Is the Keto diet haram?

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
I’ve been on a high fat low carb diet for 4 years now with great results. I didn’t want to have dates and sweets on eid and when asked for the reasoning, I told people I just don’t eat sugar. This sheikh freaked out and said if something isn’t haram you can’t make it haram. Then I put a date in my mouth, walked away and spat it out.

Anyway, is this a thing? Is eating fat all the time haram?

I know of no Islamic texts that say that a low carb high fat diet would be haram, then again I'm not a scholar.

Most likely it's not haram, as long as you're eating halal meat and avoiding khamri you should be fine.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
No, like what makes it haram? Not wanting to eat date? That's completely normal, any one saying otherwise or saying it's haram, is making shit up

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
No, like what makes it haram? Not wanting to eat date? That's completely normal, any one saying otherwise or saying it's haram, is making shit up
He was saying I shouldn’t abstain from certain foods if they aren’t haram…almost accusing me of making up new laws etc

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Not at all. IM a raging ketosexual by the way.
How’s that working out for you? What do you eat anyway? My diet is heavy in beef and camel, eggs, salmon, non-milk dairy like cheese and heavy cream, and a ton of leafy greens (like obscene amounts). I also throw in the occasional almond flour cakes and sweets using swerve but this is once a month. My net carbs make up less than 10% of my daily calories

Last edited:
How’s that working out for you? What do you eat anyway? My diet is heavy in beef and camel, eggs, salmon, non-milk dairy like cheese and heavy cream, and a ton of leafy greens (like obscene amounts). I also throw in the occasional almond flour cakes and sweets using swerve but this is once a month. My net carbs make up less than 10% of my daily calories
It's working out good. I tried to be a vegan but failled...it's too fattening. Keto is the way to go.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
There are some hadiths that say Keto is haram.
At this point people just make up shit and say its haram silly somalis
Season 3 Reaction GIF by TV One

I’ve been on a high fat low carb diet for 4 years now with great results. I didn’t want to have dates and sweets on eid and when asked for the reasoning, I told people I just don’t eat sugar. This sheikh freaked out and said if something isn’t haram you can’t make it haram. Then I put a date in my mouth, walked away and spat it out.

Anyway, is this a thing? Is eating fat all the time haram?
That's dumb question to ask but alright I see you trying to learn the Deen and also if you were offered to eat one date it's alright there's nothing harmful coming from it as it's nutritional fruit with high fiber.

The answer is no isn't Haram it's only Haram if pork fats are part of your diet

I would ignore the Sheikh unless he as a PHD in nutrition science.

But I wouldn't turn down a few dates because of a diet.

Just take the damn dates for that cousin's wedding or Eid or whatever.

It is just good manners.

One day won't hurt your 4 years of hard work.

Don't be extreme.