IS MARAQ ARABIC⁉️⁉️⁉️

But in Northern dialects there is so much loan words. There is no problem with wanting to get rid of the unnecessary loan words. Words that there are somali counterparts
It's best to use native words over loanwords. With that said, I don't see the loanwords exceeding anything beyond normalcy.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
But in Northern dialects there is so much loan words. There is no problem with wanting to get rid of the unnecessary loan words. Words that there are somali counterparts
Icl I agree we need to un arabise somali language and culture

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Icl I agree we need to un arabise somali language and culture
warya. do you want us to become this.

images (48).jpeg

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Canjeelo are you hooyo maatalo :mjkkk:

i say canjeero maybe it’s because my family moved around but we are from mudug too:wow1:

my family were all over the place even tho they are from galkyo :mjlaugh:
my mum's side is from Butinle Nugaal and My dad's from Galkacyo. My mums side says Canjeelo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I thought maraq was somali but yemeni Arabs use it to. Where did it originate from? Did we never use to have Maraq before Arab contact? or did they take this word from us? I thought since somalis huge thing with meat I thought it was ethnic somali word
Maraq is universal, I think most cultures have it. It’s just mainly bone broth but we may have just borrowed the word or we maybe we just share it because our language and Arabic both fall under Afroasiatic.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Maraq is universal, I think most cultures have it. It’s just mainly bone broth but we may have just borrowed the word or we maybe we just share it because our language and Arabic both fall under Afroasiatic.
yes but it is not all Arabic dialects. Most dialects use another word. Only Yemenis use Maraq. also other gulf Arabs do no use the word maraq