Islamist group al Shabaab kills 15 soldiers: Somali military

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
By Abdi Sheikh and Feisal Omar

MOGADISHU (Reuters) - Al Shabaab insurgents killed 15 Somali soldiers and retook a town northeast of the capital Mogadishu on Sunday, just one day after it had fallen to government forces, the military said.

The Islamist group, which wants to topple Somalia's Western-backed government, said it had killed 32 soldiers in the assault. It was not possible to verify independently the death toll. Al Shabaab has inflated casualty figures in the past.

Captain Nur Ali said the attack had taken place early on Sunday morning in the town of Runirgood, about 180 km to the north east of Mogadishu.

"Al Shabaab used a suicide car bomb to penetrate a military base. It exploded and then fierce fighting followed. At least 15 soldiers died," Major Abdullahi Omar, a second army officer, told Reuters from the region by phone.

"The soldiers (at the base) were few and there were no AMISOM or other military nearby for reinforcement. We killed more than 10 militants in fighting on Saturday and Sunday," Omar added. AMISOM is the African Union peacekeeping mission.

Residents of Runirgood said they had seen dead bodies of both al Shabaab and government soldiers in the town.

Abdiasis Abu Musab, al Shabaab's spokesman for military operations, said its fighters had killed 32 soldiers and captured three vehicles.

"It was a fierce battle and thank Allah, we recaptured the town," he told Reuters.

Somalia's government is battling to rebuild the Horn of Africa nation after more than two decades of conflict. Al Shabaab ruled large parts of Somalia until 2011, when it was driven out of Mogadishu by African Union and Somali troops.

It still controls some rural areas, however, and carries out frequent attacks in the capital and other areas.

Last week it attacked a Somali government military base and killed five soldiers near the northwestern town of Baidoa.

Great news.

fake news,alshabab died like rats in border area with galgaduud they were cleaned by somali forces which were acting alone,then they attacked coward and 4 soldiers died,the city is now in the hands of somali forces,the place is 300 km away almost from xamar.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Corrupt hawiye militia soldiers being slaughtered is always great news. I don't agree with al Shabaab's views but I enjoy when they massacre troops of the apostate govt.

How old are you? I can't believe you're celebrating the death of Somalis because of qabil. You're a horrible person.

HalyeeyQaran

How is it fake news when the officer from the apostate govt's army admitted 15 of his men were killed? It was reported by Reuters, which is an extremely reputable source.

HalyeeyQaran

How old are you? I can't believe you're celebrating the death of Somalis because of qabil. You're a horrible person.
These Somali "soldiers" rape innocent Somali women in IDP camps. They deserve everything that's happening to them. I never celebrate AMISOM soldiers deaths, only when soldiers of the apostate govt are slaughtered like livestock.

"Taliyaha ciidamada 12ka Aprile General Maxamuud Maxamed Saney ayaa sheegay in siddeed askari ay ugaga dhinteen dagaalka ayna ka dileen 12 maleeshiyaadka ururka Alshabaab."

they killed 12-15 militia from alshabab and are in full control sxb,hawiye will continue to rule for the forseable future enriching themselves.alshabab apostates are not wanted lol.

the OP is just against hawiye people and it is ok because we hawiye will continue to slaughter more alshababs and its allied clans like xxand we will never leave the seat of the president enriching our selves with all the aid we get,we are american strongest partner in fighting against terrorism and tribal terrorists.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
These Somali "soldiers" rape innocent Somali women in IDP camps. They deserve everything that's happening to them. I never celebrate AMISOM soldiers deaths, only when soldiers of the apostate govt are slaughtered like livestock.

How can you be so sure they rape? Seems more like you're happy people from a qabil you dislike are being killed, people who in reality no matter qabil share the same blood line as you and every other Somali. Rape is a horrible crime and if it's true that they rape then they should be jailed, you shouldn't celebrate al shabab getting closer to the larger cities.

HalyeeyQaran

"Taliyaha ciidamada 12ka Aprile General Maxamuud Maxamed Saney ayaa sheegay in siddeed askari ay ugaga dhinteen dagaalka ayna ka dileen 12 maleeshiyaadka ururka Alshabaab."

they killed 12-15 militia from alshabab and are in full control sxb,hawiye will continue to rule for the forseable future enriching themselves.alshabab apostates are not wanted lol.
False information.

At least 15 soldiers of the apostate govt were neutralized.

Everyday, at least a dozen hawiye are killed in Mogadishu, let alone Somalia. The mujahideen are crippling hawiye and slowly but surely they will crumble.

sxb,hawiye have been in here for thousand a year,and we will be here for another 1000millinea,your people are dying of starvation go and feed them.2030 every hawiye is millionare.

HalyeeyQaran

How can you be so sure they rape? Seems more like you're happy people from a qabil you dislike are being killed, people who in reality no matter qabil share the same blood line as you and every other Somali. Rape is a horrible crime and if it's true that they rape then they should be jailed, you shouldn't celebrate al shabab getting closer to the larger cities.

Sexual violence
It is clear that internally displaced women and girls are particularly vulnerable to rape by armed men, including Somali government soldiers and militia members. Government forces and allied militia have also taken advantage of insecurity in newly recovered towns to rape local women and girls.

- Human Rights Watch, 2015 Somalia report

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Sexual violence
It is clear that internally displaced women and girls are particularly vulnerable to rape by armed men, including Somali government soldiers and militia members. Government forces and allied militia have also taken advantage of insecurity in newly recovered towns to rape local women and girls.

- Human Rights Watch, 2015 Somalia report

I'm well aware of the rape going on in Somalia I just don't understand why you choose to bring qabil in to this. It does not seem like you are concerned about the rape but more happy about men from a specific Qabil being killed.

HalyeeyQaran

I'm well aware of the rape going on in Somalia I just don't understand why you choose to bring qabil in to this. It does not seem like you are concerned about the rape but more happy about men from a specific Qabil being killed.
I'm wholeheartedly against the corrupt govt in Somalia.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I'm wholeheartedly against the corrupt govt in Somalia.

Everyone's against the corrupt government of Somalia. And if you're against corruption naturally you should be against qabil since that sustains and is the driving force behind corruption in Somalia. But maybe you're to backwards to understand that. Rinse your mind of off qabil.

Hubble

VIP
sxb,hawiye have been in here for thousand a year,and we will be here for another 1000millinea,your people are dying of starvation go and feed them.2030 every hawiye is millionare.

Those frauds stealing from aid money make me sick. Why on earth would you celebrate that? Get a grip waryaa they're stealing from poor people and hoarding it for themselves.

HalyeeyQaran

Everyone's against the corrupt government of Somalia. And if you're against corruption naturally you should be against qabil since that sustains and is the driving force behind corruption in Somalia. But maybe you're to backwards to understand that. Rinse your mind of off qabil.
There's a huge difference between qabiil and qabyaalad.

With that being said, I'm a staunch opponent of the corrupt hawiye-led govt in Somalia. hawiye are not fit to lead.

waraabe

Your superior
@Paidmonk hawiye, the true rulers of somalia. :nvjpqts: continue the good work

We the rulers of Somaliland support and wish you well.

The 3 rulers of Somali (ciise, isaaq and hawiye) need to sit down and talk about how to bring our people closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending