Is jahannam/hellfire eternal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was feeling kinda stressed and down due to Uni worries and listened to surah al baqarah and that part is frightening. Now i feel bad for all the times i've rejected my lord and refused to bey him. Shaaitan had me wrapped around his finger a few times and had me missing prayers, but all that is gonna change. The quran always reminds me of the real goal and relieved me of my worries and stress and reminds me that he intended more for me but iblees and his tantrum caused us to be exiled.

nahlaa ala iblis.

:jcoleno::kendrickcry::notsureif::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

@Factz @Geeljire sanbuur @YourBroMoe

Was feeling kinda stressed and down due to Uni worries and listened to surah al baqarah and that part is frightening. Now i feel bad for all the times i've rejected my lord and refused to bey him. Shaaitan had me wrapped around his finger a few times and had me missing prayers, but all that is gonna change. The quran always reminds me of the real goal and relieved me of my worries and stress and reminds me that he intended more for me but iblees and his tantrum caused us to be exiled.

nahlaa ala iblis.

:jcoleno::kendrickcry::notsureif::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

@Factz @Geeljire sanbuur @YourBroMoe

The history of the books:

1) The Torah didn't have eternal hell .

2) Christianity first got eternal hell 500 years after Jesus, and some of its most prominent figures had radically different beliefs about it.

3) Islam has eternal conscious punishment inspired by the Christians at the time and with added details.

God's intervention:

That means that God for his first two sequels forgot to emphasize it and now add that details.

Furthermore it reflects poorly on him that he consciously let his sequels become corrupt and consciously let an heretical understanding of Jesus take hold for which 2.2 billion now subscribe to and is destined to hell for.

Religious state of the world:
The map clearly shows that religious beliefs correlate with the religion one is born into. When taken into account that religious conversion only stand for 1 %, it means that God knowingly creates humans who are favored for paradise and hell, making it essentially a lottery.
940px-World_religions_map_en.svg.png

There is too many holes in this story and I'm only scratching the surface.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked: Is Hell eternal or will it come to an end?

He replied:

"What is definite is that it is eternal, and no other view is known among the salaf. Hence the scholars made this one of their tenets of faith, so that we believe that Hell is eternal and will last forever. This is a matter concerning which there is no doubt, because Allaah has mentioned the eternal nature of Hell in three places in the Qur’aan:

1 – In Soorat al-Nisa, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, those who disbelieve and did wrong [by concealing the truth about Prophet Muhammad and his message of true Islamic Monotheism written in the Tawraatt (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) with them]; Allaah will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any way.

Except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever”

[al-Nisa’ 4:168-169]

2 – In Soorat al-Ahzaab, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire (Hell)

Wherein they will abide for ever”

[al-Ahzaab 33:64]

3 – In Soorat al-Jinn, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and whosoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, then verily, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever”

[al-Jinn 72:23]

There is a great deal of evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah to show that Hell will never cease to exist, and that the kaafireen will abide in Hell forever and will never come out of it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“This, because you took the Revelations of Allaah (this Qur’aan) in mockery, and the life of the world deceived you. So this Day, they shall not be taken out from there (Hell), nor shall they be returned to the worldly life (so that they repent to Allaah, and beg His Pardon for their sins)”

[al-Jaathiyah 45:35]"

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Jahannam and Jannah is an eternal reality that we all will face soon it will only be eternal for the disbelievers (who heard of islam but rejected) and the hypocrites

In Islam hell is only eternall for disbelievers, Muslim sinners will serve their time in hell and they’ll eventually go to jannah. We should work hard for our hereafter we don’t know if we’ll die as Muslims.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked: Is Hell eternal or will it come to an end?

He replied:

"What is definite is that it is eternal, and no other view is known among the salaf. Hence the scholars made this one of their tenets of faith, so that we believe that Hell is eternal and will last forever. This is a matter concerning which there is no doubt, because Allaah has mentioned the eternal nature of Hell in three places in the Qur’aan:

1 – In Soorat al-Nisa, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, those who disbelieve and did wrong [by concealing the truth about Prophet Muhammad and his message of true Islamic Monotheism written in the Tawraatt (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) with them]; Allaah will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any way.

