Is Arab even technically a race ? I don’t think it’s wrong for certain Africans to claim Arab lineage

Is Arab even technically a race? I worked at a call center that collected data for the CDC. When I surveyed Middle Eastern people, they usually marked Asian as their race. Their reasoning was the the Middle East is technically in the Asian continent and called West Asia. Some of them consider themselves Euro-Asian, Syrian and Lebanese. Persians and some Iranians mark white. It seems like the label Arab is like Latino.

Also, the racial slur for Arabs is sand n***er. The Europeans favored the Berbers over the Arabs. As for me, I do feel kinder ship to Arabs, but still feel weary about them. A lot of maadows don’t like Arabs and have very experiences with them.
Strangely, despite being Catholic, my dad was a HUGE Islam supporter and Staned for the Middle East. Perhaps, it’s the Tuareg side that made him a simp for Aladdin and his friends.

Yea its pretty much like Latino
How you noticed that a lot of Mexicans look Arabic? My boyfriend and his kin look Syrian. Traditional Mexican women wear head scarves, too. The state where his family’s from have Mexicans that looks Arabic. Mexico has a lot of different races, but they identify with the culture first. Weirdly, his mum identifies as a Native American.

Yea its pretty much like Latino
Is it true that the Darood or Issaq are descended from a Muslim prophet from the Middle East? I heard that before.
My dad told that Islam originated from Africa . The Amazigh have the own version of the Koran that’s written in Tifinagh. Yeah. They invented they invented Islam and Arabic, somehow.........

Technically the concept of human races is not a real thing, at least not within biology. To answer your question; 'Arab' is not a race even within the general socially assumed classifications of a racial group, even what an Arab is has changed through time and broadedned. Some people, however, might subscribe and associate themselves to the traditional narrow definition of an Arab, for example, the Bedouin or Peninsula Arabs.

Technically the concept of human races is not a real thing, at least not within biology. To answer your question; 'Arab' is not a race even within the general socially assumed classifications of a racial group, even what an Arab is has changed through time and broadedned. Some people, however, might subscribe and associate themselves to the traditional narrow definition of an Arab, for example, the Bedouin or Peninsula Arabs.
Yeah, BUT there’s some Amazigh that are rejecting the Arabic label. I’m kinda on the fence about it. I don’t like how the Arabs tried to force their culture and language on North Africa. The Arabs’s logic was exactly like Pro-blacks. “ Derp, you gots to speak Arabic cause Muslim!!! You got to pay us taxes in order to uplift your brother!!!! “

No they are not. That is why I cringe when people say North Sudanese people are not Arab but 'black'. Just because they're dark skin, doesn't mean they're not Arab. Its only Westerners who seem to think Arab is a race.

Yeah, BUT there’s some Amazigh that are rejecting the Arabic label. I’m kinda on the fence about it. I don’t like how the Arabs tried to force their culture and language on North Africa. The Arabs’s logic was exactly like Pro-blacks. “ Derp, you gots to speak Arabic cause Muslim!!! You got to pay us taxes in order to uplift your brother!!!! “

With Berbers and Amazigh its different. N Arab is someone who's first language is Arabic and has Arab culture. Berbers and Amazigh have a right to reject the Arab label because they have their own language and culture.

Arabization of African populations is complex, I'm not well enough educated on the whole process to comment on it, thoughI think one group forcing another is a bit of an oversimplification.

No they are not. That is why I cringe when people say North Sudanese people are not Arab but 'black'. Just because they're dark skin, doesn't mean they're not Arab. Its only Westerners who seem to think Arab is a race.
Northern Sudanese actually carry substantial amounts of Arab Y-DNA, telling us that they were Arabized through intermarriage. Most of their ancestry is a reflection of the region with some Arab admixture also.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
More like an ethnicity/genealogical label. If someone has an Arabic father and lets say black mother, and he looks black, he will be considered Arab, by traditional Arab culture.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Is it true that the Darood or Issaq are descended from a Muslim prophet from the Middle East? I heard that before.
My dad told that Islam originated from Africa . The Amazigh have the own version of the Koran that’s written in Tifinagh. Yeah. They invented they invented Islam and Arabic, somehow.........
Isaaq and Darood aren't decedents of any prophets or Arab men. It was just a claim to Banu Hashim origin that made early Somalis feel more closer to the prophet by claiming lineage to his uncle. Recent DNA evidence debunked it all. Weirdly enough though, DNA evidence also showcased a recent founder effect in both Darood & Isaaq clans, indicating that Darood & Isaaq possibly did exist but weren't Arabs merely religious teachers.
How you noticed that a lot of Mexicans look Arabic? My boyfriend and his kin look Syrian. Traditional Mexican women wear head scarves, too. The state where his family’s from have Mexicans that looks Arabic. Mexico has a lot of different races, but they identify with the culture first. Weirdly, his mum identifies as a Native American.
Yep I've noticed it too, i suppose the mediterranean look hits hard with them :ftw9nwa: not so much other hispanics especially central americans.

Trending