Is Dictatorship Inherently Bad?

Muzaffer

๐•ฎ๐–”๐–’๐–—๐–†๐–‰๐–Š ๐•ฒ๐–Š๐–“๐–Š๐–—๐–†๐–‘
I don't think you'd be lackadaisical about the security situation of ordinary Iraqis if you yourself lived there.
I lived In a similar country Egypt so I know more than you.

Muzaffer

I don't think you'd be lackadaisical about the security situation of ordinary Iraqis if you yourself lived there.
Saddam was an idiot. Palestine was burning and Americans were invading Afghanistan and Indians were killing Kashmiris and the Russians were attack Chechnya, the Islamic world was in crisis.

and he went to invade Kuwait.

Saddam brought America to Iraq and after his popularity decreased he went to bombard Israel.

Saddam was an idiot. Palestine was burning and Americans were invading Afghanistan and Indians were killing Kashmiris and the Russians were attack Chechnya, the Islamic world was in crisis.

and he went to invade Kuwait.

Saddam brought America to Iraq and after his popularity decreased he went to bombard Israel.

The US was invading Afghanistan and he went to invade Kuwait????

Maybe you are very young.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
No, my view on Saddam is from talking to my co-worker who lived under Saddam as well as research.

No reasonable Iraqi unless they are Shia is going to deny that they were better off under Saddam.

Not everything Saddam did was bad. I am sympathetic to Saddam. He was an enemy of the Zionists- that is clear.

But it's not even a matter of whether Saddam personally was good or bad.

Whether what you say about killing football players is true or just propaganda from the media, it doesn't actually make a difference.

Ordinary Iraqis were way safer under Saddam than they are right now. Iraq was way safer for the ordinary person. And now they're run by the Shia. But independently of what anyone thinks about Saddam or the Shia government.... the Iraqis were better off under Saddam. You cannot reasonably claim that they are better off living in danger without security and it is an objective fact that the ordinary people were safer.
Blatant and clear injustice do not make any difference to you? :childplease:
I don't know what makes you ok with all that wrong he did and caused, even accepting that and being apologetic to it is unislamic.

What is wrong with having a dictatorship?

I don't see anything inherently wrong with dictatorship. If he's bad, he's bad but- if the head of state does a good job why not let him stay in power?

I don't think there's any reason why there couldn't be a benevolent dictatorship.
The devil Fidel Castro was good for his people in Cuba.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Not to the conclusion that Iraqis were better off. I argued Iraqis were better off, not that Saddam was one of the Four Rightly-Guided Caliphs.
Oh, you mean that, if the Iraqis now overthrew this Shia government but the situation got waaaaay worse, will that mean they should not have overthrown it?
Saddam was bad, and his reign was awful, just because the situation is worse than what he left doesn't wash what his reign looked like

Muzaffer

Also Gadafi was good to his people.
saddam-Ghadafi-Mubarak are all dictators who steal people's money and if you open your mouth then your traitor.

Muzaffer

Oh, you mean that, if the Iraqis now overthrew this Shia government but the situation got waaaaay worse, will that mean they should not have overthrown it?
Saddam was bad, and his reign was awful, just because the situation is worse than what he left doesn't wash what his reign looked like
don't waste your time because there are some people who love to be under dictatrship.

or you look at Saddam

you would have to be a crazy person or a Shia to think Iraq wasn't better off under Saddam

That is what I said. I didn't say Saddam was Umar ibn al-Khattab. I said Iraq was better off. Anything else is another discussion.

Muzaffer

That is what I said. I didn't say Saddam was Umar ibn al-Khattab. I said Iraq was better off. Anything else is another discussion.
wait hold a minute at what if he stayed in power and died a natural death,

Iraq will break apart

saddam-Ghadafi-Mubarak are all dictators who steal people's money and if you open your mouth then your traitor.
Gadafi helped transform Libya into a world class.
No Libyan was dying of hunger and the standard of living was better than most of European countries cant sya that about Mubarak.
But Saddam reign was full of external wars.

Muzaffer

Gadafi helped transform Libya into a world class.
No Libyan was dying of hunger and the standard of living was better than most of European countries cant sya that about Mubarak.
But Saddam reign was full of external wars.
all these people make a one-party government so when they die or fall other factions start killing each other to take the rulership.