Is liban a Somali name??

I always thought it was but I met some oromos today who’s name was liban, like liban waaqo, and liban abdissa, and I’ve heard people say it’s an Arabic name and not a Somali one

I always thought it was but I met some oromos today who’s name was liban, like liban waaqo, and liban abdissa, and I’ve heard people say it’s an Arabic name and not a Somali one
Liibaan is Cushitic name. You can find people name liibaan among the rendille, Oromo, afar and Somalis. In Somali it means khayr; baraare; guul.

There are people who make connections with certain Arabic word which closely resemble Liibaan but it is not Arabic.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

كَمَا دَخَلُوهُ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍۢ🕌☝🏾
VIP
The name Liban (Arabic writing : ليبان) is a Muslim boys Names. The meaning of name Liban is " Succesfull, charmed "🤣use to think it was Somali but we just translated it into Somali and made it our own

The name Liban (Arabic writing : ليبان) is a Muslim boys Names. The meaning of name Liban is " Succesfull, charmed "🤣use to think it was Somali but we just translated it into Somali and made it our own
The name is Liibaan, not Liban. Liibaan is a Somali name. If it is Arabic, please name an Arab person from the past or currently named Liibaan.

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
I can make connections the liibaan to Chinese and Spanish words. It does not make true. Liibaan is pure Somali. Unless you can name some Arab person name liibaan.
We are closer to the Arabs geographically man the word itself has an Arabic meaning ''successful'' means liban in arabic ,it means the same shit in somali ,they never used it as a name we turned it into a name but the word originally might have come from the Arabs s or they got the word from us 🤣if that's the case it would 100% be a Somali name

Last edited:
We are closer to the Arabs geographically man the word itself has an Arabic meaning ''successful'' means liban in arabic it means the same shit in somali they never used it as a name we turned it into a name but the word originaly might have come from the Arabs s or they got the word from us 🤣if that's the case it would 100% be a Somali name
Where are you getting this info ? Some random website from the internet ?

This definition you got from this website https://imuslim.name/2415-meaning-Liban-muslim-arabic-names.html

how do you verify if any information your getting is true ?

Fobnimo Till I Dhimo

VIP
Nah i'm wrong on this🤣they wrote the name in arabic and used the somali meaning it's 100% Somali ''ليبان'' does not exist in modern day's af carabi