Israel's Iron Dome is an impressive feat of human engineering

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
Regardless of what's happening recently, look at how powerful it is against rockets:

People are barely going to shelters, that's how much they trust the Iron Dome.

Can we take a playbook out of Israel's Defense Industry?

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
It seems people are calling for the Palestinians to get themselves massacred for nothing.
Was the Israeli response irrational? I believe so. Intelligence is important, especially when you're at the center of attention globally. Israel should closely monitor Hamas movements and attack them on verifiable intel, not guessing

zaffron

gumeysi diid
It's less about the relative "success" of the rockets, each iron dome interceptor missile is $50k USD whereas Hamas's rockets are a few hundred $ max. This is a war of attrition designed to slowly bleed Israel out, similar to strategies adopted by insurgents in Iraq/Afghanistan where they continuously targeted million dollar American MRAPs with $10 IEDs and ended up costing the US 6.4 trillion in total.

It's less about the relative "success" of the rockets, each iron dome interceptor missile is $50k USD whereas Hamas's rockets are a few hundred $ max. This is a war of attrition designed to slowly bleed Israel out, similar to strategies adopted by insurgents in Iraq/Afghanistan where they continuously targeted million dollar American MRAPs with $10 IEDs and ended up costing the US 6.4 trillion in total.

so the Palestinians are supposed to get themselves massacred to cost Israel money?

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
Yep that is very true, but I am not talking about the tactics of either side but the engineering it entails. The Iron Dome maintains a 90% success rate while the Patriot defense system had a 70-80% success rate, but was brought down to 40-50%.

I know it's rockets/artilleries vs missiles, but ya know air defense is air defense.

Mozart

You need people like me
Israel will never be defeated. They invest so much into tech and AI that they’re so far ahead of everyone. Look at how many revolutionary tech start ups come from Israel.

zaffron

gumeysi diid
Yep that is very true, but I am not talking about the tactics of either side but the engineering it entails. The Iron Dome maintains a 90% success rate while the Patriot defense system had a 70-80% success rate, but was brought down to 40-50%.

I know it's rockets/artilleries vs missiles, but ya know air defense is air defense.
Yeah I understand, was just trying to say that whether the rockets get intercepted or not, Hamas still wins. The patriot missile system was humilated by the Iranian missiles & drones launched by those sandniggers in yemen, it's even gotten to the point where the US had to buy an iron dome to dissect it for use on the oil sites in saudi.

Reverse

booliska federal 🚓
Israel will never be defeated. They invest so much into tech and AI that they’re so far ahead of everyone. Look at how many revolutionary tech start ups come from Israel.
We really need to set up relations with Israel and get a piece of that pie. Turkey in recent times actually taken few steps back because of how much they actually need each other (in terms of military tech).

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
There is nothing to brag about intercepting DIY firecrackers. All the million dollars wasted on $2 PVC pipes.

Last edited:
Mean while somalis cant feed their own people and run a damn country. There is one problem with iron dome, it can fail one day. They will find a way eventually to by pass iron dome. If you were hamas, knowing that you rocket will be defeated 90% chance would you launched it? Those damn jews it took alot of politcal, money power to get status they are today. Probably they are going to surpass US in terms of weapon technology.

Trending