Is the Diisow Dance Actually Older Than Anyone Thought

Is what we see here not quite similar to the Diisow?

I just wonder if some of our dances are actually as old as the Eastern Desert / Nile Valley

Attachments

• Ancient Egyptian Dance Similar to Somali .jpg
    Ancient Egyptian Dance Similar to Somali .jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 63
Is what we see here not quite similar to the Diisow?

I just wonder if some of our dances are actually as old as the Eastern Desert / Nile Valley
I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. After reading sade mire book I've realized a lot of somali traditions are very old. It wouldn't surprise me that somalis persevere some remnant of anicnet nile valley traditions from when they migrated out of the Easter desert.

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. After reading sade mire book I've realized a lot of somali traditions are very old. It wouldn't surprise me that somalis persevere some remnant of anicnet nile valley traditions from when they migrated out of the Easter desert.
We definitely have quite a few traditions or at least things that can be traced that far.

What’s Sade mire book?

Diisow was copied from the oromos that lived in jubooyinka pre daarood expansion I believe
What’s the proof for that and are there any groups who practice that?

Some cultural concepts can be shared within some east Cushitics and retained separately for thousands years. Oromos concepts like the poetry form Geerarsa (Somali Geerar) and military positions (Aban Dule) are/were common amongst groups not sharing borders.

This would mean these concepts have persevered independently for thousands years.

This dance game is pretty ancient from what I have heard.

Last edited:

Trending