Is it weird that i lowkey wish there were a Somali community in big cities in USA

As most of you know theres virtually no Somalis in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami etc which is crazy to me as we all initially thought theres Somali communities worldwide, but i know if all the hardworking somalis lived in those major cities we would have thrived soo well since in those places job opportunities are much more available but unfortunatley we got the crap states with little to no opportunities full of red necks that are out to get us and beside we stick out like sore thumb in MN. The only negative thing would be we would turn like reer london and get into so much beef with every race and be triple well known and attract more attention and beside who would want to see qaxootis strolling around Miami with bargain bin jilbaab, so i have mixed reviews but still think is better to live in any of those cities than minnehopeless
Theirs plenty of Somalis that live in large cities across the USA.

There is a Somali community in Chicago (3rd largest city in the USA by population) (2.7 million residents) I’m not sure how big the community is there but I randomly seen a Somali man in downtown chicago last time I went out there.

theirs also a big Somali community in Phoenix Arizona area (5th largest city in the USA by population) (1.6 million residents)

also I know theirs atleast 10,000 Somalis living here in San Diego, California where I live (8th largest city in the USA by population) (1.4million population)
Theirs another Somali population in San Jose, California (10th largest city in the USA by population, about 1 million residents
theirs also a decent Somali community in Dallas Texas (9th largest city in the USA by population) (1.3million residents)

if you think I’m lying you can simply google these communities.

Also there are tons of Somali families in Los Angela’s, New York, dmv, San Diego, Houston and Atlanta. They are just not on public display.
Facts their actually is Somalis that live in LA last time I went to Inglewood (a city next too LA) i was eating at a Somali restaurant. Theirs also some Somalis who live in cities in Orange County (irvine, Anaheim, garden grove, Santa ana etc) which is considered LA metro area, most of those Somalis who live in Orange County came in the late 80’s/early 90’s era

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Theirs plenty of Somalis that live in large cities across the USA.

There is a Somali community in Chicago (3rd largest city in the USA by population) (2.7 million residents) I’m not sure how big the community is there but I randomly seen a Somali man in downtown chicago last time I went out there.

theirs also a big Somali community in Phoenix Arizona area (5th largest city in the USA by population) (1.6 million residents)

also I know theirs atleast 10,000 Somalis living here in San Diego, California where I live (8th largest city in the USA by population) (1.4million population)
Theirs another Somali population in San Jose, California (10th largest city in the USA by population, about 1 million residents
theirs also a decent Somali community in Dallas Texas (9th largest city in the USA by population) (1.3million residents)

if you think I’m lying you can simply google these communities.
there's only 1.8k somalis in San Diego as it says on a website I checked mostly in city heights. And all the other cities you mentioned the somali population is tiny not many there. I'm talking about a large community. They don't exist. The only big city in the world with a huge somali population is London which makes sense since we always hear about them and no one else.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Facts their actually is Somalis that live in LA last time I went to Inglewood (a city next too LA) i was eating at a Somali restaurant. Theirs also some Somalis who live in cities in Orange County (irvine, Anaheim, garden grove, Santa ana etc) which is considered LA metro area, most of those Somalis who live in Orange County came in the late 80’s/early 90’s era
there's no somalis in LA as so many somalis themselves said this just because you went to one somalo restaurant doenst mean there's a community there.

Good thing there is no somalis in the major cities of Usa, we would be 10x more known, we became world wide famous due to the blm riots and london incels, anymore publicity would lead me to cardiac arrest:jaynerd:

Big cities are not good for immigrants, even more so for refugees. Minnesota has been the perfect place for somalis to establish themselves and propel to financial succes. Only downside is the weather. I would suggest moving to Texas and establish a community there.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Big cities are not good for immigrants, even more so for refugees. Minnesota has been the perfect place for somalis to establish themselves and propel to financial succes. Only downside is the weather. I would suggest moving to Texas and establish a community there.
Texas is huuuge we would be even more known and besides is too late i doubt a hurdle of somalis would move to tx. So far the one place where somalis are publically known and big is London due to the population being similar to nyc so more buuq and qeylo