Except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever”

[al-Nisa’ 4:168-169]

2 – In Soorat al-Ahzaab, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire (Hell)

Wherein they will abide for ever”

[al-Ahzaab 33:64]

3 – In Soorat al-Jinn, where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and whosoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, then verily, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever”

[al-Jinn 72:23]

There is a great deal of evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah to show that Hell will never cease to exist, and that the kaafireen will abide in Hell forever and will never come out of it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“This, because you took the Revelations of Allaah (this Qur’aan) in mockery, and the life of the world deceived you. So this Day, they shall not be taken out from there (Hell), nor shall they be returned to the worldly life (so that they repent to Allaah, and beg His Pardon for their sins)”

[al-Jaathiyah 45:35]"
Its very true that hell is forever.

There are 7 levels of hell.

The top most level is reserved for believers who comitted great sins and that part of hellfire will ultimately be emptied cause the inhabitants will be moved to Jannah.
All other levels are eternal.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
I don't remember the last time I missed a prayer.... Maybe 9 months ago.. i really don't remember. I'm fearful of that sentence in Koran "خالدين فيها ابدا" which means they will abide therein forever. Imagine living hellishly in that godforsaken place forever. I mean it's not 100 years or million years or even a billion.. or zillion and so forth. It's endless. It's frightening wallahi. That's why I just keep praying cause in don't wanna be in that place forever.

I don't remember the last time I missed a prayer.... Maybe 9 months ago.. i really don't remember. I'm fearful of that word in Koran "خالدين فيها ابدا" which means they will abide therein forever. Imagine living hellishly in that godforsaken place forever. I mean it's not 100 years or million years or even a billion.. or zillion and so forth. It's endless. It's frightening wallahi. That's why I just keep praying cause in don't wanna be in that place forever.

Hell is using the human survival instinct against us to conform to religion.

You shouldn't fear the islamic hell for the same reason you should fear the Christian hell.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Hell is using the human survival instinct against us to conform to religion.

You shouldn't fear the islamic hell for the same reason you should fear the Christian hell.
The Abrahamic religions are three; both Torah and Injeel went through drastic changes by their corrupted scholars. That's why Islam is the true faith since the Quran is unchanged and Allah promised he would preserve the Quran itself against all corruptions.

"Surely, We have revealed the 'Zhikr' (Quran), and surely, We will preserve it"15:9

Christianity and Judaism are no longer relevant.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
The Abrahamic religions are three; both Torah and Injeel went through drastic changes by their corrupted scholars. That's why Islam is the true faith since the Quran is unchanged and Allah promised he would preserve the Quran itself against all corruptions.

"Surely, We have revealed the 'Zhikr' (Quran), and surely, We will preserve it"15:9

Mashallah. The prayer is a sign of imaan. Imagine doing it for 70 years consistently. How many people can do that.

That is why the first thing a muslim will account for on the day of judgement is the swalah.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP

Allah(swa) guides whom he wills its up to her to listen.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP

We have certainly created man into hardship. 90:4

Does he think that never will anyone overcome him? 90:5

He says, "I have spent wealth in abundance." 90:6

Does he think that no one has seen him? 90:7

Have We not made for him two eyes? 90:8

And a tongue and two lips? 90:9

And have shown him the two ways? 90:10

But he has not broken through the difficult pass. 90:11

I don't remember the last time I missed a prayer.... Maybe 9 months ago.. i really don't remember. I'm fearful of that sentence in Koran "خالدين فيها ابدا" which means they will abide therein forever. Imagine living hellishly in that godforsaken place forever. I mean it's not 100 years or million years or even a billion.. or zillion and so forth. It's endless. It's frightening wallahi. That's why I just keep praying cause in don't wanna be in that place forever.
mashallah it must feel good to be able to say that

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP

MashaAllah bro. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending