Is this weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
My friend's dad who's in his 50s recently went to Dubai. He bought me a gold necklace with earrings. He wrapped the gift and he told my friend to give it to me, so I opened the gift Infront of her and I saw it, I was really surprised and happy but my friend was shocked. She said he only bought her a necklace with no earrings. Now I feel weird about the gift. What the hell is the old guy trying to do? To cause a rift between me and his daughter? She has been acting weird all week. I don't even talk to the dad like that, like hi and bye when I see him around town.

Should I return the gift?

Gibiin-Udug

Oh shit :mjlol:

Reiko!

Has the old man been making passes at you?
No Wallahi. I've been friends with his daughter since sophomore year in high school. Whenever I see him, we only say hi and bye. I never had a 2 minute conversation with him.

VixR

Veritas
No Wallahi. I've been friends with his daughter since sophomore year in high school. Whenever I see him, we only say hi and bye. I never had a 2 minute conversation with him.
I wouldn't accept the gift.

Whether it's a friend's dad, their bf, or heck you bf's father or even their brother, you gotta set boundaries. I mean, you know when they're feeling you. It's always a sinking feeling. I would just distance the shit of that place, and don't even be friendly anymore.

Exchange the hi/bye with a very sheikad Assaalmu alaikum with a black hijab on top.

VIP
This is beyond weird. He got you a better gift than his daughter. For the sake of your friendship you have to return it. Confront the old bastard too.

yasmin lan

Satans step daughter
My friend's dad who's in his 50s recently went to Dubai. He bought me a gold necklace with earrings. He wrapped the gift and he told my friend to give it to me, so I opened the gift Infront of her and I saw it, I was really surprised and happy but my friend was shocked. She said he only bought her a necklace with no earrings. Now I feel weird about the gift. What the hell is the old guy trying to do? To cause a rift between me and his daughter? She has been acting weird all week. I don't even talk to the dad like that, like hi and bye when I see him around town.

Should I return the gift?
His intentions are impure return the gift and make it clear your not interested

Gibiin-Udug

Guys I'm returning the gift today when I get home. I don't want to see him so I will give the gift to his daughter. Hopefully we can put this behind us.

Gibiin-Udug

This is beyond weird. He got you a better gift than his daughter. For the sake of your friendship you have to return it. Confront the old bastard too.
I can't confront him because he's older and he is a heart patient. I will just return the gift to his daughter and tell her I think it's inappropriate.

Gibiin-Udug

@Reiko
Did you return it? What was your friends reaction?
I did return it, last night, I pretty much explained to her that the gift made me uncomfortable, at the same time I respect our friendship and I would highly appreciate it if she returned the gift to her dad, so he would know I didn't accept it. She actually sent me a snapchat video of her explaining it to her dad and returning the gift looool.

P.s

Home girl got mad for no damn reason, her dad brought her abayas, handbags, shoes and not one but 2 necklaces but had the audacity to get mad at my gift because he didn't buy her earrings. But I will sweep it under the rug. And the dad said he bought me the gift because he knows about our friendship and we have known each other since we were 15. But she started acting weird when she saw my earrings and necklace, smh :kanyehmm:

I wouldn't return it, I will wear it around your friend and tell her to call you Edo:hillarybiz:
1xff1m.jpg

I did return it, last night, I pretty much explained to her that the gift made me uncomfortable, at the same time I respect our friendship and I would highly appreciate it if she returned the gift to her dad, so he would know I didn't accept it. She actually sent me a snapchat video of her explaining it to her dad and returning the gift looool.

P.s

Home girl got mad for no damn reason, her dad brought her abayas, handbags, shoes and not one but 2 necklaces but had the audacity to get mad at my gift because he didn't buy her earrings. But I will sweep it under the rug. And the dad said he bought me the gift because he knows about our friendship and we have known each other since we were 15. But she started acting weird when she saw my earrings and necklace, smh :kanyehmm:
:nvjpqts::nvjpqts:
Your friend needs to chill though :ftw9nwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending