Is it xasiid to your parents to not mary?

I don't want to marry and I don't think I'll change my mind but I do feel bad for my parents because they're really on it now (I'm male, 32 yrs old for reference)
I'm hoping one of my younger brothers will marry soon

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
It’s not xasiid if you don’t wanna get married, it’s your life not your parents.

My answer is NO.

I don't think anyone should force themselves onto a path that isn't suitable for them for the sake of pleasing their parents.

You're the one who has to carry the burden of marriage and children, not your parents, so you should be (or should have already since you're over 30) making your decision based on your own needs, wants and priorities.

you may have a legit reason not to marry. for example, you may not be ready financially. however, if you willfully reject marriage without a valid reason, you are going against the sunnah. further, what about your bloodline? I think no one should reject marriage without a valid reason. Marriage is part of the sunnah, half of the dīn.

I don't want to marry and I don't think I'll change my mind but I do feel bad for my parents because they're really on it now (I'm male, 32 yrs old for reference)
If it’s not to personal of a question, why don’t you want to get married exactly ?.

It was narrated from Aishah that:
the Messenger of Allah said: “Marriage is part of my sunnah, and whoever does not follow my sunnah has nothing to do with me. Get married, for I will boast of your great numbers before the nations. Whoever has the means, let him get married, and whoever does not, then he should fast for it will diminish his desire.”

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Forget about your parents, it's Xaasid upon yourself. If you are physically , mentally and financially capable of marriage why don't you get married. Why make yourself live a life of single good when you can have a partner to share life with.

Second of all yes it's Xaasid if you are your parents only son. You should want to give your parents grandchildren and give your father a continuation of his lineage.

However if you are avoiding marriage because you have a valid reason then thats a different story.

Some people are asexual and in those cases, marriage isn’t a necessity tbh and you’ll be making the life of your partner more difficult.

Sit down and figure out why you don’t want to marry.

Vapour

Habeen
Singledom will have you like this:
Escobar Spe GIF by hero0fwar

It's harder to make and maintain new friendships as you get older because you are not forcibly put into social situations where making friendships is the natural outcome. From around 0 to 25, you have ample opportunities to socialize as you have more free time. You meet more people (especially at uni), you can't ignore people you meet as they are in your class, and you are more likely to find people you can relate to due to being of a similar age. The new people you meet as you get older don't need what you have to offer to them in the way of socialization. Most friendships wither away as people get jobs and families. You will become incredibly lonely if you are not already.

In short: Abso-fucking-lutely. Get married.

Last edited:

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP

I feel you, I'm getting older now and I find it harder to get married. Healthwise and emotion wise , I don't want that baggage.

I got relatives on my moms side who didn't get married at the end of the day marriage is something we can't control but if it comes to you and you find your 1 you should go for it.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
If you are an only child yes. Otherwise you got siblings to give them grandchildren