It’s sad how Somalia was blessed with being one of the most homogeneous countries....

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Maybe 3.5 Mil Bro In That Pic Isaaq Is Sambus State
Harti Outnumbers You
:chrisfreshhah::damedamn::mjohreally:
We are not a sambus state we are more like a xalwa state:mjlaugh: :sass1:
unnamed (3).png

Similar to us Oromo's, the Somali's were never all under the rule, of one man or centralized government. Somali's had various sultanates, kingdoms, etc, but all of the Somali inhabited territories were never all united under the rule of one government or man. We Oromo's had various kingdoms/Gada-governments, etc, but we never all were under one central government-we had regional governments who were independent, clans/etc.

If Somali lands, from SL to Somalia to Djibouti and Somali state within Ethiopia and the Kenyan Somali lands, were united? Subhan'Allaah, you guys would have a huge country full of oil, arable land, fish, etc.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
I still can’t get over different ethnic groups.

The saddest thing about it all? It's mostly diaspora kids peddling this nonsense. Imagine being their parents - you take them to a more stable part of the world, ensure they have a good education, and watch them repeat the same ideology that beggared your homeland.

:farmajoyaab:

WTF.

Are you that much of a qabiilist that you’re denying basic fact???

I know of no MX marrying Cumar Maxmuud but I have relatives that have married Sacad.

We may barely marry Sacad but it’s more likely than MX.

We share a magaalo with them.

:snoop:

He seems to be full of Cuqdad. The useless kind among somalis whose life revolves around Starbucks.

Waa badaw af ingiriisi bartay sida loo qoro.

Sol

?
Divide and conquer et inifitum till the point where there are doquns in here who even think their qabiil and designated dusty region makes them a different ethnicity :mjlol:

Those Somali groups are just clans and every tribe has them; they are certainly not "standalone ethnic groups". The Dinka have 25 clans and we all understand each other despite regional variations. I can't communicate with a Nuer or Shilluk without a translator.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Somali language intelligible across the board?

Somalia is homogeneous.

You actually have a point about the Slavic languages and how similar they actually are:

Unrelated but can you teach me some of your language?

And also how much Somali do you know? Being on Somalispot you must have picked up some
:pachah1:

Also yes, the Somali language is pretty much mutually intelligible across the board, besides Af-Maay.

2 peeople from Mogadishu and Hargeisa will have no problem communicating

Unrelated but can you teach me some of your language?

And also how much Somali do you know? Being on Somalispot you must have picked up some
:pachah1:

Also yes, the Somali language is pretty much mutually intelligible across the board, besides Af-Maay.

2 peeople from Mogadishu and Hargeisa will have no problem communicating

:rejoice: I can teach you some of our words, except for swear words. :ufdup:

I have learned some Somali words and I occasionally introduce them into conversation but I limit it now because I don't want to be a try hard.

Af-Maay seems like a cousin language of Somali in the same way that Atuot is a cousin language of Dinka and Nuer. I can probably learn Nuer, Shilluk-Anyuak in less than a year because they're so close.

Last edited:
:rejoice: I can teach you some of our words, except for swear words. :ufdup:

I have learned some Somali words and I occasionally introduce them into conversation but I limit it now because I don't want to be a try hard.

Af-Maay seems like a cousin language of Somali in the same way that Atuot is a cousin language of Dinka and Nuer. I can probably learn Nuer, Shilluk-Anyuak in less than a year because they're so close.
I think Somali's can Learn Maay language in one week. But what I have noticed is Oromo's and Maay speakers can learn Somali very quick, I think that's because af Maxaa tiri is more preserved Somali language, where as Maay and Oromo's have inter married with other cultures, but I wouldn't say its another language.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The saddest thing about it all? It's mostly diaspora kids peddling this nonsense. Imagine being their parents - you take them to a more stable part of the world, ensure they have a good education, and watch them repeat the same ideology that beggared your homeland.

:farmajoyaab:

Could be nature/nurture thing where in this case qabilist/tribalist parent = child who is same way.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
This is a myth. Somalia is very ethnically diverse. Hawiye, Darod, Dir, Isaaq and D&M are, for all intents and purposes, standalone ethnic groups.

Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats are ethnic groups although they are probably genetically identical and speak the same language. The centuries long conflicts between the Somali speaking peoples have created identities that are often more powerful than the average ethnic identity.
That explains why we never had a single nation before colonialism.

reer

VIP
That explains why we never had a single nation before colonialism.
we have a single nation? approx 7 million out 20-25 million live under kikuyu christian and xabashis christians. we have yet to achieve one single nation. nearly 50% of somali territory is part of christian nations.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
we have a single nation? approx 7 million out 20-25 million live under kikuyu christian and xabashis christians. we have yet to achieve one single nation. nearly 50% of somali territory is part of christian nations.

There’s at least 7 to 12 million alone in Ethiopia.

Fun fact: There are more Somalis than Tigrays in Ethiopia

I would say there are more Somalis in Ethiopia and Kenya combined than Somalia itself.

Trending

Latest posts