Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Is it okay to lie if the outcome would be more beneficial for you and the individual you're lying to?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
It is never moral to lie.
:it0tdo8:
What if the truth would cause distress and lying would be easier? Do you have an obligation to be truthful or look for the emotional integrity of the person you're lying to?

What if the truth would cause distress and lying would be easier? Do you have an obligation to be truthful or look for the emotional integrity of the person you're lying to?
Sometimes choosing the difficult path is better in the longterm.
:it0tdo8:
If you are a Muslim, then it is an obligation to always be truthful.

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
A little white lie never hurt no one. In all seriousness tho if both parties are benefited I really don’t see the issue. But then again how would the person being lied to react if they found out the truth? If it risks damaging the relationship then it’s not worth it.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
A little white lie never hurt no one. In all seriousness tho if both parties are benefited I really don’t see the issue. But then again how would the person being lied to react if they found out the truth? If it risks damaging the relationship then it’s not worth it.
That was what I was thinking too

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
That was what I was thinking too
It’s one of those things that can turn out really good or really really ugly :stressed:
Know the type of person you’re dealing with. If it’s someone agreeable you can get away with it but someone volatile rip to you

Yea I think it is hard to find the line of what is acceptable though. We lie to children to save them from harsh realities but maybe we understimate them.

It's acceptable if your life or others are in danger. For example, if someone was looking to harm you or your family member's, you're obviously going to lie to protect yourself.

Like others have mentioned, I feel that harmless little white lies are fine because if we all truthfully spoke our mind...that wouldn't turn out great. Lying to save your or your family's life is also alright.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Morals are completely subjective. Humans decide what is moral and immoral. If we decide lying can be moral then it is. In my books it is moral.

Trending