Is there anything you do for stupid reasons?

I learnt that elephants. The one of biggest and strongest animal in the world eats plant based diet in my 20s...

So that what I did, I starting plant based diet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

giphy.gif

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Are u big and strong like an elephant tho?
Nope, that was the gym that made a big boy but I'm convinced that something outside of plants are giving me arthritis type joint pain. It was one of the unexpected benefit. Plus, the weigh loss, great less oily skin. You probably know the rest
:cosbyhmm:

If ancient proto-humans stuck to veganism, their brainpower would not have increased by much. It increased a lot due to hunting down animals in clever ways and creating & using hunting tools.
how would they even survive when vegans today only survive on supplements 🤔 so many things not in plants, and there wouldn't be all the readily available plant foods processed today.

I learnt that elephants. The one of biggest and strongest animal in the world eats plant based diet in my 20s...

I’m pretty sure they sneak in little bit of meat here and there when no one is looking :ummhmsmiley:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Vegetarian animals tend to be stupid, with Elephants being the major exception.

The smartest animals are carnivores or omnivores.

Plant foods are just not very nutritionally dense. They also have to eat constantly. You ever noticed that most herbivores are eating 24/7? Just grazing, grazing. Even leaf eaters like Koalas are eating 24/7 because they need to eat that absurd volume to get enough nutrients:

And one thing most people never realize is that herbivorous and truly omnivorous animals can't in reality directly digest plant matter. They have specialized stomachs with microbes that breakdown the plant matter like cellulose for them and they in turn digest the microbes and, funnily enough, the microbes convert the plant matter into the same general composition as what you'd get if you ate meat. Saturated fat, lots of fat soluble vitamins and a full range of amino acids.

If you lack the microbial content that these animals have then excessive plant matter is inappropriate and you're more likely to just cause lots of gas, bloating, pain and constipation if you overdo it. Not to mention all the antinutrients like oxalates if you really don't know what you're doing regarding how to process non-fruit plants.

Comparisons-of-digestive-tract-anatomy-It-can-be-seen-that-the-human-digestive-tract-is.png

Humans, as you can see, have digestive tracts more similar to a dog's than to any herbivore's or true omnivore's (pigs). Not as hypercarnivore as a cat or ferret but still carni leaning. We can break down some plants, especially if folks are smart and handle them well (fermentation, cooking etc) to break down the antinutrients but you would be missing at least all the following if one went fully plant-based:

XlxhgG9.jpg

Veganism just tends to feel good for the first 1-2 years as, if you do it right (no vegan junk food), as it can mimic a sort of fasting and a lot of these people are coming off of stuff like drinking alcohol, eating processed foods, and smoking so they'd frankly feel better on any wholefood based diet. But after the deficiencies begin kicking in a few years or they eventually wreck their digestion the pathways are often vegan junk food, fruitarianism or soldiering on suffering until:

Greatest snake-oil the west ever sold people, wallahi. Granted, I can't fully blame them. Feel like the Indian subcontinent is more to blame for this foolishness:

If you take a good look at a lot of Vegan YouTubers they often have this Hindu inspired new-age spiritual woowoo going on:

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

I say Knock on the wood for superstitious. literally will look for wood however far

Trending