Is time for Somalia to leave the Arab League?

No. Why would you isolate yourself? C'mon have some political tact.
Should Somalia also leave the AU, UN, IGAD?
Use it to make connections, alliances, etc.

OffTheDome

Proud American
In my opinion, there’s only 3 organizations that if you join, you’ll actually benefit from it. The EU, NATO and ASEAN

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
nope being isloated won't help us in any way the country needs friends and allies that can provide acess to markets and resources it needs

Last edited:
It’s a useless council that is does whatever UAE & Saudi day. They even recently made a committee to monitor Turkey ( Somalia #1 Ally).

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
It’s a useless council that is does whatever UAE & Saudi day. They even recently made a committee to monitor Turkey ( Somalia #1 Ally).
:leon:
Didn't know this. I guess they aren't worthless after all.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
The reason we joined still stands, we gain more by being a member than not being one. Once we become a stronger country then we can use our clout but not now.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
People that want to leave the Arab League are Somalis who have no idea of geopolitics or blame Arabs for everything in our country.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
nope being isloated won't help us in any way the country needs friends and allies that can provide acess to markets and resources it needs
We are good allies with Arabia there's nothing to gain by cutting them off other than shooting ourselves in the food. It would be like cutting off the tap water because why? Our trade is mostly with the UAE and Saudi Arabia.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Instead of leaving it we should take a more active role and use it for our own benefits.

We can use those meetings as an excuse to better connect with the countless of potential trading partners in the league.

A single small Arab country is worth a dozen similar sized African countries.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Please tell me what are the geopolitical benefits from leaving the Arab League?! Somalia is hated by its neighbours like Kenya and Ethiopia, the African Union always favours Bantu countries thus we can't trust them nor see them as possible allies. The Arab League firmly supported us on our ongoing maritime disputes with Kenya, their influence might be minimal nowadays but they're still good Muslim allies nonetheless.

Som

VIP
Yes we should leave for two main reasons
1)First of all we aren't arabs, nobody in somalia speaks arabic as a first language, not even benadirid and cadcads with recent arab ancestry
2)Somalia joined the arab league in order to get economic and political advantages, we didn't get any of that. After 1991 arab countries funded terrorism and mingled in our politics to further divide us. Arab nations (especially gulf countries) aren't our friendd
Somalis obviously have some cultural connection with the arab world because of islam , but this doesn't mean that we should be in sn arab organization that has only damaged us

Som

VIP
Please tell me what are the geopolitical benefits from leaving the Arab League?! Somalia is hated by its neighbours like Kenya and Ethiopia, the African Union always favours Bantu countries thus we can't trust them nor see them as possible allies. The Arab League firmly supported us on our ongoing maritime disputes with Kenya, their influence might be minimal nowadays but they're still good Muslim allies nonetheless.
Where do you think terrorists get their money from? Gulf countries. If we didn't have arab funded terrorism we wouldn't have these problems and we would actually be able to defend ourselves from Kenya sn Ethiopia.
Kenya and Ethiopia wouldn't even dare to take our land of Somalia was a stable country.

Trending