HISTORY Is imam ahmed the greatest ruler in the Horn of Africa ?

Pagan, Christianity, Islam leaders
Does imam Ahmed rank above everyone else ?
I’ve seen Christians even claim him as well as every Muslim tribes in Horn of Africa.

I don’t think there is no leader who has this much fame as imam ahmed even Selassie apparently had of dream of him :dead:

Pagan, Christianity, Islam leaders
Does imam Ahmed rank above everyone else ?
I’ve seen Christians even claim him as well as every Muslim tribes in Horn of Africa.

I don’t think there is no leader who has this much fame as imam ahmed even Selassie apparently had of dream of him :dead:
Is he Somali ? Never heard of him

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Old enough what’s his full name are you referring to ahmed gurey ?
No i was referring to you. Ahmed gurey is a well known hero among us somalis so it's kind of weird how you never even heard of his name. I assume you're young which would explain why you've never heard of him.

No i was referring to you. Ahmed gurey is a well known hero among us somalis so it's kind of weird how you never even heard of his name. I assume you're young which would explain why you've never heard of him.
I’ve heard of ahmed gurey before I just confused you said imam ahmed wasn’t sure if you were referring to him or not

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IMG_1503.jpeg

During his rule Imam Ahmed ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi conquered more territory than most other known Somali leaders. The Awdal Sultanate stretched from Xaafuun to Port Sudan on the Red Sea, and well into Shewa & Gojjam bordering Sudan. It was truly an expansive state.

His successor Nur Ibn Mujahid had Emperor Gelawdewos beheaded & gained more Ethiopian territory in the battle of Fatagar in 1559. Everything was going our way before the Oromos came. If it weren't for the Oromos, Abyssinia would've had a Somali dynasty & been majority Muslim.

Last edited:

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP

Why don't the vast majority call him somali though, i was reading a thread awhile back on here and on twitter where some were saying he was oromo others afar. Is it because theres not much written stuff about him ?

Garaad diinle

 
Why don't the vast majority call him somali though, i was reading a thread awhile back on here and on twitter where some were saying he was oromo others afar. Is it because theres not much written stuff about him ?
Right on the money. The imam ethnicity isn't mentioned anywhere but he led somalis and intermarried with them. Since his ethnicity isn't explicitly mentioned a lot of people tend to claim him. Now i might call him somali which is highly likely but in reality he could very well be of another ethnicity such as harari etc. Nobody can tell you for sure all we've got is guess work.

Right on the money. The imam ethnicity isn't mentioned anywhere but he led somalis and intermarried with them. Since his ethnicity isn't explicitly mentioned a lot of people tend to claim him. Now i might call him somali which is highly likely but in reality he could very well be of another ethnicity such as harari etc. Nobody can tell you for sure all we've got is guess work.
Apparently his tribe is mentioned and where he was born so according to that he is 100% Somali.

Seexwale karanele

Garaad diinle

 
Apparently his tribe is mentioned and where he was born so according to that he is 100% Somali.

Seexwale karanele
Yes he was born in hubaat a somali town now part of oromia and the locals have a karanle abtirsi of the imam. Still i wouldn't call that an absolute proof rather it's highly likely and i personally lean towards it. For me to fully believe this i would need a document of at least the late 19th century stating the full name of the imam and his ethnicity.

Hamzza

VIP
Yes he was born in hubaat a somali town now part of oromia and the locals have a karanle abtirsi of the imam. Still i wouldn't call that an absolute proof rather it's highly likely and i personally lean towards it. For me to fully believe this i would need a document of at least the late 19th century stating the full name of the imam and his ethnicity.
How do you know who lives in Hubat and their abtirsi?

Imams lineage was thoroughly studied and documented. Hobat (Adari) belongs to Karanle. Balaw alway existed and still do. They are as real of a clan as Dhulbahante, Habargidir etc.

I’ve heard Ethiopian/arab/European and even harari claiming he is Somali from karanle tribe . I think that’s enough proof from the scholars

Trending