Is debating random strangers online really worth it?

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Sometimes I try my best to avoid people who make claims based off misinformation , but I usually end up debating them.

My main issue is that the people I debate with usually never back up their claims with sources(peer reviewed research) and they have god awful grammar.

Anyone else feel the same way?

it's worth it for me

images

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
Yes, people in one of these threads were being anti-vaccine about the Covid-19 vaccine, so I asked one if he was bitter because he thinks he got autism from vaccines. I just mess with them now, they're not worth it. I used to debate people on Reddit and YouTube all the time, though I've learned through my years on the internet.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Yes, people in one of these threads were being anti-vaccine about the Covid-19 vaccine, so I asked one if he was bitter because he thinks he got autism from vaccines. I just mess with them now, they're not worth it. I used to debate people on Reddit and YouTube all the time, though I've learned through my years on the internet.
Was arguing with this guy on IG over which country is better between US/Canada and he just said "I never loss a debate ever". This wasn't a typo btw on his end because throughout our convo, he continued to type like an 8 year old.

That was actually the inspiration for this thread

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
Was arguing with this guy on IG over which country is better between US/Canada and he just said "I never loss a debate ever". This wasn't a typo btw on his end because throughout our convo, he continued to type like an 8 year old.

US = better salaries. Stay in shit hole Ontario and live with Indians for the rest of your life chump

JackieBurkhart

Was arguing with this guy on IG over which country is better between US/Canada and he just said "I never loss a debate ever".

He can't be serious right, you can't lose a debate if you refuse to engage with the debate and actually respond/make good points. That's actually moronic! Just disengage, people are delusional on the internet and let their inner idiot come out.

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
It’s never worth arguing. Say your piece and if they disagree or get angry just keep it pushing. It’s a waste of time and energy

JackieBurkhart

US = better salaries. Stay in shit hole Ontario and live with Indians for the rest of your life chump
At least 39 mass shootings in January, I love America but it has its major problems just like Canada. Calm down walaal and stop being reactionary, it's not that serious and its second nature to think the best country is the one you live in. :ohno:

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
At least 39 mass shootings in January, I love America but it has its major problems just like Canada. Calm down walaal and stop being reactionary, it's not that serious and its second nature to think the best country is the one you live in. :ohno:
I live in Canada this country pays are shit and have horrible job opportunities. I’m trying my luck at Seattle at least it’s tame minus the massive LGBT influx there

JackieBurkhart

I live in Canada this country pays are shit and have horrible job opportunities. I’m trying my luck at Seattle at least it’s tame minus the massive LGBT influx there
No doubt, but the U.S. isn't that great political wise with Biden, Pence and Trump being found with classified documents. :dead:οΏΌ That and Minnesota's pretty good, they think of Somalis pretty well. :lolbron: Choose immigrant friendly states with not too many non-cadaan immigrants and you'll be g, and a generous social safety net.

Keep it a boqol

La Ilaha Illallah
Ah yes, I totally forgot that just because the US offers a higher salary, that makes it a much better country!
That's only the case if you majored in a useless degree. I get job offers on the daily for IT/Data Science.
Arnt you interested in coding/IT? There is a higher demand in the states compared to Ontario and Vancouver with higher starting salaries. But if you want to live in india -erm I mean Brampton and freeze your balls off be my guest

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Arnt you interested in coding/IT? There is a higher demand in the states compared to Ontario and Vancouver with higher starting salaries. But if you want to live in india -erm I mean Brampton and freeze your balls off be my guest
Yeah, I'm comfortable with my career and I plan on moving to a different city in 2 years anyways. I also have no issues with Indians, they're cool people. It's just the foreign ones that have some issues adjusting but it's not entirely bad.

It's absolutely not worth it. You'd be hard pressed to get someone to change their views online and with a veil of anonymity it's hard to tell if people are even arguing in good faith or not. Internet arguments are one of the biggest wastes of time out there.

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ #DefundUN
Staff Member
Of course it is. You get them riled up. I never do it to win them over as that will rarely ever happen.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
I debate because it is a civic duty to educate and enlighten the masses. Not using evidence-based, empirical, and most importantly, rational arguments to combat the ever growing woefully ignorant is a disservice to humanity. You have to fight. It is why knowledge is a curse. I am tormented by this informed perspective, A double edged sword in fact, one side ruthlessly pierces the corrupt minds, the other? My sanity.

Trending

Latest posts