Is it weird that I want to start wearing the niqaab.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
For several reason. But the main one being; to escape the pressure of wearing make up.

It isn't compatible with the concept of Xijaab. It is so prevalent that I feel like many muslim women aren't aware/ easily gloss over this fact. Make up for women has slowly being incorporated into the official 'professional ' attire for women. Without it, one risks being deemed unprofessional/ low key sticking out in campus/work place.

Not to mention the peer pressure, almost every other girl (especially in the west) wears it on the daily. Apart from the fact that alot of those items used are literally harmful for the skin, the make up industry preys on women's insecurity, promotes the idea of self hate/ hiding your 'flaws'. It is also mainly a women's only product (aren't we supposed to be the prettier gender?) The social/professional pressure doesn't apply to men and begrudgingly this time, it isn't the men's fault. It is literally a culture promoted perpertuated and encouraged by us women..

With that being said, due to where I currently reside , I ofcoz won't be able to don one anytime soon. But I am a strong proponent of the niqaab concept, I wish it was popular amongst the muslim women in the west.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
would you like the Dune style niqab?
81c36597bf5392304fb4e7ed7ec27236.jpg

I
For several reason. But the main one being; to escape the pressure of wearing make up.

It isn't compatible with the concept of Xijaab. It is so prevalent that I feel like many muslim women aren't aware/ easily gloss over this fact. Make up for women has slowly being incorporated into the official 'professional ' attire for women. Without it, one risks being deemed unprofessional/ low key sticking out in campus/work place.

Not to mention the peer pressure, almost every other girl (especially in the west) wears it on the daily. Apart from the fact that alot of those items used are literally harmful for the skin, the make up industry preys on women's insecurity, promotes the idea of self hate/ hiding your 'flaws'. It is also mainly a women's only product (aren't we supposed to be the prettier gender?) The social/professional pressure doesn't apply to men and begrudgingly this time, it isn't the men's fault. It is literally a culture promoted perpertuated and encouraged by us women..

With that being said, due to where I currently reside , I ofcoz won't be able to don one anytime soon. But I am a strong proponent of the niqaab concept, I wish it was popular amongst the muslim women in the west.
I agree with that fact is makeup is a pressure that is between us girls. Why is it a big deal nowadays? I feel like I am from baadiyo when I am with other girls.

I am in the same shoes as you. I am so bad at make up I look terrible compare to my peers. while I can’t wear niqab because of this society’s fear of it I am absolutely loving my face masks lol I wear it everywhere and it’s black just like my abaya. If you have your own business go ahead wear your niqab.

I wanna do the same. I don’t wear makeup, except for more professional settings. But could careless about men’s approval. I love wearing the mask too, it’s like what is said is of significant. Not the typical looking at you up and down uff.

Do it with the main intention being to wear it as an act of worship to Allah. Same way we should be when wearing our jilbaab iyo xijaab.

I don’t wear it because I don’t feel I should be pressured to conform to a certain look that is mainstream. Like you said, it goes against the principle of a xijaab. I used to ask myself a lot as a kid why only women had to do all these things that were really unnecessary to be seen as professional. I fight against it everyday by choosing to forego it. I think my self-esteem is high due to liking my own skin Alxamdulilah.

Once you stop wearing makeup (even without the niqaab), you’ll feel a weight lifted off your shoulders and you’ll gradually become more comfortable being yourself in public.

I

I agree with that fact is makeup is a pressure that is between us girls. Why is it a big deal nowadays? I feel like I am from baadiyo when I am with other girls.
You are being true to yourself. Most people don’t want to stand out and try to fit in.

what you feel about being out of place is just an illusion since you didn't allow yourself fo appreciate your unmade up face yet . I never wear makeup so I am accustomed to my natural face and have been taking care of it for years, I have never felt that my face looks worse than anyone elses when out in public.

if you want to wear niqab go for it, but dont let anyone else pressure you into wearing makeup. if they judge you they are only displaying their own insecurities and internalized misogyny. a lot of women are sacrifcing their skin and health underneath the make up to please strangers - its not worth it.

Sheikh Trump said it best "Wah" and no make up!
The burqa also acts as a sun screen.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
what you feel about being out of place is just an illusion since you didn't allow yourself fo appreciate your unmade up face yet . I never wear makeup so I am accustomed to my natural face and have been taking care of it for years, I have never felt that my face looks worse than anyone elses when out in public.

if you want to wear niqab go for it, but dont let anyone else pressure you into wearing makeup. if they judge you they are only displaying their own insecurities and internalized misogyny. a lot of women are sacrifcing their skin and health underneath the make up to please strangers - its not worth it.
I dont put on make up alxamdullilah. The wording in my OP might be a bit off. I'm just afraid the pressure to do would eventually mount on. It is weird that being without one makes one feel out of place in some surroundings. I like my natural face alx.

Last edited:
I dont put on make up alxamdullilah. The wording in my OP might be a bit off. I'm just afraid the pressure to do would eventually mount on. It is weird that being without one makes one feel out of place in some surroundings. I like my natural face alx.
I understand What I do is I comb my eyebrows, and shape them with my hand, exfoliate my lips and moisturize it, moisturize my face and take care of my undereyes . The combination of wild eyebrows, dry lips, dry skin and tired eyes can make you look like you just "rolled out of bed" but if you take care of those things, it gives the no makeup makeup look. clean, fresh and simple lol

Trending