Is it weird that i lowkey wish there were a Somali community in big cities in USA

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
I know families personally it’s 2021 not 1991. They live in la suburbs Anaheim and Irvine. Also plenty in San Jose too. Nyc has lots of Somalis in UN positions and some moved from dc to nyc. I literally got siblings born in Atlanta lol
i never said theres zero somalis in those places but theyre very very tiny to the point you can count with your eyes closed and plenty of people came out on twitter and said there is no somali community in nyc and finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack.

i would die of heart attack because i know somalis dont exist in Florida never in my life have i heard of any somalis from florida or las vegas
You don’t gotta know them, I know them personally they have been there since the 90’s. There’s even some on clubhouse. It’s 2021.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
They're somalis all over , just not in large populations.
i know we are everywhere is just weird how theres not a single decent somali population in any of the major us cities. Thats why i always was confused why we hardly ever here of reer usa or ajanabi in the usa talk about us because you lot dont exist there. Wheras reer uk we always hear from them theres not a day passes by without someone being exposed there or an ajanabi somali beef is because the uk has the largest somali diaspora in the west in london alone theres 100k and we know London is even bigger than nyc... it all makes sense now

i know we are everywhere is just weird how theres not a single decent somali population in any of the major us cities. Thats why i always was confused why we hardly ever here of reer usa or ajanabi in the usa talk about us because you lot dont exist there. Wheras reer uk we always hear from them theres not a day passes by without someone being exposed there or an ajanabi somali beef is because the uk has the largest somali diaspora in the west in london alone theres 100k and we know London is even bigger than nyc... it all makes sense now
Have you been to America?

The cities you mentioned have a higher COL & generations stuck renting because it's all they know. If Somalis had settled in NYC en masse instead of Ohio/MN etc., they'd probably still be in the projects. It makes sense for newcomers to establish roots in affordable (and safer) cities instead of fighting tooth & nail to live in a flashy city with little to nothing to your name.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
The cities you mentioned have a higher COL & generations stuck renting because it's all they know. If Somalis had settled in NYC en masse instead of Ohio/MN etc., they'd probably still be in the projects. It makes sense for newcomers to establish roots in affordable (and safer) cities instead of fighting tooth & nail to live in a flashy city with little to nothing to your name.
im talking about all the wealthy somalis (if they even exist) move to those major cities than we would have been on the same level as the arabs in NYC just take a look at Yemenis they arrived to nyc in the late 2000s and now they have the entire bodega on lock they have completely taken over that would have been us if we were ambitious people.

i agree is good to form your own community and not to assimilate my only probelm is what somalis wear and not make yourself a bit presentable like i get people can wear whatever they want but honestly wearing worn out jilbaab for the sake of being lazy will only draw racists to attack us further like why is it so hard to wear hijab and long skirt not hard. And if were a lot in NYC we would have still stuck together like reer London there would be no difference
Ajnabis/muslims talk shit about colourful jilbaabs (aka power rangers) somali women wear, few years later you see muslims wearing colourful jilbaabs with ease and comfort.

Ajnabis talk about banana and rice, we defend ourselves, a few years later out of the blue you see other ajnabis having banana with the cultural food :jaynerd:
Shit makes no sense walahi.
I advise every somali girl to remember it's them who brought colourful jilbaabs to the west and no one else.

California there is a small somali community e.g san diego but most are moving out because of the cost lol cheap skates
Idk why you're trying to make it a somali thing. Everyone with a brain is leaving California for better and more affordable states

to make 68nimo more mainstream and widespread?

no thnks, minnedishu has already done more than enough for one place

if somalis were in places like nyc,the dmv, texas or other major cities, the degeneracy would just have a bigger audience. think of it like london somalis and how they embarass themsleves daily in the company of hella ajnabis in their multicultuural huge society. ur idea ur putting forward will just be uk somalis on steroids.

the only major huge city that somalis semi thrive in is toronto, but even there theres hella gangbangers and lowlives, but at least somalis dont tarnish and ruin the somali magac there

Wtf they got the fucking mayor on crack

People just dislike reer UK for no reason when we’re the ones who actually represent Somalis well in the diaspora. Mo Farah etc while Canada have gang members and the US has Ilhan

Apollo

VIP
I have lived both in urban, suburban, and rural settings. Trust me that quality of life for raising a family is 100x better for the latter two. Urban areas are disgusting with a lot more crime and degeneracy.

Trending