Israel/Turkey gas pipeline to EU

Turkey wants Israeli natural gas to flow through Turkey's existing pipeline network en route to EU states. This idea from 2012 is becoming popular again. EU nations want to become less dependent on Putin

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Turkey and Israel are long time allies Biden helped them come closer and make their interests aligned

An Israeli plan to build a pipeline from its Leviathan gas field to Cyprus and then to Greece has effectively collapsed, as the US withdrew support for the so-called East-Med Pipeline Project last year. Some sources based in Washington told MEE that Israel might have encouraged the Biden administration to do so because it didn’t want to risk a rupture with Cyprus and Greece.

Israelis actually preferred the route through Anatolia

Oded Eran, a senior research fellow at the Institute for National Security Studies in Israel and a former Israeli ambassador to Jordan and EU, said the Turkish route for Israeli gas has long been seen as the best feasible solution.

President Isaac Herzog met with Turkish President Recept Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara March 9, 2022. (photo credit: CHAIM TZACH/GPO)

Now that they wont have to worry about the pipeline bypassing Turkey the only thing that can affect this deal is Netanyaahu defeating the fragile coalition between Palestinians and Jewish nationalist parties

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Netanyahu is out, they have a new prime minister. He's arguably worse than Netanyahu with the Palestinian issue.
I used to have too many Yahud friends. I'd even call Netanyahu "Bibi" until I made the mistake of calling him that around some Falastiin akhis who were rightly like "Why the f*ck are you calling him that?" I hadn't the heart to explain how many Jewish dollars I had on me. I cut all ties with the Juice after that and am an ardent supporter of Palestine as I have always been, I was just being greedy before. Nimankan Yahuud will make you dough, wallahi.

Cry Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Netanyahu is out, they have a new prime minister. He's arguably worse than Netanyahu with the Palestinian issue.

It depends on how your perspective

There are many variables to the situation but I just wanted to deal with the Israel/Turkey pipeline and maybe the Istanbul canal could be tied in as it could potentially lift the limits on NATO ships in the Black Sea Mosco/Putin are in geopolitical decline and the Ukraine War creates the impetus for the West to mend ties with Turkey so they can send NATO /ships to patrol Ukraine/Rumania/Bulgaria waters

There are many variables to the situation but I just wanted to deal with the Israel/Turkey pipeline and maybe the Istanbul canal could be tied in as it could potentially lift the limits on NATO ships in the Black Sea Mosco/Putin are in geopolitical decline and the Ukraine War creates the impetus for the West to mend ties with Turkey so they can send NATO /ships to patrol Ukraine/Rumania/Bulgaria waters
Do you seriously believe the Israelis' policy is to absorb a population that will threaten the nature of their intended state? Remember, Israel is an ethnocracy. If suddenly millions of Palestinians became Israeli nationals, that would seriously tilt the scale from a voting standpoint. From that perspective, the only way for this to work, and for that state to keep its Jewish supremacist character, logically is to devalue the citizen status of the Palestinians.

One of the first things Biden did when he took power was to declare the intention of overthrowing the president of Turkey. To suddenly work with them to undermine Russia is too risky (they become a geopolitical tool for the USA, taking risks and gaining little but trouble), and America is not a long-term friend to rely on.

Last edited:
One of the first things Biden did when he took power was to declare the intention of overthrowing the president of Turkey. To suddenly work with them to undermine Russia is too risky (they become a geopolitical tool for the USA, taking risks and gaining little but trouble), and America is not a long-term friend to rely on.

Turekey has American nuclear weapons and they are NATO treaty allies a Russian attack on Turkey is an attack on all NATO members according to the treaty no matter how much Biden hates Erdoghan he is not allowing NATO to get violated like that

Turekey has American nuclear weapons and they are NATO treaty allies a Russian attack on Turkey is an attack on all NATO members according to the treaty no matter how much Biden hates Erdoghan he is not allowing NATO to get violated like that
Well, sxb, what you think Bennet seems to do is an inaccurate reading (the guy is more right-wing than Netanyahu). Sure, his objectives are to annex the whole thing, but the justifications, measures, and solutions to the additional problems created will not let themselves destroy their current fortunate state. To absorb the almost 3 million Palestinians giving them citizenship status and add that to the almost 2 million within Israel and risk decoupling the Israeli project? Whatever pretext they give for what essentially is genocide, is going to be rosier than what the intentions are, and it will not be to devalue or suddenly feel the need to compromise their position of power. Let's not be naïve or dishonest. Anyway, you're right, this is another matter.

With the Turkey issue, I am just conveying what took place. Turkey got a weird relationship with Russia, but I highly doubt any of them wants to become enemies. Especially not for a relationship the US will never learn to appreciate long-term. Also, I never stated that the US wanted to go to war, more like creating domestic dysfunctions by incitement of political instability. This was in the past though, the policies around it might have changed given the things unfolding.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

First, Bibi did't want the 2-state solution, especially with expanding the settlements in WB. Bennet is like Bibi but more open, he is stated that there will not be a Palestian state while he is in office. Beside that, no one of them wants to give Palestinians the right to citizenship or the right to return to their lands, that would be a huge blow to their demoghraphic

Israel does not have enough gas

Million Cubic Ft
(MMcf)
Global Rank
7,027,00045th in the world
333,02049th in the world
305,82850th in the world
Yearly Surplus​
+ 27,193
Gas Imports​
Gas Exports​
Why is somalis so low on this chart?
I thought we had gas and oil reserves

Proven reserves are 1 thing and potential is another thing no body really knows the full oil/gas potential of Soomaliland/Somaalia

The volume of Israeli gas is not as big as the geopolitical implications of Israel/Turkey/EU/USA becoming closer allies and maybe even western backing for the Istanbul canal thus allowing NATO ships to circumvent current restrictions on non Black Sea warships passing through the Straits of Turkey