanted to ask this question to a sheikh, but male Somali sheikhs cannot be trusted at times due to them being Somali women haters.

So my only option was either ask Ajnabi sheikh or come to Somalispot.
Yeah everytime I heard that it rubs me the wrong way tbh it sounds fake asf

@Reiko to me you’re one of the most god fearing people on sspot, and I love you for the sake of Allah. :fittytousand:

to answer your question, when you love someone for the sake of Allah it means you see good attributes in them that are praiseworthy according to Allah and his Rasul so you love because of that, like wise hate for the sake of Allah is you dislike abominable actions and those who do it openly with no shame.

Last edited:
“Some people shall be raised from their graves on the Day of Judgement in a state that their faces will be glowing with radiant light. They shall be seated on pulpits made of pearls. Other people shall envy their elevated state. These dignified people, however, will neither include Prophets nor Shuhada (martyrs).” The Companions submitted: “O Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam)! Who are these people? Tell us their distinguishing qualities.” Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) observed: “These are the people who love each other for the sake of Allah only.” [Tabrani]

It could be ‘unconditional love’, it could be, ‘I would’ve murdered you but leave you alone because I fear Allah’, it could be, ‘I’m giving you a second chance as a friend because of Allah’, it could also be alluding you to grant them support for whatever is their intention by evoking the love of Allah. It’s a loaded statement that requires contextual meaning.

By Sheikh Aussie

It could be ‘unconditional love’, it could be, ‘I would’ve murdered you but leave you alone because I fear Allah’, it could be, ‘I’m giving you a second chance as a friend because of Allah’, it could also be alluding you to grant them support for whatever is their intention by evoking the love of Allah. It’s a loaded statement that requires contextual meaning.

By Sheikh Aussie

Sheikh Aussie has a nice ring to it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.