Is Female Genital Mutilation Is Wrong?

Is FGM Wrong?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the mothers that allow this shit to happen, and not fathers nacaala. :O27GWRK:
Get your facts straight.:axvmm9o:
The mothers are the victims and got it done to them when they were just kids. It was embarrassing for them to not have it done and it's not the norm to not do it. I'd be outrageous if you didn't do it. To them it would be ruining their childrens future. Same with the fathers. Blame our society because no one is born wanting this.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I know some Somali women justify it by saying they do a less severe version where they clip off the outer part of the clitoris, like the outermost tip. I'd rather it not be done at all though.

FGM comes from hadiths in Sahih collections. This inhuman practice is defended by wadaads. Hadith books should be revised to expunge barbaric customs like FGM, stoning, beheading, and other human rights abuses. Only the Quran is divine. Sahih Bukhari is a man made book with errors and contradictions.

BANTU

+op MVLI
@BANTU explain yourself nacalaa. Aren't you female?
It's complicated. I cant say it's outright wrong although I lean that way.

Male circumcision and female circumcision are more or less the same in concept, it's just in execution one is more drastic than the other.

I also don't like the fact that male circumcision is defended because it's sunnah and female circumcision is decried because its cultural.

It's complicated nacalaa

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
It's complicated. I cant say it's outright wrong although I lean that way.

Male circumcision and female circumcision are more or less the same in concept, it's just in execution one is more drastic than the other.

I also don't like the fact that male circumcision is defended because it's sunnah and female circumcision is decried because its cultural.

It's complicated nacalaa
Not the same concept. Male circumcision has health benefits whereas female circumcision has negative consequences.The difference seems logical to me :manny:

BANTU

+op MVLI
Not the same concept. Male circumcision has health benefits whereas female circumcision has negative consequences.The difference seems logical to me :manny:
Trust it's not that simple. You think ritualistic circumcision started for health benefits? It's supposedly tens of thousands years old.

The health benefits aren't that deep. You live in Europe ask your friends if they're dying from their uncut penises.

And the argument has been made that male circumcision negatively (although minorly) affects the male sexual experience.

So the parallels are there, people just react viscerally to one because it's not normalized in the West.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Trust it's not that simple. You think ritualistic circumcision started for health benefits? It's supposedly tens of thousands years old.

The health benefits aren't that deep. You live in Europe ask your friends if they're dying from their uncut penises.

And the argument has been made that male circumcision negatively (although minorly) affects the male sexual experience.

So the parallels are there, people just react viscerally to one because it's not normalized in the West.
Let's agree to disagree walaalo. FGM can be deadly, bring the woman tons of pain, inhibits sexual pleasure whereas circumcision has absolutely no difference on men. On top of that girls are forced without consent at a young age. That's a recipe for disaster right there.

BANTU

+op MVLI
Let's agree to disagree walaalo. FGM can be deadly, bring the woman tons of pain, inhibits sexual pleasure whereas circumcision has absolutely no difference on men. On top of that girls are forced without consent at a young age. That's a recipe for disaster right there.
Definitely, agree to disagree.

Just remember Egypt, which has the best doctors in the Arab world and one of the highest prevalences of FGM, half the reasons you oppose FGM are null and void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending