Is there any Somali Kenyans here?

I have two questions for you if you don't mind if you are an ethnic Somali who's a Kenyan citizen from Northeastern Kenya.

1) Do you support Raila Odinga to become the next president of Kenya? Is there any policy of Raila's that you agree/disagree with?

2) Do you support Kenya adopting ethnicity-based federalism like in Ethiopia? Would you like Wajir, Mandera and Garissa counties to become one state called 'Somali State'?

@Removed @SPMLegend

PS This is a political thread about a part of the Somali peninsula so it should be part of the Somali politics subforum

Do you think Somalis are currently empowered through the current centralized system?

If not, is there/what’s the pathway to empower them through this system?

Not quite. I think our people in Kenya who are Kenyan citizens should a) send as many Somalis to the Kenyan Parliament as possible to form one cohesive caucus and b) as Somalis are the most entrepreneurial and successful business wise in Kenya we should emulate Yahuudka in America in terms of political influence

Not quite. I think our people in Kenya who are Kenyan citizens should a) send as many Somalis to the Kenyan Parliament as possible to form one cohesive caucus and b) as Somalis are the most entrepreneurial and successful business wise in Kenya we should emulate Yahuudka in America in terms of political influence
I don’t mean to derail this thread but Somali’s are doing ok but facts are their impact on Kenya’s gdp is minimal & way over exaggerated. There’s only so much you can contribute to the economy through retailing cheap Chinese merchandise (which is the majority of the businesses).

@InaShaqalle tbh i don't know much about kenyan politics or what system best serves somali kenyans interests, but whatever system gives them more autonomy is best i guess. I would think federalism would serve Somali's better so counties can't be pit against each other & their political power can be more concentrated.

I think the current system of governance is good, no region can rely complain of being neglected while resources are being poured in lto their respective counties. But the problem that ails NE kenya and the rest of kenya is the same.

Short sightedness, a lack of national pride and integrity.

Thats why development is taking place although at a very slow pace. Although I do beleive that devolution is the way.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
yes, I would support Raila.

As for the states Somalis share better off paper when you force them together they start to self destruct. Although if any area could do it I would imagine NFD could they are significantly more mature in politics.

Trending