IS MARAQ ARABIC⁉️⁉️⁉️

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I thought maraq was somali but yemeni Arabs use it to. Where did it originate from? Did we never use to have Maraq before Arab contact? or did they take this word from us? I thought since somalis huge thing with meat I thought it was ethnic somali word

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Every culture has a stew or broth of some kind. There is nothing unique about it anywhere. It's sort of rudimentary.

I thought maraq was somali but yemeni Arabs use it to. Where did it originate from? Did we never use to have Maraq before Arab contact? or did they take this word from us? I thought since somalis huge thing with meat I thought it was ethnic somali word
It’s more than likely that Yemeni people got the word from us because of how close they are to us geographically. Other Arabs do not use that word for stew.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Loanwords are in every language, but their is too much in af-soomali. Next thing you know, hooyo is arabic. No wonder we have arabs understanding us
In Reer waqooyi dialect there is so many. Every other sentence there is an Arabic word. We should replace them and make somali have no unnecessary loan words. Some regions use loanwords that have somali counterparts and don't use it. There is too many

Trending