Is Mathematics invented or discovered?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You are correct that the Big Bang theory has evolved and expanded over time. The current understanding of the origins of the universe is based on the concept of cosmic inflation, which suggests that the universe underwent a period of rapid expansion in the moments immediately following the Big Bang. This period of inflation is thought to have lasted for a very short amount of time, during which the universe grew in size by a factor of at least 10^26.

After this period of inflation, the universe continued to expand at a slower rate, gradually cooling as it did so. During this cooling period, matter began to form as particles combined and eventually formed atoms. These atoms then clumped together to form stars and galaxies, which would eventually form larger structures like planets.

Gravity is thought to have been present from the very beginning of the universe, as it is one of the four fundamental forces of nature. However, its effects may not have been immediately noticeable during the early stages of the universe's expansion. As matter began to coalesce and form larger structures like stars and planets, gravity became more important in shaping the structure of the universe.

Overall, the current understanding of the origins of the universe is based on a combination of observational evidence and theoretical models, and our understanding is constantly evolving as new evidence is gathered and analyzed.

It's fascinating what u say my friend and very knowledgable and curing my conflicting thoughts. Im suprised they only found out about black holes recently when we know all energy convert who-ever came up with that is a genius as u know automatically nothing disappears and just becomes something else depending on heat or cold being applied to the matter.

Makes sense when suns die the energy converts into a black hole. Science needs to work together i think so they can quickly apply the laws to problem, it's already there and u can observe it, so you don't need to think even.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Nomadic lord we know when the sun dies it leaves behind a black hole with all that energy of the sun, wat about planets when they die, do they leave behind their energy foot print as a black hole or something else, i know it won't disappear, wat about 'ice planet' wat sort of footprint will they leave behind? It's good we both agree there is no nothing state and disappearance and zero isnt a true state.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Nomadic lord the law of energy especially the 'not created' part stumps me not the not 'destroyed' part, i know u can't destroy physical matter it will convert to something else thru mere observation depending on what's applied to(heat or cold) but even then it will just be some energy form of another physical state like human to ashes, i assume the same for all physical matter converting to some other state depending on what's applied to it. But not 'created' part does it means physical matter has no 'common origin or cause' as that's not observable, i do have a pre-ceding cause so does every physical matter and ultimately a common origin.

Last edited:

Nomadic lord

Simply better.
@Nomadic lord we know when the sun dies it leaves behind a black hole with all that energy of the sun, wat about planets when they die, do they leave behind their energy foot print as a black hole or something else, i know it won't disappear, wat about 'ice planet' wat sort of footprint will they leave behind? It's good we both agree there is no nothing state and disappearance and zero isnt a true state.
When a planet dies, it does not typically leave behind a black hole. Black holes are formed from the remnants of massive stars that have undergone supernova explosions. In the case of planets, they typically do not have enough mass to collapse into a black hole at the end of their lives.

However, when a planet dies, it can leave behind other types of "footprints" in the form of material that is left over from its formation and evolution. For example, some planets may leave behind a core of dense material, or they may break apart and scatter debris throughout their solar system.

As for "ice planets," their ultimate fate depends on their mass and composition. If an ice planet has enough mass, it may eventually collapse and become a rocky planet, or it may even undergo fusion and become a star. If it does not have enough mass, it may simply cool and solidify over time, leaving behind a remnant of its icy material.

Overall, the fate of a planet depends on a variety of factors, including its mass, composition, and the conditions in its environment. While a planet may not leave behind a black hole when it dies, it can still leave behind other types of evidence that can tell us about its history and evolution.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Nomadic lord I know we r 'energy' physical matter, I realized that when I knew zero doesn't exist nor a nothingness vaccuum, plus observing how human breaks down into ashes when burnt or even buried, solidified to me im 'energy' also or else I wouldn't convert as the law of energy preaches, then I looked around and realized the same process for all physical matter, nothing just disappears

Nomadic lord

Simply better.
@Nomadic lord I know we r 'energy' physical matter, I realized that when I knew zero doesn't exist nor a nothingness vaccuum, plus observing how human breaks down into ashes when burnt or even buried, solidified to me im 'energy' also or else I wouldn't convert as the law of energy preaches, then I looked around and realized the same process for all physical matter, nothing just disappears
That's correct. The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed from one form to another. So when physical matter is burned or broken down, the energy that makes up that matter is transformed into other forms of energy. This is why, as you mentioned, nothing truly disappears - it simply transforms into other forms of energy.

It's interesting to note that the concept of energy is fundamental to our understanding of the natural world, and is used to explain many physical phenomena. From the motion of objects to the behavior of particles at the atomic and subatomic level, energy is an essential concept that helps us understand the workings of the universe.

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
super late to all this but i think it depends on what you consider axioms to be. since axioms are statements that are not proven and are rather taken for granted there are two ways of justifying why a proof isn't needed
way 1:
a proof is not needed because the statement is "self evident", so like the half being greater than the whole is a "self evident" truth therefore does not require a proof
way 2:
a proof is not needed because the statement is true because we said so.

Since math is built upon axioms, if you think of axioms like way 1, then you will lean more towards the group that believes math is discovered and not invented. but if you think of axioms like way 2 then you would probably think math is indeed invented. i am in the way 2 crowd so i think math is mostly arbitrary and pulled right out of thin air. i say mostly because, there are many mathematical concepts that we use naturally and it wasn't until very recently that we formalized them into mathematical structures/entities.

When a planet dies, it does not typically leave behind a black hole. Black holes are formed from the remnants of massive stars that have undergone supernova explosions. In the case of planets, they typically do not have enough mass to collapse into a black hole at the end of their lives.

However, when a planet dies, it can leave behind other types of "footprints" in the form of material that is left over from its formation and evolution. For example, some planets may leave behind a core of dense material, or they may break apart and scatter debris throughout their solar system.

As for "ice planets," their ultimate fate depends on their mass and composition. If an ice planet has enough mass, it may eventually collapse and become a rocky planet, or it may even undergo fusion and become a star. If it does not have enough mass, it may simply cool and solidify over time, leaving behind a remnant of its icy material.

Overall, the fate of a planet depends on a variety of factors, including its mass, composition, and the conditions in its environment. While a planet may not leave behind a black hole when it dies, it can still leave behind other types of evidence that can tell us about its history and evolution.

Reality becomes blurry sometimes. In our frame of reference on earth, we are looking into the past when see the glow of stars in the night sky. Physics makes you feel strange about reality and it is easy to get confused. Many facts about the universe are counter intuitive. The more we know, the more we come to understand how limited we are.

I feel what would unlock math for most people if they changed their viewpoint about what mathemathics is, if they started to view mathematics as a way/language to understand and communicate with the universe

Trending