Is there any hope for a palestinian state?

We all followed the news and watched what was happening in Gaza and settlements all across the west bank, but also america's unwavering support of Israel.
Today the arab world is recognizing Israel and soon most muslim countries will normalize their relations with Israel.
Is the palestinian state a Utopia or is it realistically possible with current geopolitics?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Neither.

One secular state with right of return for both peoples is the only realistic scenario.

Yusuf M

PuntExit
Neither.

One secular state with right of return for both peoples is the only realistic scenario.
The Israelis will laugh at you or even kill you if you said that. Because they know they will lose their majority status if the refugees return because of the demographic change. Anyway, I really don't care about the Israel/Palestine conflict. I only care about my country and people.

The Israelis will laugh at you or even kill you if you said that. Because they know they will lose their majority status if the refugees return because of the demographic change. Anyway, I really don't care about the Israel/Palestine conflict. I only care about my country and people.
Which is Somaliweyn (area) :banderas:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Even their former presidents Ehud Olmert and Ehud Barak said Israel is heading to a path of either South Africa style integration or apartheid.

What I am saying is not outlandish for those versed in this issue.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Even their former presidents Ehud Olmert and Ehud Barak said Israel is heading to a path of either South Africa style integration or apartheid.

Just so long as they allow all Levantine descendants to repatriate. I am a Natufian descendant and would like to someday see the homeland of my Kebaran and Natufian forefathers and settle in a place like Jericho.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Just so long as they allow all Levantine descendants to repatriate. I am a Natufian descendant and would like to someday see the homeland of my Kebaran and Natufian forefathers and settle in a place like Jericho.

Sorry sxb, I am not sure whether ancient descendants are part of this issue.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Sorry sxb, I am not sure whether ancient descendants are part of this issue.

Oh poo. Oh, Jericho. Sweet, supple Jericho. Why do your hips allude Shimbiris' grasp so? Forgive me, Natufian papas for I will not settle the lands you once walked. I have failed you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yusuf M

PuntExit

You would've been fully aware of the situation in that part of the world If you were versed in this issue. Even the most liberal Jews for the most part are hardcore Zionist hardliners who believe in a Jewish state that is Jewish majority and are against refugees returning which they see as a threat to their demographic. I do not in any shape or form support Israel. I'm simply trying to explain how most Jews see return of Palestinian refugees and their descendants. Although I highly doubt you would be able to understand that.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You would've been fully aware of the situation in that part of the world If you were versed in this issue. Even the most liberal Jews for the most part are hardcore Zionist hardliners who believe in a Jewish state that is Jewish majority and are against refugees returning which they see as a threat to their demographic. I do not in any shape or form support Israel. I'm simply trying to explain how most Jews see return of Palestinian refugees and their descendants. Although I highly doubt you would be able to understand that.

I completely understand their viewpoint. Also, when I said "for those well versed in the issue" I was referring to Barak and Olmert, not myself.

For Israelis, they see anything less than the status quo as an existential threat, which is understandable.

My point is that they are losing the PR battle and will face a South Africa-esque solution, in which the Western powers within the next decade will make them negotiate terms for a one state solution with the Palestinians.

They're entitled to have their beliefs but at the end of the day it was their actions alone that created the mood for a one-state solution.

I agree with @Periplus that continued delay to a 2 state solution and settlement building will make a 2 state solution impossible unless Palestinians give up the best parts of the westBank or Israel relinquishes all settlements

We are headed towards WestBank annexation. Im not sure if Gaza will be in the binational state. I think Israelis wont like the demographics of including Gaza. I dont think the 2 sides will agree to refugee issues

Other than Egyptian invovlement with Gaza status I dont foresee MENA countries having much of a say as guarantors/stakeholders on Palestinian side besides many Palestinians might distrust many of them for normalzing relations with Israel

We all followed the news and watched what was happening in Gaza and settlements all across the west bank, but also america's unwavering support of Israel.
Today the arab world is recognizing Israel and soon most muslim countries will normalize their relations with Israel.
Is the palestinian state a Utopia or is it realistically possible with current geopolitics?
Palestinian State is now diffucult to achieve cuz of Israel continous settelment building were 700,000 Israelis live in west bank now and the famous walls and the check points that divides Palestnian cities and limiting their movement which makes the only realistic solution for the conflict a One State solution even though the international community still holds to the idea of 2 states solution

Trending