Is Baadiye a loan word?

Not every word that sounds and looks similar to Arabic words is an Arabic loan word.

it comes from the word: BAADI.
Somali dictionary:
baadi 1. (m.u) Wax lumay sida xoolo, lacag iwm. 2. Qof ka weecday waddada toosan

Something which is lost such as animals, money etc.

A person can also become “Baadi” when he has little or no animals left and thus needs help from other nomads.

Other uses:
someone who has become lost from the right path.

Baadicarar- a lost animal who has fled from its owners.
Baadiye: extensive wilderness

It is an Arabic word البادية
The Somali word for the desert or countryside
Is miyiga and duurka
What is the linguistic etymology of the Somali word
( miyi / Miyiga ) ?

In order to know the meaning of the word ( Baadiye ) , you must know the etymological origin of the word ( miyi / Miyiga ) !!!!!​

Thanks bro. Looks like you are right.
How is he right?
The linguistic etymology of the word ( Baadiye ) is found in the Somali language .

I know that the word ( Baadiye ) exists in the Arabic language and the Somali language.

The strange thing is that the word ( Baadiye ) does not exist in other Semitic languages !
WHY only in the Arabic language and not in other Semitic languages ?
They say the word ( بَادِيَة bādiya ) is
From the root ( ب د و‎ b-d-w ) .
They say the root ( ب د و b-d-w ) , يَبْدُو ( ybdw ) means :
to appearing , to becoming evident ,
to seem good , to be obvious , to show .....​
تفسير الطبري :
" ...... وجاء بكم من البدو ...... "
و " الَبْدوُ" مصدر من قول القائل : " بدا فلان ": إذا صار بالبادية،" يَبْدُو بَدْوًا
".​
يبدو لي ان كلامك صحيح
It seems to me that what you say is correct.
It appears to me that what you say is correct

What is the relationship between these meanings in the Arabic language and
the word ( Baadiye ) ?​

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
What is the linguistic etymology of the Somali word
( miyi / Miyiga ) ?

In order to know the meaning of the word ( Baadiye ) , you must know the etymological origin of the word ( miyi / Miyiga ) !!!!!​
My friend, you cannot ignore the Arab influence on the Somali language. Many words related to herding come from the Arabs, and do not forget that the Somalis took camels and goats And horses from the Arabs.

How is he right?
The linguistic etymology of the word ( Baadiye ) is found in the Somali language .

I know that the word ( Baadiye ) exists in the Arabic language and the Somali language.

The strange thing is that the word ( Baadiye ) does not exist in other Semitic languages !

يبدو لي ان كلامك صحيح

the word ( Baadiye ) ?​
The word بدو comes from بدا

تعريف و معنى بدو في معجم المعاني الجامع - معجم عربي عربي​

1. بُدُوّ: (اسم)
    • بُدُوّ : مصدر بَدا

الكلمة: البَادِيَةُ. الجذر: بدو. الوزن: فَاعِلَة.

[البَادِيَةُ]: الأرض الواسعة لا حَضَر بها.

والنسبة إِليها بَدَوِيّ، على غير قياس.

Last edited:
The word بدو comes from بدا

1. بُدُوّ: (اسم)
الكلمة: البَادِيَةُ. الجذر: بدو. الوزن: فَاعِلَة.
[البَادِيَةُ]: الأرض الواسعة لا حَضَر بها.

والنسبة إِليها بَدَوِيّ، على غير قياس.

صاحب الفديو يقول ان كلمة ( بادية ) من الجذر اللغوي ( بَدا ) الذي يعني الواضح والظاهر والبارز

كلامه في الفيديو خطأ ومخالف للقرآن

فالقرآن
هنا يطلق لفظ ( الْعَاكِفُ ) على المقيم ، بينما يستخدم القرآن لفظ ( الْبَادِ ) على المسافر والمرتحل بمعنى غير المقيم في مكة

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَيَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ الَّذِي جَعَلْنَاهُ لِلنَّاسِ سَوَاءً الْعَاكِفُ فِيهِ وَالْبَادِ ۚ
سورة الحج .

The man's speech in the video is wrong and contrary to the Quran.
He claims that the word ( بادية Baadiye ) comes from the linguistic root ( بَدا bada), which means clear, apparent and prominent.

Here the Quran used the word ( الْعَاكِفُ al- caakif ) for the resident,
while the Quran used the word ( الْبَادِ al-baadi ) for the traveler.

( إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَيَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ الَّذِي جَعَلْنَاهُ لِلنَّاسِ سَوَاءً الْعَاكِفُ فِيهِ وَالْبَادِ ۚ وَمَن يُرِدْ فِيهِ بِإِلْحَادٍ بِظُلْمٍ نُّذِقْهُ مِنْ عَذَابٍ أَلِيمٍ ) سورة الحج .​

Last edited:
صاحب الفديو يقول ان كلمة ( بادية ) من الجذر اللغوي ( بَدا ) الذي يعني الواضح والظاهر والبارز

كلامه في الفيديو خطأ ومخالف للقرآن

فالقرآن
هنا يطلق لفظ ( الْعَاكِفُ ) على المقيم ، بينما يستخدم القرآن لفظ ( الْبَادِ ) على المسافر والمرتحل بمعنى غير المقيم في مكة

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَيَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ الَّذِي جَعَلْنَاهُ لِلنَّاسِ سَوَاءً الْعَاكِفُ فِيهِ وَالْبَادِ ۚ
سورة الحج .

The man's speech in the video is wrong and contrary to the Quran.

Here the Quran used the word ( الْعَاكِفُ al- caakif ) for the resident, while the Quran used the word ( الْبَادِ al-baadi ) for the traveler.

( إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَيَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ الَّذِي جَعَلْنَاهُ لِلنَّاسِ سَوَاءً الْعَاكِفُ فِيهِ وَالْبَادِ ۚ وَمَن يُرِدْ فِيهِ بِإِلْحَادٍ بِظُلْمٍ نُّذِقْهُ مِنْ عَذَابٍ أَلِيمٍ ) سورة الحج .​
He didn't say that he said the word البدو comes from ( بَدا ) as the Arabic dictionary says so:

بُدُوّ: (اسم)

And the word ( بادية ) stems from the word (البدو ) according to Arabic dictionary :

الكلمة: البَادِيَةُ. الجذر: بدو. الوزن: فَاعِلَة

He didn't say that he said the word البدو comes from ( بَدا ) as the Arabic dictionary says so:

بُدُوّ: (اسم)

And the word ( بادية ) stems from the word (البدو ) according to Arabic dictionary :

الكلمة: البَادِيَةُ. الجذر: بدو. الوزن: فَاعِلَة
Answer this part :

The Quran used the word ( الْعَاكِفُ al- caakif ) for the resident,

Answer this part :

The Quran used the word ( الْعَاكِفُ al- caakif ) for the resident,

The tashkeel and harikat is different so they don't mean the same which is why ( بادية ) stems from the word (البدو )

الْبَادِيَة : كلمة أصلها الاسم (بَادِي) في صورة مفرد مذكر وجذرها (بدو) وجذعها (بادي) وتحليلها (ال + بادي + ة)

حدثني يونس، قال: أخبرنا ابن وهب، قال: قال ابن زيد، في قوله: ( سَوَاءً الْعَاكِفُ فِيهِ وَالْبَادِ ) قال: العاكف فيه: المقيم بمكة؛ والباد: الذي يأتيه هم فيه سواء في البيوت

The tashkeel and harikat is different so they don't mean the same which is why ( بادية ) stems from the word (البدو )

انت ربما تتكلم اللغة العربية
لكن ليس لديك معرفة بالجذور اللغوية للغات
الموضوع ليس له علاقة بالتشكيل والحركات
كلمة ( بادية ) وكلمة ( بادي ) كلاهما في النهاية من الجذر اللغوي
( بدو‎ b-d-w)​

وقوله : ( الذي جعلناه للناس سواء العاكف فيه والباد ) لا فرق فيه بين المقيم فيه والنائي عنه البعيد الدار منه​

You may speak Arabic.
But you have no knowledge of the linguistic roots of languages, according to what I see from your responses .
It has nothing to do with the diacritics ( tashkeel and ḥarakaat ) .

The word ( البادية al-Baadiya ) and the word ( الْبَادِ al-baadi) both
from the linguistic root ( بدو‎ b-d-w ) in Arabic language .​

وقوله : ( الذي جعلناه للناس سواء العاكف فيه والباد )
There is no difference between someone who resides there and someone who is far from it and whose homeland is far from it​

Last edited:
How is he right?

يبدو لي ان كلامك صحيح

the word ( Baadiye ) ?​

so are you saying that the word باديه came from somali language? are you serious?

Trending

Latest posts