Is it worth joining the SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently at university and will be entering the British army reserves soon.

I will either:

1) Serve as an officer or a regular for 3-4 years, going on to work in security in Somalia.

2) Join the SNA straight after university.

I'm not really bothered about the money, I just want to know how to go about physically enlisting into the SNA.

>inb4 fight for caare
I'll contemplate it if he's still around in 3 years.

>inb4 al shabab
idc about death.

>inb4 somaliland military
I'm not gonna die for something I dont believe in.

thread theme:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Join DANAB or professional NISA forces. Average SNA is full of Hütu mooryans

I'd say go for it. We need a western educated general or head of SIA. Just be sure wthat when you rise up the ranks you watch your back for jealous traitors and inspire your men by hiring the best men the country has to offer regardless of clan affiliation. If you do this then i promise you will be surrounded by the most honest and loyal nationalistic men, that will never betray you.

:salute:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I recommend joining the British forces first since you can get free training that is better than anything you'll find in Somalia. It would set you apart from other SNA recruits. I think it would be a mistake to pass that opportunity up and directly join the SNA.

Maybe go to military college and learn military strategy. You will be of more use doing stuff like that. Let the poor farmer who can't read fight on the frontlines.

Keep in mind that the SNA has a lot of problems, as others have already mentioned. Troops don't get regular support and payment which may not be an issue for you but will drive everyone in your unit mad and corrupt.

Lastly, never betray your clan. Authoritarian leaders like Siad Barre, Abdi Iley, and Muse Bihi love to use traitors against their own clan. Depending on which way the wind blows, you could be put in that position. Don't be that guy.

May Allah assist you on your path and protect you from the yellow eyed ones.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Don't do it. You will have SO's who are corrupt af and are working against you. Don't become cannon fodder. Do something productive with your life.

I'd say go for it. We need a western educated general or head of SIA. Just be sure wthat when you rise up the ranks you watch your back for jealous traitors and inspire your men by hiring the best men the country has to offer regardless of clan affiliation. If you do this then i promise you will be surrounded by the most honest and loyal nationalistic men, that will never betray you.

:salute:
haye haye abti

I recommend joining the British forces first since you can get free training that is better than anything you'll find in Somalia. It would set you apart from other SNA recruits. I think it would be a mistake to pass that opportunity up and directly join the SNA.

Maybe go to military college and learn military strategy. You will be of more use doing stuff like that. Let the poor farmer who can't read fight on the frontlines.

Keep in mind that the SNA has a lot of problems, as others have already mentioned. Troops don't get regular support and payment which may not be an issue for you but will drive everyone in your unit mad and corrupt.

Lastly, never betray your clan. Authoritarian leaders like Siad Barre, Abdi Iley, and Muse Bihi love to use traitors against their own clan. Depending on which way the wind blows, you could be put in that position. Don't be that guy.

May Allah assist you on your path and protect you from the yellow eyed ones.

inshallah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending