Is it a good idea to focus on developing xamar?

Not that it shouldn’t have any developments, but, I was thinking wouldn’t it be better if xamar was known for being the low key political hub that focuses on it being a secure location much like the Washington DC is in the U.S. But the most developed city in terms of business should be a different city.

It seems like people are going crazy investing into hamar because it’s the capital but if we had a city with no political affliction that wasn’t a dust bowl that would be nice. It always seems like the most developed city in any region is the one that claims the capital...lol. Is it something about the structure of somalia that makes it this way, or is it because of somalis and their never ending search for power that presidency is the only thing that makes them whole?

And before any one says anything dumb like people should start developing their own regions, it’s already too late for that talk since a lot of people have lived in and contributed to the Mogadishu of today because of the obsession with the capital, presidency and idealization of “xamar cadey”. it is what it is, but, looking towards the future..any ideas?

Last edited:
Not that it shouldn’t have any developments, but, I was thinking wouldn’t it be better if xamar was known for being the low key political hub that focuses on it being a secure location much like the Washington DC is in the U.S. But the most developed city in terms of business should be a different city.

It seems like people are going crazy investing into hamar because it’s the capital but if we had a city with no political affliction that wasn’t a dust bowl that would be nice. It always seems like the most developed city in any region is the one that claims the capital...lol. Is it something about the structure of somalia that makes it this way, or is it because of somalis and their never ending search for power that presidency is the only thing that makes them whole?

And before any one says anything dumb like people should start developing their own regions, it’s already too late for that talk since a lot of people have lived in and contributed to the Mogadishu of today because of the obsession with the capital, presidency and idealization of “xamar cadey”. it is what it is, but, looking towards the future..any ideas?
Most of xamars investements are by hawiye and it is mostly abgaal and habar gidir who control the city economically and militarily. Other hawiyes come in after, followed by D&M. Then u have some darood (mostly MX). Other Somalis invest into their home regions

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

Xamar may be the most developed l and an eviction hub for the South but for the North is Berbera & Hargeisa with Laascaanood & Garowe coming up nothing really in the middle

Most of xamars investements are by hawiye and it is mostly abgaal and habar gidir who control the city economically and militarily. Other hawiyes come in after, followed by D&M. Then u have some darood (mostly MX). Other Somalis invest into their home regions
compare xamar pre turkish to now, its changed a lot. I’m not saying locals don’t invest but let’s be real, mogadishu has always been a place with a large foreign presence and also being the capital with a lot of resources poured into THAT is why it is one of the most developed. And 2, I really am not concerned with which tribes control it or whatever because a lot of somali people people still see it as their capital and have family that lived their at one point and maybe owned property at one point but I think they should move away from this either way.

compare xamar pre turkish to now, its changed a lot. I’m not saying locals don’t invest but let’s be real, mogadishu has always been a place with a large foreign presence and also being the capital with a lot of resources poured into THAT is why it is one of the most developed. And 2, I really am not concerned with which tribes control it or whatever because a lot of somali people people still see it as their capital and have family that lived their at one point and maybe owned property at one point but I think they should move away from this either way.

Yhh I agree with u hargeisa is massive as well nowadays. They need to sort out their roads but it is a 1 million + city no doubt about it. And xamar I believe will expand rapidly as people from all over Somalia go their for uni businesses etc. As a federal country, you can argue that every region should be developed equally and at an equal pace. In every country however, the capital attracts the young and ambitious and it will benefit the whole country as everyone will use their money to invest back in their home region

[
Yhh I agree with u hargeisa is massive as well nowadays. They need to sort out their roads but it is a 1 million + city no doubt about it. And xamar I believe will expand rapidly as people from all over Somalia go their for uni businesses etc. As a federal country, you can argue that every region should be developed equally and at an equal pace. In every country however, the capital attracts the young and ambitious and it will benefit the whole country as everyone will use their money to invest back in their home region
it would suit the country better if it was like the us where the national and state capitals are in more obscure locations and the business/tech centers another city. Look at Washington D.C., Albany,Sacramento,Salem, and Olympia, compared nyc, LA, Boston and Seattle

If you look at the history from why DC was chosen as the capital, you’ll see why it’s important for Somalia to consider a “second” city that isn’t already a regional capital.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Xamar may be the most developed l and an eviction hub for the South but for the North is Berbera & Hargeisa with Laascaanood & Garowe coming up nothing really in the middle

This non-stop jealousy of PL won't make SL better. Help your people not talk about las anod or garowe. Hamar knows the truth who is in their kitchens it's not DARODS sxb, darod economy if it was so bad they would be waiters and cleaners in hargeisa and hamar. This is nonsense idea that darod is poor yet doesn't occupy any low sector positions. GDP wise is about your people wealth not 10 rich business men. They have different understanding of economics somalidu not the one the world measures people on and groups u as first, second, third world. To be first world everyone has to have 1000 dollars in theyre pocket weekly, who is closest to that? garowe. We provide the data to west and getted graded first world while somalia the rest get graded 10 rich men and 1 dollar average ppl like hargeisa. 1000 DOLLAR EACH MAJERTEN AND THEN 10 RICH MAJERTENS IS WHAT I WANT. THEN I CAN ADD 10 MAJERTENS TO BUY 1 ISAAQ RICH MAN, WHILE THE 1 DOLLAR ISAAQ U COMBINE THEM TOGETHER AND 1 MJ CAN BUY THEM.

Hamar are not stupid @Lex Luther do u buy into this ID22R shit when u see them as cooks and cleaners in hamar, why is he there if hargeisa is rich, it makes no sense. His also in garowe n bosaso. But noone goes to hargeisa our local people and work there, they know hargeisa is poor.

I don't see much hope in Hamar, I spoke to my abti and he said people are poor but not as poor as hargeisa as they not working as lowly waiters or kitchen hand or cooks, they dont travel to other towns in Somalia looking for work meaning the economy isnt much different. except rahanwayn who are really poor and do travel for work, other then isaaq is next poorest, then hawiye, then darod.Untill u can show one darod coming for work in hargeisa or hamar other then TOP POSITIONS, not average people moving, u hold no data for the world to convince. U working on fake narratives means u fall behind since your not working on true data and cant win. I love it somalis false narrative is theyre weaknesss, and as majerten if we use real data we can continue to inherit more as they get dismissed by the world as 'not provable

Last edited:

Macalin M

Out here
Once the Federal states and the Govt has more unity between them there can be more grand scale development as resources can be distributed nicely.

but either way (in addition to what @Gabz19988 said) it’s mostly local companies that do development in Xamar. And you can’t exactly tell them to do it elsewhere.

but either way (in addition to what @Gabz19988 said) it’s mostly local companies that do development in Xamar. And you can’t exactly tell them to do it elsew
so it just so happen that the people who live in that city are the only ones who have entrepreneurial spirits, everyone else just sits around or... maybe somalia has collected all its eggs into that basket since it independence days?