Texas is huuuge we would be even more known and besides is too late i doubt a hurdle of somalis would move to tx. So far the one place where somalis are publically known and big is London due to the population being similar to nyc so more buuq and qeylo

Ideally somalis, especially educated diaspora youth would move to the suburbs and lockdown some neighbourhoods. Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio are good cities. After taking over some neighbourhoods we would move on to others. Other educated diaspora youth around the world could then move here. Gradual takeover. Educated people would ensure our rep would be good. This is a dream of mine, city full of diaspora people, all of us abd global:wow:but this is just a dream.

London is better than nyc, if nyc had the numbers of the london population, you would have seen 50 cent rapping about somali shooters and the beautiful women kkk

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Ideally somalis, especially educated diaspora youth would move to the suburbs and lockdown some neighbourhoods. Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio are good cities. After taking over some neighbourhoods we would move on to others. Other educated diaspora youth around the world could then move here. Gradual takeover. Educated people would ensure our rep would be good. This is a dream of mine, city full of diaspora people, all of us abd global:wow:but this is just a dream.

London is better than nyc, if nyc had the numbers of the london population, you would have seen 50 cent rapping about somali shooters and the beautiful women kkk
Canadian rappers like drake l, Tory lanez have spoken about Somalis forgetting toronri is another major city and than we have cardi b who spoke about Somalis despite their being no somalis in nyc so is more to do with our social media presence which makes everyone thinks we are in every major cities in the world

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Somalis are in Minnesotans because of the opportunities, I’m assuming OP isn’t from the states otherwise he/she would have known why living in NYC or LA isn’t ideal. I was born in SD and back in the early 90s the Somali population there was huge but most of them relocated to MN same with the south many Somalis relocated from TN to Midwest.

Canadian rappers like drake l, Tory lanez have spoken about Somalis forgetting toronri is another major city and than we have cardi b who spoke about Somalis despite their being no somalis in nyc so is more to do with our social media presence which makes everyone thinks we are in every major cities in the world

I think cardi b was referring to something else that sounds just like somali, it was just coincidence. If we would have been mire law abidinG citizens, we would not have been mentioned by drake and tory. Our online presence has definitely grown due to large numbers of somalis and random people getting to know us due to blm riots and troll accounts

Big cities like NY n LA are not family friendly plus its expensive..also high crime etc..so it makes sense for them to settle in the Midwest states/cities.

One of my colleagues in the UK visited LA and Houston last year and came back telling me that there was a nice sized Somali community in both cities.

I told him that these may be Ethiopians and he was like, nope. They were definitely Somali as they ate at one of the Somali restaurants there and prayed at a Somali mosque.

I was well surprised. Didn't know that Somalis were running around in Texas of all places 🤣.

Have also heard about Somalis in Atlanta bisinka.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
One of my colleagues in the UK visited LA and Houston last year and came back telling me that there was a nice sized Somali community in both cities.

I told him that these may be Ethiopians and he was like, nope. They were definitely Somali as they ate at one of the Somali restaurants there and prayed at a Somali mosque.

I was well surprised. Didn't know that Somalis were running around in Texas of all places 🤣.

Have also heard about Somalis in Atlanta bisinka.
Why is this a shock I have family in Texas and Georgia. Somalis in North America tend to be more spread out

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
to make 68nimo more mainstream and widespread?

no thnks, minnedishu has already done more than enough for one place

if somalis were in places like nyc,the dmv, texas or other major cities, the degeneracy would just have a bigger audience. think of it like london somalis and how they embarass themsleves daily in the company of hella ajnabis in their multicultuural huge society. ur idea ur putting forward will just be uk somalis on steroids.

the only major huge city that somalis semi thrive in is toronto, but even there theres hella gangbangers and lowlives, but at least somalis dont tarnish and ruin the somali magac there

Somalis are in Texas and the DMV ( has Somalis who arrived earlier in the US i.e 80s). I like Somalis with smaller close knit and manageable communities TBH.

Trending