Italian woman marries herself - The rise of Solo Marriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
What a tremendous waste of money. Unless, it's so trivial an amount for her 'party' away in wedding bills minus an actual wedding only to have ppl celebrate her, in which case she's got more than her average share of narcissism. If it was an act of material self-love, she would've spent it in things she loved like a normal person.

Gay marriage is not legal in Italy yet. Italians r catholics. This is one way of getting around gay marriage. is a lesbian.

Italy woman marries herself in 'fairytale without prince'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41413297

_98038667_mediaitem98038554.jpg

_98038547_mediaitem98038546.jpg

An Italian woman has married herself in a ceremony complete with white dress, three-layer wedding cake, bridesmaids and 70 guests.

"I firmly believe that each of us must first of all love ourselves," said Laura Mesi, a 40-year-old fitness trainer. "You can have a fairytale even without the prince."

The ceremony carries no legal weight.

But Ms Mesi is part of a growing trend for self-marriage - dubbed "sologamy" - in countries around the world.

Proponents of such ceremonies say it is about self-love and acceptance, and claiming the social affirmation normally reserved for couples who wed.

Laura says the idea of a solo wedding came to her two years ago, after a 12-year relationship ended.

"I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday I would marry myself," she told La Repubblica newspaper.

n the US, a website called I Married Me offers self-wedding kits. In Canada, an agency called Marry Yourself Vancouver which has been running for more than a year attributes the rise in solo weddings to the growing numbers of single people.
U forgot to tag the usual candidates who'll have to resort to this due to their extreme feminist views.

@VixR @TooMacaan

:samwelcome:

VixR

Veritas
U forgot to tag the usual candidates who'll have to resort to this due to their extreme feminist views.

@VixR @TooMacaan

:samwelcome:
I would've thought marrying oneself involved one's fingers and sexual anatomy, in popular terms "being married to one's hand", not a legit ritual gathering of people solely to commemorate one's existence, which she's executed. This is a major puff to the ego. Her self-esteem is through the roof, as such people with that level of eccentricity usually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts