It's official! Canada has its first Somali MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Congrats to him, since he won as expected. :win: Although I am not from his riding it's good to see a Somali make it.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Reer America and Europe need to catch up to us. We are represented everywhere from the prison system to the parliament. :cryinglaughsmiley:

Duchess

VIP
IMG_20151020_162350.jpg

Duchess

VIP
He divides his own community, kulaha. Somalis are so transparent. I don't really care though, he won, that's all that matters.

That's how I knew Somalis were behind it. We would have had a Toronto city councillor 15 years ago, but they sabotaged the Somali candidate by claiming he was a pedophile. :pacspit:

Sultana

On Hiatus
That's how I knew Somalis were behind it. We would have had a Toronto city councillor 15 years ago, but they sabotaged the Somali candidate by claiming he was a pedophile. :pacspit:

Are you talking about Mohamed Dahir? He would've lost anyway, wasn't he running against Rob Ford?

Duchess

VIP
Wtf?????

Did they get that out nowhere?

Yeah, it was a lie. The candidate is the host of Muuqaalka Soomaalida (Mohamed Dahir Hasan). When that lie failed, they had another Somali run against him and they split the votes in the area, forcing him to lose.

Duchess

VIP
Are you talking about Mohamed Dahir? He would've lost anyway, wasn't he running against Rob Ford?

He had a lot of support in the area and if the votes weren't split, he would have stood a decent chance. They sabotaged him both times he ran. Now they tried to sabotage the strongest candidate we've ever had. :uCkf6mf:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
He had a lot of support in the area and if the votes weren't split, he would have stood a decent chance. They sabotaged him both times he ran. Now they tried to sabotage the strongest candidate we've ever had. :uCkf6mf:

I don't get why they do this? Haven't they learned after all these years that they should leave their excess baggage back home. :snoop:

Duchess

VIP
I don't get why they do this? Haven't they learned after all these years that they should leave their excess baggage back home. :snoop:

I don't know walaahi but there were more Somalis in the area 15 years ago then there are now. Most have moved to the burbs or have gone out west. Most Somalis don't usually vote but, if they did, the Dixon area would have had political representation long ago. It's crazy to think that the first Somali in any Canadian government, local or otherwise, is from another area. Their best chance was in the early 2000s with Mohamed Dahir but they started a smear campaign and split the votes using other Somali candidates. They did the same thing with Abdi Warsame in Minneapolis. :francis:

Q

Queen Carawelo

they started a smear campaign and split the votes using other Somali candidates. They did the same thing with Abdi Warsame in Minneapolis. :francis:

We all know who's behind that campaign. The Wells Fargo bank teller's wife.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending