Is Beyonce the most overhyped artist ever?

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
This is gonna ruffle some feathers... I've always felt that she was ridiculously overrated, but a visit to theColi and seeing a thread in particular confirmed my thoughts.

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=awards_by_artist#search_section

This website shows how many gold, platinum, multi-platinum albums. I had to scroll WAY down to find Beyonce's name :dwill:

Outsold by the likes of Taylor Swift, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears:mjlol:

Those women are nowhere near as talented as Ms. Knowles, but damn!!

Either way, discuss:sass2:
Her fans are the western version of Kpop stalker fans

Rihanna got an Mad Forehead
ADB9D715-8A13-47F6-B409-B228F46606B6.jpeg

That’s bigger than 99.99 procent of somalis forehead

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Beyonce definitely earned her crown. Have you seen her perform live? The dedication and her ability to completely take over a stage is leaps ahead of bland little white girls like Taylor Swift. She has the voice, the dance moves, and the presence. Name another living artist who has all three? Beyonce is acclaimed for a reason. She’s the real deal and puts so much effort in her performances, and the way people try to tear her down shows how much disdain they have for black women, who are always compared to basic nonblack women. I can’t believe you compared her to these white girls who can’t dance for shit. Black women are never praised for the amazing shit they do but try that shit on a famous black male like Michael Jordan and men will start foaming at the mouth :snoop:
I think Kid Cudi is the better artist. But I agree with what you said.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This is gonna ruffle some feathers... I've always felt that she was ridiculously overrated, but a visit to theColi and seeing a thread in particular confirmed my thoughts.

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=awards_by_artist#search_section

This website shows how many gold, platinum, multi-platinum albums. I had to scroll WAY down to find Beyonce's name :dwill:

Outsold by the likes of Taylor Swift, Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears:mjlol:

Those women are nowhere near as talented as Ms. Knowles, but damn!!

Either way, discuss:sass2:

Beaten by Limp Bizkit. :stressed: I can't believe it.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
For me the greatest female artist of all time is Lauryn Hill

Lyrics with substance, great singing voice. She could rap better than most rappers today while being naturally beautiful with zero plastic surgery

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is easily in the top five greatest hip hop albums, it has depth and meaning, not 'shake dat ass'

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I was shocked too

Beyonce is predominately an entertainer (par excellence) with great vocals (not a Mariah Carey) but she's worked like a child soldier in heels since she could walk. Her music is popular however I wouldn't say it's timeless. She has some decent ballads, though. I'm still surprised about where she was ranked on list, though.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP

Lyrics with substance, great singing voice. She could rap better than most rappers today while being naturally beautiful with zero plastic surgery

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is easily in the top five greatest hip hop albums, it has depth and meaning, not 'shake dat ass'
I’m biased to Whitney but Lauryn was a generational talent.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Kelly Rowland >>>>>>>>Beyonce

You bet she's overrated. Methinks her being lightskinned and with the soft features, has something to do with it.

Greatest female hip hop artist I'm right there with you. But not the greatest female artist, there's many I rate higher than Ms.Hill, namely Jill Scott, Nina Simone and Erykah Badu.

I'm a huge fan of Lauryn and the Fugees, but I can't say she the GOAT female artist. Closest thing to Lauryn nowadays is Janelle Monae she got bars, a crazy singing voice and content, and she's :lawd: so beautiful:lawd:

Trending

Latest posts