Is Wine Halal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
@Game made an interesting post

Wine has health benefits and if u drink in moderation, its not Haram.

Is this true? Is the consumption of alcohol haram or is getting drunk? Health experts recommend drinking one glass of wine with dinner ( not enough to get you drunk), so what's the verdict?

:obamatell:

Duchess

VIP
One mod is a salafi atheist and the other is a atheist Sufi

:chrisfreshhah:

Astaghfirullah. I'm a spiritual non-denominational Muslim.

If your doctor recommends you drink a glass of red wine before bed, why would it be haram? You're doing it for the betterment of your health.

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
A doctor wouldn't recommend that though. But there is a well-known correlation of life longevity to the regular consumption of red wine.

Hubble

VIP
The Quran says avoid intoxicants not avoid getting intoxicated. As for health benefits Quran says there's good in it but the bad far exceeds the good so avoid it.

There is no Islamic consensus whether Wine is haram or not.

People should consult with their local Imam or Sheikh for further advice.

Duchess

VIP
A doctor wouldn't recommend that though. But there is a well-known correlation of life longevity to the regular consumption of red wine.

Actually, it happens.

I was lucky that my hospital management and medical colleagues in Swindon supported my prescribing red wine to my cardiac patients. Since 2003, I have written the prescription in the drug prescription chart during my rounds. Only patients with coronary clots are offered this medicine. Obvious contraindications such as history of drug or alcohol addiction, stomach or liver disease are observed and patients with a hint of psychological or psychiatric problems are excluded.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/10931370/A-glass-of-red-wine-please-Doctor.html

Would it be halal if your drinking it for health reasons?

Duchess

VIP
Is that why some Somalis tend to live longer than 100 years. Wine? lol.

What kind of bull...Most Somalis don't even know how old they are. :drakewtf:

@Game have you ever had wine? Did you feel healthier after drinking it? Help a sista out.

Didn't the Prophet choose water when he was offered the choices of water, milk and wine by Gabriel when he went to heaven and Gabriel said "even in Heaven, you forbid what was unlawful in the dunya when it is lawful here"?.

There was even a drink the Arabs had back in those days where they mixed with grapes and honey and milk and the believers/companions made sure the grapes were not fermented.

The "alcohol" the Arabs were told to avoid was not Russian vodka; it was wine.

Duchess

VIP
You can take aspirin and it will do the same thing.

Aspirin is harmful. Is cannabis halal since it's less harmful than aspirin?:cosbyhmm:

@AbdiJohnson on the wine of heaven is nothing like the wine on Earth. It will be made of extraterrestrial fruits and probably taste like some exotic juice. You can't compare the two.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
The health benefits for wine are the same if you were to consume blueberries, green tea or you know grape juice.

If you want to consume alcohol this up to you but it's not compatible with an Islamic lifestyle. Weliba I've never met any somali who consumed alcohol moderately (or frankly any other recreational drug). So encouraging alcohol would lead to the further decay of our society, alcohol is a scourge.

Wine is haram.

As far as serious health reasons, well it would be the same as any other therapeutic drug. Doctors prescribe all sorts of drugs (opiates, THC etc) , that doesn't really render it halal. Anything is ok fr lifesaving purposes.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Walks into this thread like
h9vf9hN.gif

Reads thread

SS2eS.jpg

Hubble

VIP
Aspirin is harmful. Is cannabis halal since it's less harmful than aspirin?:cosbyhmm:

All drugs are harmful under the right circumstances, it's not good to take it as a regular pain killer but prescribed by a doctor in small doses to combat clots and its a different story. Didn't Bob Marley die of cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.