Is there any cushitic ethnic groups around today that has a purely cushitic culture without outside influence?

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Same way being cushitic doesn't mean shit (which isn't even the Somali word for it)
Cushitic is a modern identity that relies on external traditions and stories. None of my forefathers recognized themselves as such and my fellow Somalis back home cant even pronounce that word correctly...”Kushtii”

Cushitic is a modern identity that relies on external traditions and stories. None of my forefathers recognized themselves as such and my fellow Somalis back home cant even pronounce that word correctly...”Kushtii”

Are you retarded or what? Cushitic is just a blanket-term for all ethno-linguistic descendants of our ancestors, the Proto-Cushitic.

Are you retarded or what? Cushitic is just a blanket-term for all ethno-linguistic descendants of our ancestors, the Proto-Cushitic.
The point is, no one knows/cares about that. Oromo's are our closest relatives and we can't stand each other. In Dijibouti/Ethiopia, Issa and Afar can't stand each other either. It's a technical term that doesn't matter to the average person.

The point is, no one knows/cares about that. Oromo's are our closest relatives and we can't stand each other. In Dijibouti/Ethiopia, Issa and Afar can't stand each other either. It's a technical term that doesn't matter to the average person.

It doesn't matter whether or not you ''identify'' as Cushitic. It's a statement of fact, not a social club. I don't identify as Cushitic, black or African, yet i'm all of these three.

Som

VIP
The relation between Cushitic peoples(afar, agaws, somalis , promo etc) is the same as the relation between germanic peoples (dutch, German, Scandinavian etc). Doesn't matter any more but it's still an accurate label.

Trending