Is there a lack of ambition in the somali community?

Does the Somali community lack ambition?

• Total voters

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
It's just plain old wisdom. I'm extremely ambitious too but to tackle too much at once is just begging for failure and btw you shouldn't ever tell people about your dreams.
i havent told anyone irl and i dont expect it to come overnight but this is a goal that i will try my best to achieve inshallah ill take it step by step :it0tdo8:

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
Somalis are mediocre at everything just look at Somali shops and how they stock shelves it’s never organised or there’s too many products on the everywhere there’s no risk assessment.

Somalis are mediocre at everything just look at Somali shops and how they stock shelves it’s never organised or there’s too many products on the everywhere there’s no risk assessment.
I don't know if you're kidding, but I feel like I have to address this.

Self criticism and wanting Somali's to be better is good, but don't fall to the path that will lead to self-hate. Somali's are an incredibly entrepreneurial people,the best in Africa, I would go so far as to say, everywhere in the world you will find a successful Somali who forged their own path.

If Somalia can provide security and peace to Somali's, our people will flourish, so you should never lose hope.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Somalis suffer from conformity and groupthink, if you deviate in anyway from their backward traditions they will ostracize you. Parents will encourage their kids to befriend other Somali kids instead of just other kids. Your parents have been setting you up for failure your whole lives and you did not even know it.

I agree with @sophisticate that ambition is difficult or even impossible to measure on a communal/societal level, it's highly personal and relative. Ambition in the sense of motivation fluctuates in its intensity depending on the stage of your career, education or business etc. that you find yourself in. It is not needed in every step of the way, although it can make your path easier and more worthwhile at times. If you mean ambition in the sense of being goal-oriented and committed to something than I'd say that it is absolutely necessary.
I think what you are trying to get at is the subjective observation we make from time to time that we as Somalis currently don't have a state that reflects the archetype of a productive society so we infer from that a lack of ambition in the general Somali population which would be incorrect imo. Just look around you or even in your own family or yourself and you will find plenty of Somalis achieving their goals/dreams in whatever capacity they deem fitting and fulfilling. Also agree with @Primordial second post, if anything Somalis are universally noted for their business-oriented spirit which speaks for itself :salute:

Trending

Latest posts