Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
Ironically my super duper religious mum keeps asking me if I met a 'decent' guy to marry. She keeps telling me that I am 19 and that when she was my age she used to shukaansi all guys in the town. I told her that shukaansi was haram. She told me that it is not haram if you don't elope together and is only on the basis of getting to know each other What do you guys think, is shukaansi haram?

Teflon

Inactive
VIP
Ironically my super duper religious mum keeps asking me if I met a 'decent' guy to marry. She keeps telling me that I am 19 and that when she was my age she used to shukaansi all guys in the town. I told her that shukaansi was haram. She told me that it is not haram if you don't elope together and is only on the basis of getting to know each other What do you guys think, is shukaansi haram?

your 19:farmajoyaab:
why does your mum want u to marry someone:kodaksmiley:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
No it isn't why would it be ? You are allowed to talk to eachother , you talk to other people regularly why treat this any different. Don't make the deen harder than it already is , just avoid the haram and you are good.

Now onto more important things your 19?

:ileycry:

Last edited:
That's what my mum says. She comes into my bedroom and exclaims girls my age are married and have 4 children. I say I'm still young. She says go do dome flirting but no ajanabis. I say there ain't any decent somali around here. I say I would like to have an arranged marriage but my mum was shocked and said I don't make sense.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Can you explain what an arranged marriage is? Like does it mean I don't meet my husband face to face until the wedding?
In Arranged marriages your family find someone and they bring them to the home. You can then converse with the presense of a Mahram and that doesnt mean someone sitting there with you but family present.

You can then accept or reject

Daacad90

Aspiring Buraanbur Artist.
No it isn't why would be ? You are allowed to talk to eachother , you talk to other people regularly why treat this any different. Don't make the deen harder than it already is , just avoid the haram and you are good.

Now onto more important things your 19?

:ileycry:
Yes 19 how old are you xbbti?

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Can you explain what an arranged marriage is? Like does it mean I don't meet my husband face to face until the wedding?
For us Somalis, this is how it goes...
Your parents talk to other people in the community/ in their network.
They find some decent hard working dude (hopefully)
Introduce the two
Talk on the phone
If you like the guy y’all maybe meet up with chaperone (Starbucks or dinner/lunch with chaperone, or meeting family )
If both are into it boom aroos, if you don’t then the guy won’t pass the phone talk phases

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid

"Arranged marriage: Both participants give their full consent and enter the marriage willingly.

Forced marriage: One or both participants enter the marriage without giving their consent. They go through with the wedding under duress from their families."

Most Somali arranged marriages are just the parents introducting a suitable person and then you marrying them. However, you still date and talk to eachother to see if it will work. What the West considers dating is different to what we do in Islam . Some of you here mix forced marriages with arranged marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts