IS THIS WHAT SOMALI MYTHOLOGIES LOOKS LIKE?

K-M-O

Somali.

Edit: if you have any knowledge of any Somali folklores give knowledge. Thanks :icon lol:

Last edited:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
My ayeyo grew up in the badiyaha mudug so I consider myself an "expert" in somali mythology but this?!

Nvm, I see they slipped in waaq :comeon:

K-M-O

Somali.
@Ahmed123-

This women looks pretty scary not gonna lie:

AEE12AF6-EE24-49AD-B505-FDB562AD8549.jpeg

Her name is Dhegdheer: she’s basically a known-cannibal where she hunts astray kids or lost kids.

There‘s also books of hers:

that I didn’t get to read :icon lol:

29F05C9A-01B3-4604-BF08-78AC9C98A437.jpeg

Qori Ismaris from what I gathered by interrogating several people in SL as a child, is a hyena-human monster. Apparently, people from Djibouti use a plant that only grows in their land. They rub this plant all over their bodies and use their special powers to turn into a hyena.

Then they terrorize people and eat them.

There's also another story of a man with a lion head that roamed northern Somalia, forgot the name of this creature, though.

Will Waal Was An Darood King In What Is Now Known As Agadenia

:cosbyhmm: :cosbyhmm: :cosbyhmm: :cosbyhmm:

Ogadeniya. Get it right please

and that time when king Wiil Waal was around the 1700s very early of that century. He was Jidwaq Absame.

And I doubt if Somalis have myths due to them being Muslims since 7th century.

I took tawxiid seriously thank god.

Based

VIP
Geeljirettes used to tell these telltales to their children while the geeljire was away for long times. To make the children ignore the hunger, we would tell them these stories to keep them occupied.

K-M-O

Somali.
Geeljirettes used to tell these telltales to their children while the geeljire was away for long times. To make the children ignore the hunger, we would tell them these stories to keep them occupied.

Really goes to show how poetically creative we are.

Trending