Is forcing yourself on your wife considered rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
TO millions she was the luckiest woman alive - married to Bob Marley, the international superstar of reggae, recognised the world over as a living icon.

But for Rita Marley life with the "Negus" of reggae was far from a fairytale, as she watched the man she dearly loved disown and betray her at every turn.

When she tried to put her foot down by denying him sex until he stopped playing around, the young Jamaican adored by millions as a peace-loving legend forced his way into her home and raped her.

Talking publicly for the first time about that day in 1973, Rita, now 57, says: "Bob wouldn't take no for an answer. He said to me, 'No, you're my wife and you're supposed to.' So he forced himself on me, and I call that rape. Afterwards I felt so terrible. I screamed at him, 'I hate you, I hate you!'"

The rape happened after years of Marley's cheating with a stream of women, many of whom bore his children.

But despite everything, Rita insists she still adores him as much as the day they first met in 1965.

"
Just because he did these things and cheated on me doesn't mean he was a bad husband. He always provided for me, always gave me anything I wanted.

"But he was corrupted by showbusiness, by the girls who would throw themselves at him. This is what I've come to understand."

The Cuban-born Alpharita Anderson met Robert Nesta Marley when she was 18 and he was 19, in the Trenchtown ghetto of Kingston, Jamaica. Robbie was the shy guitarist of local "rocksteady" group the Wailing Wailers, who would pass Rita's house every day on their way to the studio.

One day, Rita and her friends stopped the group and performed an impromptu song - Bob was immediately won over. He invited them to sing backing vocals on some tracks they were recording and the pair soon became lovers.

"We were so in love. Bob was so romantic and faithful, and I thought we would always be like that. We'd be rehearsing and looking into each other's eyes and singing, and then we'd put our mouths to each others'. It was magic."

In 1966 the couple had an "impulse" wedding. From then until 1972, when Bob signed to Island Records, Rita sold his early recordings from a makeshift record shop at their house.

When international stardom arrived she toured the world with him as one of his I-Threes backing singers.

Days before a peace concert in Kingston in 1976, she was caught in the crossfire when a gang of youths tried to assassinate Bob. Rita was shot in the head and was lucky to survive.

In the early days, Rita would wash Bob's only pair of underpants by hand every night in the tank outside their first house in St Ann.

But as Bob Marley and the Wailers earned global fame, Rita could only look on helplessly as the husband she adored succumbed to its trappings. "Every country he'd go to Bob would meet the Miss So-and-so or the local beauty queen. And then at night, she's there, in the bedroom, and then the next morning she's still there.

"And of course I'd be there too because I was a backing singer in his group as well as his wife. So I would see all this going on and it would really hurt, the jealousy."

Once, asked by a New York newspaper about his wife, Bob replied: "Oh no - Rita's my sister."

"For most of the time I was Mrs Marley, but it was only a title, nothing more. I considered divorcing him many times. I just thought, 'To hell with this', especially when he started bring back the babies of women he'd got pregnant, wanting me to look after them.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/THE+...:+My+husband+Bob+Marley+raped+me.-a0114763731

Rape is natural part of life if homosexual can f*ck each other why can't we rape?
Homos excuse is some animals are gay but some animals are also rapist
Fellow sspotters already had a discussion about what animal they prefer to rape them
:gucciwhat:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Remove the word "wife" from this sentence and replace it with just about any noun and the answer will be the same,

Is forcing yourself on your business partner considered rape?
Is forcing yourself on your school teacher considered rape?
Is forcing yourself on your cousin considered rape?
Is forcing yourself on your imam considered rape?

VixR

Veritas
All these popular figures that are lauded as greats always have awful laundry in their closets that blackens them. Kulaha one love. All the world is touched by evil

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Well I've gone right off him. Strangely enough my man was wearing a Bob Marley shirt today, I'm going to make him throw it away.

Gibiin-Udug

Rape is natural part of life if homosexual can f*ck each other why can't we rape?
Homos excuse is some animals are gay but some animals are also rapist
Fellow sspotters already had a discussion about what animal they prefer to rape them
:gucciwhat:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wallahi you need help. This isn't funny.

Gibiin-Udug

All these popular figures that are lauded as greats always have awful laundry in their closets that blackens them. Kulaha one love. All the world is touched by evil
The sad part is this. This legit made me sad..

Just because he did these things and cheated on me doesn't mean he was a bad husband. He always provided for me, always gave me anything I wanted

He is supposed to provide for you and give you everything you want because he is your husband!! Doesn't give him the excuse to do trifling shit...

Vision

If its on mainstream media, don't believe it
275345_o.gif

VixR

Veritas
The sad part is this. This legit made me sad..

He is supposed to provide for you and give you everything you want because he is your husband!! Doesn't give him the excuse to do trifling shit...
She's rationalizing. It's not just a physical crime, it also fucks with the victim mentally, so to speak, and that isn't helped by the fact that it's usually someone known to them.

Three/Four decades ago, men didn't consider it as rape and from a legal and moral standpoint, they saw it as persuading 'roughly' your wife/partner. It was an era when the world was considered, "it's a man man's world' and their words was sacrosanct. With the mass education of women, Feminism has attempted to change and challenge the status-quo and one of their majo target was spousal rape. They succeeded men to recognise their actions and attitudes towards women to have been awful and began listening to them and changing the laws. One of the successful campaigns of feminists. Back then, Bob Marley's attitude towards spousal rape could be understood within that historical context. He was part of a male generation that viewed their wives/partners as no more than sexual partners.

What do religion (all religions) say about spousal rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts