Is the human genome degrading over time and actually devolving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're missing a lot important pieces of the puzzle. For all we know the connection between QM and classical mechanics could be quite straightforward and obvious but we're not seeing it yet.

It might seem discontinuous to us now but there also clues that when you get to those energy levels most the interactions might be happening on a much wider field instead of just between local particles.

Quantum mechanics gets really weird when it comes to locality and there's where some of the most interesting debates are located (no pun).

Don't really follow the science but there was this theory that's mathematically in line with current mainstream quantum mechanics theories but described a more deterministic reality vs a probalistic/but mainly random QM universe. Think it was pilot wave theory but I could be wrong.

Maybe once we get to higher energies with the LHC we should be able to get a better idea on what kind of universe we're in.
It's sure ass hell entertaining to learn what the experts find out. Have you heard of Schrodinger's Cat or the Holographic Principle?

Skip to 40:03 if you don't have time to watch the whole video.

Good conversation about Quantum mechanics. 15:26

We're missing a lot important pieces of the puzzle. For all we know the connection between QM and classical mechanics could be quite straightforward and obvious but we're not seeing it yet.

It might seem discontinuous to us now but there also clues that when you get to those energy levels most the interactions might be happening on a much wider field instead of just between local particles.

Quantum mechanics gets really weird when it comes to locality and there's where some of the most interesting debates are located (no pun).

Don't really follow the science but there was this theory that's mathematically in line with current mainstream quantum mechanics theories but described a more deterministic reality vs a probalistic/but mainly random QM universe. Think it was pilot wave theory but I could be wrong.

Maybe once we get to higher energies with the LHC we should be able to get a better idea on what kind of universe we're in.
what I don't get is how two system cant come together but it works in real life but not on paper. that god telling us your stupid, listen our heads are limited these are the same people that made the claim of the big bang theory (nothing comes from something)but also proposed the theory of human evolution (everything comes from something) I respect science but science doesn't like to admit it has flaws I pick and chose what I believe in science

what I don't get is how two system cant come together but it works in real life but not on paper that god telling us your stupid, listen our heads are limited they are the same people that made the claim of the big bang theory (nothing comes from something)but also proposed the theory of human evolution (everything comes from something) I respect science but science doesn't like to admit it has flaws i pick and chose what I believe in science
The scientist doesn't know what started the Big Bang. There are some unproven theories here and there, but nothing conclusive by scientific standards.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It's sure ass hell entertaining to learn what the experts find out. Have you heard of Schrodinger's Cat or the Holographic Principle?

Skip to 40:03 if you don't have time to watch the whole video.

Good conversation about Quantum mechanics. 15:26

Schrodinger's cat I'm familiar with... it relates to what I was talking about with the deterministic vs probalistic universe.

However although I've watched some lectures on the holographic universe and Susskind's work but I never got a full grasp on what its implications are.

I understand that a holographic universe would be a more stable lower energy state being 2D but apart from making the math easier for string theorist i don't really get it.

Horta what field are you studying/working in? You're coming at this from a pop science perspective or actually study this blasphemous stuff lol.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
what I don't get is how two system cant come together but it works in real life but not on paper. that god telling us your stupid, listen our heads are limited these are the same people that made the claim of the big bang theory (nothing comes from something)but also proposed the theory of human evolution (everything comes from something) I respect science but science doesn't like to admit it has flaws I pick and chose what I believe in science

They might be wrong in the end but it doesn't hurt to research the natural world.

If we listened to anti-intellectuals then we would still be hunter and gatherers.

Schrodinger's cat I'm familiar with... it relates to what I was talking about with the deterministic vs probalistic universe.

However although I've watched some lectures on the holographic universe and Susskind's work but I never got a full grasp on what its implications are.

I understand that a holographic universe would be a more stable lower energy state being 2D but apart from making the math easier for string theorist i don't really get it.

Horta what field are you studying/working in? You're coming at this from a pop science perspective or actually study this blasphemous stuff lol.
I don't study this shit, and my understanding of these theories is surface level at best. I'm just a curious individual in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending