Is it weird that i lowkey wish there were a Somali community in big cities in USA

Why is this a shock I have family in Texas and Georgia. Somalis in North America tend to be more spread out

Its probably because in the UK, we normally only hear of Somalis in Minnesota, Ohio, Maine, San Diego and Seattle.

I know that Somalis are also in weird places in the Midwest but Texas was just weird to me for some reason.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Why is this a shock I have family in Texas and Georgia. Somalis in North America tend to be more spread out
Most of the one's I've met seem to be from MN or Ohio although going by the most recent stats I've seen those are only two areas where Somali's are concentrated. Arizona, Texas and few other states had a sizable population.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Its probably because in the UK, we normally only hear of Somalis in Minnesota, Ohio, Maine, San Diego and Seattle.

I know that Somalis are also in weird places in the Midwest but Texas was just weird to me for some reason.
Most of the one's I've met seem to be from MN or Ohio although going by the most recent stats I've seen those are only two areas where Somali's are concentrated. Arizona, Texas and few other states had a sizable population.
No you guys are right it’s usually those places that have big Somali communities. Now you will hear places like Florida,Texas, Arizona,nashville and even Wisconsin with sizeable Somali communities now. :dead:

Posts like these come from mfs who know nothing about America. Minnesota is the best place for Somalis in America by far. It’s the only place in the diaspora where Somalis have local politics in a headlock and are homeowners.

There’s 16 fortunate 500 companies in Minnesota, some of the biggest names like Target, Best Buy, Excel Energy, General Mills and US Bank are based here, it’s the second largest economy in the Midwest. Despite all that the area is relatively affordable. Somalis actually benefit from living here unlike London, Toronto and Seattle.

there's only 1.8k somalis in San Diego as it says on a website I checked mostly in city heights. And all the other cities you mentioned the somali population is tiny not many there. I'm talking about a large community. They don't exist. The only big city in the world with a huge somali population is London which makes sense since we always hear about them and no one else.
1.8k Somalis? :what1: Are you sure about that? theirs probably 1.8k Somalis that live in my neighborhood area alone lol. I live in cholla creek right next to city heights & every single apartment complex in my neighborhood is full of Somalis & Somali bantus lol it’s not even just city heights, but cholla creek, Colina del sol, oak park & the whole east San Diego in general. San Diego has atleast 20,000 Somalis according to this article from 2020
(although they most likely included Somali bantus in the same demographics as ethnic Somalis, theirs a large bantu community here too.) another article from 2020 says theirs 10,000 Somalis (most likely excluding Somali bantus) https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/mar/26/san-diegos-somali-community-desperate-help-coronav/

San Diego has the 4th largest Somali diaspora in the USA population wise.

there's no somalis in LA as so many somalis themselves said this just because you went to one somalo restaurant doenst mean there's a community there.
True their isn’t no Somali community at all in LA But I know thier is some Somali people that live in Orange County (LA metro area) they live in Santa Ana, Anaheim, Irvine etc, probably not a lot tho no more then few hundreds of them or even less than that.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Florida is trash. The state is full of seniors (old retired people) and Cubans who think they are white. New York is over crowded and full of rats not to mention it’s not suitable for somalis since they have big families. Cali is for young tech folks. By the way I went to New York for a work shop and met a Somali guy in Manhattan , who moved from California.

The birthplace of the modern KKK Stonemountain, GA has a sizeable population of Somalis.

The full body's of three Confederate Army generals and a canoe are carved into the side of this mountain. It's a beautiful hike but I went during the day for safety reasons.

They owned their own supermarkets, butchers , mosque and a handful of health and law practitioners.

In Harlem New York there's an area called little Africa that was established by a Somali back in the late 70's. The Bantu/WA expansion has since then taken over.
giphy.gif

OP Im sorry but you have no idea what your talking about. Minnesota is nice. It has everything and a lot of opportunities. I’m glad Somalis are there instead of the rat race that is NYC. Same goes for Seattle, it’s nice over there too.

VA and Atlanta has a bunch of Somalis. So does San Jose. Dallas will soon have a lot of Somalis as they’ve been moving there a lot.

Posts like these come from mfs who know nothing about America. Minnesota is the best place for Somalis in America by far. It’s the only place in the diaspora where Somalis have local politics in a headlock and are homeowners.

There’s 16 fortunate 500 companies in Minnesota, some of the biggest names like Target, Best Buy, Excel Energy, General Mills and US Bank are based here, it’s the second largest economy in the Midwest. Despite all that the area is relatively affordable. Somalis actually benefit from living here unlike London, Toronto and Seattle.
While Seattle is expensive, the job market is nice. Somali Kids outta college are making 6 figures.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
OP Im sorry but you have no idea what your talking about. Minnesota is nice. It has everything and a lot of opportunities. I’m glad Somalis are there instead of the rat race that is NYC. Same goes for Seattle, it’s nice over there too.

VA and Atlanta has a bunch of Somalis. So does San Jose. Dallas will soon have a lot of Somalis as they’ve been moving there a lot.
Are the somalis that are moving to Dallas fobs from Dadaab or from other states?

Trending