Is Blondism (including gingerism/red hair) non-existent in Somalis?

Not even brown? My sister has naturally medium brown hair.
I'm focusing on actual blondish or ginger/reddish hair colour traits, they seem to be non-existent or extremely rare. Have you ever seen a Somali with those hair colours?

Btw i've seen some Somalis with brown hair though.

Apollo

VIP
Pretty much.

It is rare all over the world except for in Europeans, Northern Middle Easterners, and Oceanians.

Pretty much.

It is rare all over the world except for in Europeans, Northern Middle Easterners, and Oceanians.
It's pretty boring that nearly every Somali has Black hair colour...we should import Irish, British & Russian women to spice things up & produce reddish-haired Somalis :icon lol:

40-maps-they-didn_t-teach-you-in-school-bored-panda-mozilla-firefox-3162015-52503-pm-bmp.jpg

Apollo

VIP
It's pretty boring that nearly every Somali has Black hair colour...we should import Irish, British & Russian women to spice things up & produce reddish-haired Somalis :icon lol:

It is connected to their white skin. Basically correlated traits. Populations darker than olive skin rarely have light hair.

Oceanians are a rare fluke.

El Molo

Descendents of Proto-Somalis often have blonde hair due to the PHD content of Lake Turkana which they live close to and swim in often.

Apollo

VIP

El Molo

Descendents of Proto-Somalis often have blonde hair due to the PHD content of Lake Turkana which they live close to and swim in often.

Inbredness likely the cause. They are a small tribe of less than 3,000 people.

PS. Most of them now speak Samburu (Nilotic), they are a more Niloticized version of Rendilles. :lol:

VixR

Veritas
My brother has naturally red/blonde arm hairs and body hair that is visible, but the hair on his head is primarily black with said highlights. My mom says her father was the same (but I suspect something there).

My natural highlights are brown, on primarily black hair. He’s the only one who has visible red hair in our family, but it’s not dominant enough to overpower black.

Red hair is a recessive trait. You need two redheads for the hope of producing a redhead, otherwise you get red hairs with the dominant phenotype.

Trending

Latest posts